How is this server?

85 Night Elf Priest
I plan to transfer servers and had a couple of questions:

Does the horde to alliance ratio seem somewhat even?

Are there any PvP guilds (horde or alliance)?

Is there active world PvP?

Thank you for your time, it is greatly appreciated!
Reply Quote
94 Troll Hunter
09/20/2011 05:45 PMPosted by Hooray

I've never understood the allure of world pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
<3 world pvp
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Druid
This server is the answer to your hopes and dreams.

There are slightly more horde than alliance, but that never seems to be much of an issue.

Both factions are loaded down with actively pvping guilds, so you couldn't go wrong with whatever race you choose.

There is always world pvp to be found. You can either join in on a skirmish in progress or go about causing your own to occur.

We all hope to see you come join us here on Eredar, the server where time spent is time earned.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
09/20/2011 08:30 PMPosted by Unggoy

The allure used to be being melded by a roadside, having a nice happy mage ride past, and dismounting him straight to the ground with an aimedshot.

Sadly they decided to give mages stamina so this stopped being fun.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
09/21/2011 10:40 PMPosted by Fafhrd

The allure used to be being melded by a roadside, having a nice happy mage ride past, and dismounting him straight to the ground with an aimedshot.

Sadly they decided to give mages stamina so this stopped being fun.

Resilience too

Btw you didn't need shadowmeld at all to pull that off back in the day, as you may or may not know :(
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Best.... Server..... EVER!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
this server sux
Reply Quote
YOU SHOULD TRANSFER TO THIS SERVER SO YOU CAN GO OUT THERE AND MAKE ME SOME !@#$%^- MONEY!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
I'm about to xfer off this server personally. Our battlegroup is terrible, and ally outnumber us not on the server but as a whole in the battlegroup
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/24/2011 10:00 AMPosted by Dorkrising
I'm about to xfer off this server personally. Our battlegroup is terrible, and ally outnumber us not on the server but as a whole in the battlegroup

I have sniffed around a few other servers and although a lot of the servers do not have the same epic level of ignorance we have all come to love on Eredar, the battle groups seem to suck no matter where you go.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'll put in my own opinion because I think you're getting a very idealized idea of our server, and I'd hate for you to server change and find out it's not as lovely as first mentioned. It's not a bad server any means, but as someone who just pvps I find it a bit tiring at times.

Does the horde to alliance ratio seem somewhat even? I'd say no. Horde (supposedly, this is heresay from friends so could be wrong) has much longer battle ground queues. Alliance tends to lose tb a bit more than horde, but when attacking we've... generally got an okay chance. There is also the omg alliance sucks on this server complaining, but I guess that happens on pretty much all servers. The 'this server is dead' comment is also pretty common and we've had pvpers on ally side server transfer to find better ones.

Are there any PvP guilds (horde or alliance)? Yep, plenty on both I think. I know on ally there are at least 3 guilds that just pvp (I'm in one of them). They're not extremely serious pvp guilds from what I've found (as in not doing full 10 man rbgs twice a week or something like that), but there is effort and people out there who do want to pvp.

Is there active world PvP? I haven't seen any in ages. I'm not actively looking for it I guess so I could be wrong, but other than a few horde in sw now and then nothing's really popped up.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
as someone who just came here, its not bad. but i dont know how staghelm is to compare it too.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Well, Staghelm has 1 PvP guild which doesn't do RBGs, no world pvp (for obvious reasons; normal server), and it's virtually impossible to find a decent arena partner given that people here think that 1500-1800 rating is something to brag about.

Which brings up another question that I have, what is the difficulty of finding decent arena partners? Is arena active on Eredar?

Thanks again!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
I've played both sides of this server. There is a low- fair amount of people around. I'd say horde have more then alliance but not by much. There are active PvP guilds, raiding guilds, everything. Battlegrounds kinda suck at low levels for alliance but it's not hopeless. High level bg's are pretty much even and as long as there isn't a fool (because you can't get away from them completely no matter what) you should be fine. I have not seen any world pvp in the longest time so I'm sorry to say it's dead if not dying (take your best guess at why). I do like the server though and we could always use a few more people to liven it up. If your alliance sweet welcome aboard. If your horde, I'd be happy to give you a taste of world pvp should I ever find you.
Edited by Tseichi on 9/27/2011 7:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Druid
Transfer to this server now.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
BESIDES THE TROLLS OF DIZEE AND HIS MEDDLING SIDEKICKS
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Ware the dizee crew, they are fun. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
People are xferring to Eredar? wow.
Reply Quote
pew pew pew pew pew pew
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]