Imp Hamstring Tracking (TellMeWhen Addon)

90 Orc Warrior
I wanted to provide details on what settings I use to track Improve Hamstring and the 30 second cooldown associated with it as there seems to be a fair number of people looking for help on the subject. I reference this in the Arms PvP Guide however I wanted to offer more details here for those that may have issues getting it setup exactly how they want it.

There are other addons that can be used (PowerAuras, Extra CD, etc) but since TellMeWhen is a fairly popular addon and the one I personally use am just describing the TMW settings.

My TMW Settings Imp Hamstring Tracking Functionality:
    - Icon which I placed near the center of my screen above my target so it is very easy to see
    - Hidden until in combat, once in combat the icon becomes visible when targeting an enemy player
    - Once Imp Hamstring is used it begins the 30 second count-down with numeric display over the icon
    - Once the 30 seconds are over and it is available again a sound notification goes off just in case I am too busy to notice the numeric countdown finishing
    - It doesn't matter who I have targeted; for example I can imp hamstring a DPS and then swap to a healer and my count down and sound notification will go off as soon as the 30 seconds are up and I can imp ham again

The functionality listed above is based on the following settings I personally have in place for TellMeWhen.

TellMeWhen Settings:
Access options by typing /tmw and then right-click the icon
    On the 'Main' tab at the bottom of the options screen
      - Type: Internal Cooldown
      - Enabled: Checked
      - Skill: Click the dropdown arrow -> debuff -> rooted -> improved hamstring
      - Show Timer: Checked
      - Show Timer Text: Checked
      - Triggered by: Buff/debuff/energize
      - Show icon when: Always
    On the 'Conditions' tab
      - Click the green + to create a condition
      - Type: Unit Reaction
      - Unit: Target
      - Value: Hostile
    On the 'Sounds' tab
      - Select a sound for the 'On Finish' setting
    On the 'Group Settings' tab
      - Only Show in Combat: Checked
      - Primary Spec: Checked
      - Secondary Spec: Checked
      - Arms: Checked (fury & prot unchecked)
      - Icon (Columns: 1, Rows: 1)

When done right click and drag the icon to move it exactly where you want it. TellMeWhen is a very versatile addon for tracking different things and you can set it up however you want, I was just describing how I happen to have it setup but definitely recommend people try different things to see what works best for them.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
OK, so this is weird... when i try to use the drowndown menu to get to Improved Hamstring when I hover over Rooted the next menu opens so that it's slightly above where my mouse is and I cannot move my mouse over into it... ugh.

EDIT: I had to type in the spell ID like before and eventually got it working but I'm not sure how... it might be because i had to type in the duration like 23694:30.
Edited by Callahan on 9/21/2011 8:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Squirrelnut, simply put, is amazing.

Thanks for your posts man
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
OK, so this is weird... when i try to use the drowndown menu to get to Improved Hamstring when I hover over Rooted the next menu opens so that it's slightly above where my mouse is and I cannot move my mouse over into it... ugh.

EDIT: I had to type in the spell ID like before and eventually got it working but I'm not sure how... it might be because i had to type in the duration like 23694:30.

Ya the positioning of menus is oddly annoying but if you move your mouse really quickly you can select it. If unable to do that then I think you have two options to still make it work:
    1. Type the name: Improved Hamstring:30
    2. Type the spell id: 23694:30

Squirrelnut, simply put, is amazing.
Thanks for your posts man

=) glad they help
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Finally got it working, thank you squirrelnut and callahan.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I tried for (sic) a long time to get this to work, and your lengthy description of how to ACTUALLY get it work proves why I gave up. Thanks so much!!

Armed with this knowledge I'll give the other one a try: I want to track rend on my target.

But if you have tips for that one too, I wouldn't turn it down. ;)

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior

Armed with this knowledge I'll give the other one a try: I want to track rend on my target.

But if you have tips for that one too, I wouldn't turn it down. ;)

Here are my TellMeWhen settings for rend - the icon is visible until I rend them, then it is not visible. If rend falls off it becomes visible again.

Type: Buff/Debuff
Enabled: Checked
Skill: Rend (spell number is 772)
Who: Target
Buff or debuff: Debuff
Show icon when: Absent
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I actually track Rend with MSBT (MikScrollingBattleText) and use sound notification when it falls off
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
tbh i never knew it had a 30 second internal cooldown.. but that is just stupid bc now i feel even worse for not being able to be on a target bc now i know for a full 30 seconds my target is free to just run away without caring bout my root..

Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Necro'd this just to say thanks to Squirrel.

I had a hell of a time trying to figure out how to do this with Power Auras. Then I got TellMeWhen and it was a breeze.
Edited by Johnii on 11/11/2011 7:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
lol i have a suggestion without an addon, its a macro

/stopwatch 30
/stopwatch play

you hit it everytime you use your improved hamstring!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Do like me and spam hamstring when you hope its up. Cry when it doesnt proc.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
I spam hamstring like I have ocd... Only melee class in the game that has such weak snares.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
11/11/2011 09:36 PMPosted by Yôda
Do like me and spam hamstring when you hope its up. Cry when it doesnt proc.

I lol'd.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
eh, for whatever reason I am having difficulty getting this to work. I have all the settings exactly as you described yet there are no positive results. -.-
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
same problems for me as well, got everything set up correctly and still not having luck with tellmewhen
Reply Quote
same here shows up as a hamstring tooltip but has no timer
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Tyvm, earlier comment was some trouble but I looked and got it working your the best dude!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]