Firelands Raid Hotfixes Sept. 20

85 Tauren Druid
09/20/2011 12:11 PMPosted by Puddinpop
Sorry guys, I have to leave the raid group. I zoned in before you and accidentally hit fan of knives. All the bosses died.

HaHaHaHa, that's awesome.
Edited by Gummibär on 9/20/2011 2:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I was expecting a gradual nerf as well. Still I guess it doesnt matter if its nerf this week or next week.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Hunter
@everyone posting on alts too chicken to post from main: your opinion totally matters...... when you post from a character that matters.

Is this serious? If you're referring to normal Rag, and I'm sure you are, the adds have like 150k hp. On my mage I can literally kill one (or at least get it sub 50%) before the next one even spawns, because of how nicely they spawn in the same spots every time. Could probably kill them with 1 stun and 1 dps on each side lol. You have to be kidding.

Yes, this is serious. 18-20 bodies controlling same number of adds that 5 bodies (plus tanks and healers popping damage increasing CDs) are required to control. reduced HP or not, do you not see the problem? if you don't, you are a 25 man raider.

Before the next one spawns? i have doubts on this as they all spawn within moments of each other. were talking about the same adds correct? I'm not taking about the flaming seed adds during phase two.

then in the 2nd transition it gets WORSE for 10 man raid groups, where now we have everything from the previous transition, PLUS two more adds that the tanks need to pick up, all while stunning adds and popping damage cds.

do you seriously not see the issue with this?

what I'm saying is that they want to slowly (supposedly they wanted to make this transition slowly. if this is the start of slowly, I'm shocked) make firelands easier. reducing the number of adds in the transitions by as little as one add would be a significant stress reduction for 10 man groups.

but then again, i wouldn't expect 25m guilds to understand, with your 3 Brezes, 2 extra pieces of loot on heroic, just because, your 18-20 dps to cover that DPSer who is only a raider cause he or she is the MT / GL / healers significant other, etc.

the only time 10 man has it easier than 25m is when the two words "Spread out" are mentioned.

I've killed normal Rag on 10 and 25, and pulled H Rag on 10. I don't claim to be in the best guild in the world, or I'd already have killed him. My guild has only pulled him last week due to attendance issues (why we're doing it on 10), and has made decent progress into p4 already.

Yes, I know you're talking about Sons of Flame, the 8 adds that spawn during the 2 transitions. In normal mode, they all spawn in set locations, and as a mage (pretty op in this situation) I can hit them once and drop them close to or below 50% in one Arcane Blast, sometimes able to kill them in two hits. It's completely possible to hit one, drop it below 50%, then start casting on the next one that has just spawned and not moved yet. That's just by myself. With 4-5 other dps (not sure why it would need to be 3 healed, but whatever) , there is plenty of time/dps to kill them with just 1 stun/deathgrip on each side. Anything more than that isn't needed, at least on normal.

During the second transition, your tanks can pick up the Scions, and still do whatever they normally do, such as stun an add. On normal there is almost no healing needed on the raid, so the healers can focus on healing the tank(s) with the Scions. The fight is already nerfed, and you want them to take an add out, further nerfing the fight? The fight is the last boss of the raid instance, it's supposed to be difficult (though one could argue that it isn't really difficult at all on normal, and the nerfs just make it that much easier.)

As far as 25 man raids having more dps per add, this is true, but the adds on 10 man have significantly less hp. So much less hp in fact, that the adds are probably more difficult to kill in 25 man because each player has to actually do more damage in order to kill them.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Hunter

People keep saying this is what they said, but it really seems that it's a misinterpretation of "over the next couple of weeks" which could mean incremental or could mean floating deadline. If you find the actual quote, I'll be with you there. If not, then it seems like a lot of rage over nothing.

- "we’ll be toning down the difficulty of both normal and Heroic raids through hotfixes in the coming weeks."
- "so this is a heads up that we’re planning to apply the difficulty hotfixes beginning the week of September 19."

Source -
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3494581
Edited by Finlek on 9/20/2011 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Why didn't you just remove Wrath of Ragnaros from the game entirely? I mean, it just does nothing now, it might as well not even exist.

Also, I hate each and every one of these changes. I hate the reasoning behind them. I hate how you gave us only a single week's notice when we should've been notified at least a month in advance. I hate how content is being nerfed before 4.3 is even on the ptr. And most of all, I hate the fact that I will now never be able to see this content. Oh sure, my guild will probably be able to reach heroic Rag now (assuming we can even actually get 25 people to log on in the first place), but the heroic Ragnaros fight that I want to experience is gone. It's been removed from the game and replaced with an inferior version of it. I will now never get to experience the original, just as I never got to experience or complete the original version of so many other fights. I don't care if it takes me longer to reach and experience this content. Hell, content already get's nerfed naturally via better gear from later raids and higher levels from future expansions. The very nature of being a casual player is that I have less time to play, and thus I will experience the game slower and take longer to see it. I have accepted that. If anything, it just means that the game will last me longer and keep me playing for longer. What I do not accept, is that, because it takes me longer to reach this content, I don't get to experience it at all. 'Oh, you wanted to see what Heroic Ragnaros was really like? Too bad, you didn't get to him fast enough.' NOTHING infuriates me more than being denied access to content and being given a watered down version of it in the name of seeing that very content. No, seeing that very content means seeing the way it was, not what it's become. The only way I'll ever see that now is in a youtube video. And if that's what I wanted, then why am I playing at all? I can watch youtube videos for free and it takes less time.

I said this before the nerfs happened, and I'll say it again. I really really hate the way content gets nerfed overtime. These nerfs are not for casual players, because casual players can only raid for a few hours a week and still be good enough to make progress, albeit more slowly. These changes are for the bad players, and that is deeply distressing. Bad players shouldn't be encouraged to be bad, knowing that if they fail long enough, eventually things will be dumbed down for them. Instead, they should be getting encouraged, and taught in game, how to be better players. Player skill level should be brought up, encounter difficulty level shouldn't be brought down, ESPECIALLY when you're bringing it down for the players who didn't need or want it at the same time.

In 4.3, we're essentially getting easy mode raiding via the raid finder. I REALLY hope that the existence of 3 different levels of difficulty from the start reduces the need for such excessive content nerfs, because, while I'm extremely excited for 4.3, my excitement for a new expansion is considerably lessened, and I'm having a difficult time imagining what could possibly be announced at Blizzcon to make me enthusiastic about whatever the next expansion winds up being. If the expansion winds up looking as lackluster as I'm expecting it too, and I keep being denied the opportunity to experience the content that I want to experience, then I simply don't see why I should keep playing, so unless the next expansion announcement blows me away at Blizzcon, I'll probably be quitting when the seemingly inevitable 4.3 nerfs happen.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
@ Aelelia

you have 1 HM kill, what are you talking about? Interesting that all those who talk, like me have 1HM. News flash if you like me, are only 1/7HM you very probably need the nerf

I don't NEED anything.

I don't NEED to kill Heroic Ragnaros. I don't even ENJOY heroic mode content - it's recycled content at the absolute worst - the same bosses you've seen die over and over again on Normal are barely enjoyable to down on a higher difficulty.

I WANT to hit some walls in raiding, so that we can work through them in an intelligent and fun manner.

Then go do it instead of complaining endlessly. Trust me H Baleroc, H Majordormo with Dps can and will stomp u flat

the Problem is he CANT do it as the same difficulty it should be, that has been taken away from us, the Challenge has been lessened in such a degree that it takes the sense of accomplishment out of doing it now
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Well you didn't listen to the community and I fear you just started the beginning of the end for WoW. Expect subscribers to plummet before 4.3 and many not come back
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
keyword EASIER, LESS HARDER. ALOT of us dont want that from our HERORIC aka not Normal raid
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I too am sick of these content nerfs. Our guild has been working hard in Firelands, and having a great time doing it. We're a casual raiding guild, so it takes us a a little more than a couple months to get eveyone geared and on the same page. Suddenly, blammo... goodbye challenging raid, and hello consolation prize. We all agree (in our guild), this is a kick in the go-nads. We felt the same way with the prior content nerf. It's gotten to the point that we're starting to loose people (cancelled accounts) because of these nerfs.

Is anyone else in the same boat here? Getting bosses down to 1-2% and getting excited about a potential kill only to have it ripped away by this?

Sum up - Stop insulting us by nerfing raid content.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
OOB
So to be clear, the 4.0 heroics were left as is, and are now harder than the 4.2 heroics?
Edited by Kelrox on 9/20/2011 3:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
09/20/2011 10:14 AMPosted by Natryl
*sadface*
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
09/20/2011 03:35 PMPosted by Kelrox
So to be clear, the 4.0 heroics were left as is, and are now harder than the 4.2 heroics?

Having not done any of either, but from what I've been reading... This may be the case.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Thank you

That is all
Reply Quote
27 Orc Warrior
09/20/2011 11:28 AMPosted by Brudarek
15% is huge... it completely eliminates the challenge of pretty much every boss. No more burn phases. Scrubs putting up 10k dps can probably clear the place now.

Oh, so sad. So sad it hurts. Scrubs can clear current raid content. Here is a tissue...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
09/20/2011 02:47 PMPosted by Gummibär
Sorry guys, I have to leave the raid group. I zoned in before you and accidentally hit fan of knives. All the bosses died.

HaHaHaHa, that's awesome.

haha, 2nd.

*sigh* wish we'd had one more week, could have downed Rag :( oh well.
We can start heroics now I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
How bout you all calm the fudge down?

Its a game.

No !@#$ "Sherlock"
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue

People keep saying this is what they said, but it really seems that it's a misinterpretation of "over the next couple of weeks" which could mean incremental or could mean floating deadline. If you find the actual quote, I'll be with you there. If not, then it seems like a lot of rage over nothing.

- "we’ll be toning down the difficulty of both normal and Heroic raids through hotfixes in the coming weeks."
- "so this is a heads up that we’re planning to apply the difficulty hotfixes beginning the week of September 19."

Source -
<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3494581">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3494581</a>

Exactly, what I see here unfortunately is Blizzard being willing to take no extra time with this content. They are devoting a majority of their resources to D3, Titan or WoW:4. Not even an attempt to phase nerfs or listen to any suggestions to keep people happy.

Sad.
Edited by Jacobmullins on 9/20/2011 4:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]