Firelands Raid Hotfixes Sept. 20

85 Tauren Paladin
I don't suppose a Blue could clarify why these nerfs are being done all at once instead of over several weeks like it was implied by another Blue? Now I'm feeling a little disappointed with the nerfs.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Beth - Already an easy fight, didn't need nerfing.
Shannox - A faceroll even on heroic, didn't need nerfing.
Ryolith - Faceroll. A big one. No nerf required.
Alysrazor - This one is a challenge for a lot of people for some reason. Maybe the tornados just didn't click with people. Nerf is kinda acceptable.
Baleroc - A DPS check to make sure you are ready for Staghelm and Raggy. No nerf needed.
Staghelm - A lot of guilds have a lot of trouble with this fight due to the damage amping up so high, and cleaves popping seeds. Nerf acceptable.
Ragnaros - Nerfing this boss essentially removes the *Burn Phase* once he hits 40%. Now 40% will be the new 10% on Raggy.

Congrats on giving free loot to people. While you're here, can I get a set of Str based Warglaves, ilvl 391? kthxbai.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
... srsly?
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm against these nerfs, but not for the reasons you might think.

Nerfs like these encourage people to play poorly, which harms the game tremendously.

Even normal mode Firelands required you to play smart and bring your A-game. Now people who haven't been bothered to put in any effort towards raiding are going to think it's fine to play poorly everywhere, and they will never get better.

And they'll also hit the 4.3 raid and fall apart and call for heavy nerfs because Blizzard designed it for the elitist minority or something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
is it just me or are the slower alysrazor tornados more annoying than before? I kept having to stop.
Edited by Elliora on 9/20/2011 5:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/20/2011 04:19 PMPosted by Legendaîry
I don't suppose a Blue could clarify why these nerfs are being done all at once instead of over several weeks like it was implied by another Blue? Now I'm feeling a little disappointed with the nerfs.

Today's hotfixes were applied today.
Reply Quote
45 Human Warlock
09/20/2011 05:30 PMPosted by Kaivax

So further nerfs are planned?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid

Any chance of answering the question?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Would have liked some more time on H Rag pre-nerf...a little heads up on what exactly is getting nerfed next time would be nice.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Was already getting bored of raiding but this is enough incentive to stop. Pandering to players who don't spend time actually playing the game, learning to play there clases. No gradual easing, just an outright lazy nerf on blizzard's part.

Instead of nerfing blizzard why not just sell all the gear on a new vendor, because your essentially handing out gear to those who honestly don't deserve it. If people are unwilling to put some effort into refining there stats, play style and/or class then they do not diserve to be handed gear.

Would love to see a blue actually justify why there was such immense nerfs for fights that really didn't require any nerfs at all. I don't understand why you couldn't just tweak some of the mechanics to suit and actually keep some sort of progression
Edited by Rapacity on 9/20/2011 5:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I'LL NERF YOU!
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
But.. on a more serious note.. these nerfs will encourage players to lay back, relax, and only makes hardcore players board. All it does is encourage the players to 'Take it easy' so that they can hit a brick wall when the new raid content comes out. And then they complain, then nerf, then brick wall, then complain, then nerf, etc etc... It's an endless cycle. A cycle that will continue to spiral until blizzard says enough. Until they decide that raiding shouldn't be for those guys who don't want to put forth the extra effort.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I think you missed the point, the game is much more hardcore now than ever before.
Before we would have 4 to 6 months to try and finish content. A steady progressing guild like the one I am could have a hope to finish the content while it were still relevant. Nowadays only the top of the top can have hopes to finish the content when it is still relevant.

For all the rest of us, me included, we can go and kill Heroic Ragnaros just like we could go and kill Heroic Lich King today. Only difference is Heroic Ragnaros still drop itens useful for the next tier. Other than that, same thing, same sensation of accomplishment, none.

I wish the game was a little bit more casual.
Edited by Cowbino on 9/20/2011 6:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/20/2011 06:19 PMPosted by Cowbino
I think you missed the point, the game is much more hardcore now than ever before

It's absolutely the opposite, actually.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I would just like to say that the Liquid Obsiduim in Heroic Rhyolith has not has a health reduction that i could notice note sure if im wrong please say so
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
One question.

Since the first notes stated all add health and damage was reduced proportional to the boss nerf but is this still the case? The second set that came right after just stated the boss health and damage with no mention of adds except on a few specific instances.

The bosses in question are Alysrazor and Beth'tilac for Heroic mode.
Edited by Bullettime on 9/20/2011 6:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I think you missed the point, the game is much more hardcore now than ever before

It's absolutely the opposite, actually.

I 'm sure you missed my point.
Edited by Cowbino on 9/20/2011 6:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
lol @ level 1 alts posting
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
OOB

I think they asked why, not when.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I do enjoy watching people complain about the nerfs when they haven't even done 7/7 HM.

/sigh.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]