State of the realm

93 Night Elf Druid
Hello! I'm currently on a server three hours later then my time zone, which gets kinda awkward with dinner conflicting with raid times (And I like dinner and refuse to eat near my computer), so I'm looking for a realm on/near my time zone (PST) that has decent people and decent raiding. So, I have a few questions. All of these questions are for alliance side.

1: How is the economy?
2: How mature/immature are the people?
3: Is pvp decent and semi-active?
4: Is progression raiding semi-decent (like, 3 or so into heroic modes)
5: Whats the horde/alliance ratio?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
26 Undead Rogue
Here to tell you that economy I am not to sure about.
People can be fairly mature seems pretty normal from server to server.
PvP is active but everyone on the server basically sucks. If you want to PvP do not come here EVER.
Raiding is also pretty horrible on this server were way behind everyone and overall theirs like 2 guilds that have done... "Decent."
Most of the PvP people are on horde from what iv noticed.

Blade's edge is Fails edge.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I am Zordstrom and i approve the previous message.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Bro.Go.ally

09/15/2011 04:14 PMPosted by Joux

Its fine.

*cough*..Everyone is nice,And trade is always useful and mature

Only 1 good pvp guild on horde side, Don't try to pug groups in blades edge.NEVER works out.

Phase two.Reported for winning.

I'd say its a good mix,Never had problems with it.

I say truthfully,There are a ton of nice people there.
But like most realms it has its faults
Battle group is fine,Its always a lose lose then win like most others for horde.

Best bet make a alt go around looking for a raid guild,Apply,If you get in make the move.
Same with pvp
Edited by Fäze on 9/15/2011 8:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Its a pretty great place to live when you're living Werecakes's life.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Hello! I'm currently on a server three hours later then my time zone, which gets kinda awkward with dinner conflicting with raid times (And I like dinner and refuse to eat near my computer), so I'm looking for a realm on/near my time zone (PST) that has decent people and decent raiding. So, I have a few questions. All of these questions are for alliance side.

All my answers are Alliance based

Slowing down like on most servers. Ore is no longer readily available at cheap prices. 50g+/stack is pretty common with rarely more than 1 page of pyrite and 3 pages of the other 2. Gem prices are moderate. Prospecting and shuffling will earn maybe 20-25% of what they did during 4.1. Herbs are cheap but so are consumables. Glyph demand is down but that's also common across servers. 365 BoE's 10-15k, 378 Bracers 7-12k, other 378 BoE's 15-25k. Embers 11-15k. Not sure about enchanting mats or scrolls, I don't mess with the current content ones myself.

3-5 major players in each of the usual markets, 2-3 in each of the smaller niches (pets, older mats, recipes, etc).

Mixed bag. There are some great people and some dbags. No better or worse than anywhere else.

No idea.

2 guilds 3/7h, 1 guild 2/7h, 3 guilds 1/7h, a small handful 7/7 or 6/7+1/7h. The sticky'd progression thread and wowpedia entry are very accurate and up to date. No one is 13/13 in t11 content.

Not sure of the exact ratio but I believe there's more alliance. Traditionally Horde has been PvP centric and Alliance PvE centric, although that's changing a bit IMO

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest

Thanks!

Economy: get undercut 100000 times a day
Maturity depends on your situation, in trade, never, your guild, maybe
We suck at pvp
We do have a few guilds doing heroic modes, a few more on the verge of being 7/7 (sadly this is good for us)
Ratio, I have no clue, nor do I care because its not a pvp server
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

Thanks!

This is an Ok realm like all others each side has an opinion but for the most part both sides have very valid opinions.

First don't listen to Fäze he likes to troll horde trade chat. j/k Fäze aka Laticus. You cool bro.

1. Economy is terrible when Blizzard releases patch with new content because everyone over prices items. Their is major undercutting in the AH on both alliance and horde.

2. I would have to say both sides have mature players but I find alliance has the most immature players on the weekends when all the kiddies are playing. Horde has its share of immature players too but it is usually in the bg's.

3. Horde PVP is alive but needs some improvements depending on the bracket you are in. I really have not PVP'd my alliance toons recently so I can not answer for alliance. However if you are looking to pvp I would suggest going to a PVP realm like Rivendare or Kil'Jeaden.

4. Alliance has Decent progression with guild like Ouroboros, Exile and Noob Squad as well as some others. Horde has progression with Phase Two, Reported for Winning, Calamitous Intent, and Death Dealers (a small guild) and some others.

5. Horde/alliance Ratio is 51.66% horde to 48.34% Alliance as stated on http://www.wowrealmstatus.net/servers/us/blades_edge.php

Hope this answered your questions and good luck with whatever you do.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Noob Squad

<3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
First don't listen to Fäze he likes to troll horde trade chat. j/k Fäze aka Laticus. You cool bro.
<3 Lol i was super imature on that realm.

Learned meh lesson :).
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
09/16/2011 10:37 AMPosted by Salagord
Noob Squad

<3

^ I approve this message!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
To sum up, don't come here for PvP or end-game PvE. Come here to level, quest and run 5-mans.

In fact, you'd likely have to app/trial/beg/wtf-ever just to get into one of the small handful of guilds with a reg Rag kill (8, at last check. I'm not kidding). Edit: Boy, those mega-nerfs helped. Suddenly there's a flood of new progression. Don't be fooled.

By your criteria, I'd go check out Crushridge (PvP) or Kill'rogg (PvE)... both PT, fairly faction-balanced and higher pop.

To answer your next question, I keep a couple toons here because I'm casual and have friends here. Otherwise I'd follow my own advice ;)
Edited by Adimaul on 9/25/2011 9:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
I have been on several servers, both alliance & horde, and although Blade's Edge wasn't the worst I've seen it's definitely bottom 20%. Why? Raiding is weak & RBGs seemed damn near impossible to find. There was 1 Horde guild that did RBGs fairly consistently but they wanted high ratings (understandable, but annoying). I have a ton of pre-cata experience (and success) but of course that & $3 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks, so I became very irritated with the whole catch 22 (need good ratings to get into a solid RBG group, hard to get a good rating doing pugs). Oh yea the AH prices were stupid high as well.

In summary there are better servers... proly about 150 of them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I have been on several servers, both alliance & horde, and although Blade's Edge wasn't the worst I've seen it's definitely bottom 20%. Why? Raiding is weak & RBGs seemed damn near impossible to find. There was 1 Horde guild that did RBGs fairly consistently but they wanted high ratings (understandable, but annoying). I have a ton of pre-cata experience (and success) but of course that & $3 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks, so I became very irritated with the whole catch 22 (need good ratings to get into a solid RBG group, hard to get a good rating doing pugs). Oh yea the AH prices were stupid high as well.

In summary there are better servers... proly about 150 of them.

Post on main and not some alt and give the guy some useful information that has not already been given!!!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I'm pretty sure coffee is more than $3 dollar at starbucks, I mean we are talking about starbucks here
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
09/21/2011 08:48 AMPosted by Poptard
I'm pretty sure coffee is more than $3 dollar at starbucks, I mean we are talking about starbucks here

Although I enjoy Starbucks, I tend to go to Dunkin Donuts for coffee more often.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
09/21/2011 10:49 AMPosted by Pallypimp

Although I enjoy Starbucks, I tend to go to Dunkin Donuts for coffee more often.

I wish I could go dunkin more, but theres only 1 dunkin here, and like 98472394826 starbucks =/
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
09/25/2011 04:44 PMPosted by Hyacinthius

I wish I could go dunkin more, but theres only 1 dunkin here, and like 98472394826 starbucks =/

I feel your pain...

A move left me totally Dunkin-less for about four years. Luckily a few years back they came to my area. Starbucks still out numbers 'em, but it's ok...I have a Dunkin walking distance from me now:D

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]