The Black Dragon Prince

34 Orc Warrior

Yeah I'm not agreeing on the bad guy make the best good guys.

I think he'll be more like a Garrosh type character. Where he comes off as a jerk and most don't like the way he does things, but he still does it for the good of everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

Like I said, Blizzard likes the Black dragonflight as villains. That's what they've stated, that's why they've got this new "prince," to continue the black dragonflight. He may never be a Deathwing, but he's going to be up to no good, just like the black dragons in the shrine in Dragonblight.

Ehh... while I don't doubt the black dragonflight will "be up to know good" I still think he'll be more neutral. He probably won't really care what his flight is doing because most likely he'll believe they're entitled to what they want because they are superior. I do think there will be more evil black dragons in the future, I just don't think the Aspect will be one of them. If one of them gets out of line I think he'll (not willingly) help the others take them out.

At least that's how I hope they play out that story. I really don't want to see another Aspect go evil... Not another black dragon Aspect at least. This guy will probably learn from Deathwing's mistakes and not let himself be controlled. Deathwing got screwed over by the Old Gods. The Prince will most likely be a more intelligent dragon and not let himself get turned.

Yeah, I hear you there about him and his attitude towards being controlled, which is why I think he's going to tell the Red Dragonflight to go to Hell with their vision of what he should be doing. If he's going to be the next Aspect of Earth and leader of the Black Dragonflight, he's going to be doing it on his own terms.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/22/2011 08:40 PMPosted by Slowbro
I think he'll be more like a Garrosh type character. Where he comes off as a jerk and most don't like the way he does things, but he still does it for the good of everyone.

I'm still much rather him to be the type who only really cares aobut himself and his flight, and only behaves because he knows he's too weak to openly oppose the rest of the dragonflights/major factions, and keeps his. Still evil, but not suicidally so.
Reply Quote
34 Orc Warrior

I'm still much rather him to be the type who only really cares aobut himself and his flight, and only behaves because he knows he's too weak to openly oppose the rest of the dragonflights/major factions, and keeps his. Still evil, but not suicidally so.

Something like that. I want this new group of Aspects that we're getting to not go crazy anytime soon, as we just, you know, got them. Finally we'll get a cool black dragon leader who isn't insane.
Reply Quote
34 Orc Warrior

Yeah, I hear you there about him and his attitude towards being controlled, which is why I think he's going to tell the Red Dragonflight to go to Hell with their vision of what he should be doing. If he's going to be the next Aspect of Earth and leader of the Black Dragonflight, he's going to be doing it on his own terms.

Probably. The black dragonflight will most likely distance themselves from all the other dragons, but the Prince will still do his Aspect duties when he needs to.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Sabellian for Prince! *Stamps large banner into the ground*
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Anyone else got any good ideas for snarky race introductions between the Rogue players and him? I got two new good ones.

Gnomes - "A Gnome? Well, I suppose if we find ourselves on the run from some rampaging Core Hound or what have you, I could always toss you at it and make my escape. Gnomes make the best chew toys, or so I hear."

Night Elves - "A Night Elf? Hmph. Dance naked on any mailboxes lately?"
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
09/22/2011 08:29 PMPosted by Atejin
Like I said, Blizzard likes the Black dragonflight as villains. That's what they've stated, that's why they've got this new "prince," to continue the black dragonflight. He may never be a Deathwing, but he's going to be up to no good, just like the black dragons in the shrine in Dragonblight.

If they keep the Black Dragonflight as villains, there won't be a new Black Aspect anytime soon. The other flights aren't going to let a new evil Earthwarder rise to power just so they could kill him later. Though if the Embrace of Azeroths moons is truly required for a new Aspect to be made, then it would work out fine. The current remains of the Black flight can stay as villains until they've all been dealt with & the other uncorrupted eggs will have a chance to hatch and begin to rebuild their flight in time for the next Embrace.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Here's another good one.

Blood Elf - "A Blood Elf? So which is it? Male or female, because even up close it's hard to tell with you lot without outright asking."
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Can't be Sabellian, as he is still in Outland... If black dragon leadership was a hereditary based title, then Sabellian would be the next king as his brother and sister are already dead.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
Well, first of all, his story begins in [BUY BOOK 20-A9 TO CONTINUE].
His adolescence was spent in [BUY BOOK MF-3J FOR MORE INFORMATION], where he learned to [COMIC FE-8L EXPLAINS THIS].
Sadly, he will meet his end because [TO SEE HOW THIS STORY ENDS AND COLLECT A FREE DISCOUNT ON BLIZZARD STORE, BUY BOOK GH-9B]
Edited by Hemogoblin on 9/22/2011 9:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Well, first of all, his story begins in [BUY BOOK 20-A9 TO CONTINUE].
His adolescence was spent in [BUY BOOK MF-3J FOR MORE INFORMATION], where he learned to [COMIC FE-8L EXPLAINS THIS].
Sadly, he will meet his end because [TO SEE HOW THIS STORY ENDS AND COLLECT A FREE DISCOUNT ON BLIZZARD STORE, BUY BOOK GH-9B]

As much as I don't want to see that happening, I can somehow imagine it...

And as for Sabellian being the Prince, the only way that is possible is if Time Travel were somehow involved, thus explaining his presence in Blade's Edge. And there is plausibility in him being the Prince because out of all the Black Dragons we've interacted with, he seemed the least hostile of them all.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/22/2011 07:36 PMPosted by Yinian
The Black Dragon Prince does not yet have a name, though there are some who think he MAY be Sabellian (and if that's the case there's probably some crazy time travel hijinx going on to explain his grown up presence in Blade's Edge).
Can't he take just about any form he wants? And even if he's young in dragon years, he's still old in mortal years, so maybe that's why he chose to appear as an older adult human. Not necessarily due to time travel.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
09/23/2011 07:06 AMPosted by Nightfury
The Black Dragon Prince does not yet have a name, though there are some who think he MAY be Sabellian (and if that's the case there's probably some crazy time travel hijinx going on to explain his grown up presence in Blade's Edge).
Can't he take just about any form he wants? And even if he's young in dragon years, he's still old in mortal years, so maybe that's why he chose to appear as an older adult human. Not necessarily due to time travel.

The Prince only JUST recently hatched so at BEST, he's around one year old. Unless time travel or some sort of accelerated growth via magic or, perhaps, the Titan Device that removed his corruption while he was still an egg had a side effect to his growth, he's still just one year old in both mortal and dragon years.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
09/22/2011 07:19 PMPosted by Ericcrow
He's going to be a tortured soul that remembers his dad before the corruption full took hold. He's going to be loyal and dutiful and look at his father's death as a necessity instead of tragedy.

You've apparently not read the interview.

He's going to be pure villain from the word go, even though he's supposed to be an uncorrupted black dragon and his father was a noble spirit before his mind was warped by N'Zoth.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Not really intrested because I won't get to see it. I did the quests in badlands hoping for a general continuation where anyone could go see the plotline unfold after you rescued the egg from deathwing.

Only for the questline to be restricted to 1 class. Kinda kills it as a source of lore IMO. Same with the aspect of magic accension in the taregosa questline. Those events should not have been just for a specific questline as they are rather KEY parts of lore.

The shadowmorne questline was handled better... because it was a parallel to lore but not a key part of it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]