WoW With Lightsabers

99 Human Rogue
Blizzard, I would be forever indebted if this is something you can pull off.

As we all know, Star Wars: The Old Republic is coming out soon. Many are calling it "WoW with lightsabers."

So, in a friendly and competitive spirit - why not give everyone just that - WoW with lightsabers!

Of course you couldn't use the term "lightsaber" but playing off of the tech-minded Gnomes and Goblins, I could see the "Gnomish Death Stick" and "Goblin Energy Fuse" or something.

Heck, you already have the art more or less done with Teebu's Blazing Longsword! http://www.wowhead.com/item=1728/teebus-blazing-longsword

Blue for Alliance, Red for Horde.

Everyone gets one in their mailbox on the day TOR releases.

Make it happen!

85 Troll Death Knight
Yes, be even more original WoW and start stealing from games that are just being released.

What is this Facebook now?
24 Gnome Warrior
Very Light Sabre

They already have them.
85 Troll Priest
I found this rather amusing and found myself wanting one...
99 Human Rogue
09/23/2011 08:38 AMPosted by Argonisia
Yes, be even more original WoW and start stealing from games that are just being released.

The idea is a bit of a smack in the face to TOR. Stealing a little thunder, if you will. I mean the 4.3 patch will already do that. This would just be some icing on the cake :)
Blade of Wizardry = lightsaber

may the farce be with you.
79 Worgen Druid
Already in game my good sir.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=59039/very-light-sabre#. Very Light Sabre
Edited by Kandore on 9/23/2011 9:06 AM PDT
100 Human Paladin
Teebu's Blazing Longsword Argent Avenger Blade of Wizardry Spellfire Longsword Very Light Sabre
Edited by Paladinchaz on 9/23/2011 8:43 AM PDT
99 Human Rogue
Everyone is missing the point.

The point really isn't the item, but rather the timing of rolling these out, complete with Blizzard's awesome tongue-in-cheek humor! I think BioWare would get a kick out of it. And cry a little.
Edited by Machineman on 9/23/2011 8:43 AM PDT
85 Human Death Knight
Too many lightsabers in game already. Plus I'd rather play the proper game for swinging lightsabers.

I've already pre-ordered it and I'm eagerly waiting for its release.

Downside with SWToR.. no gnomes or other little people races to play. QQ
100 Human Paladin
Everyone is missing the point.

The point really isn't the item, but rather the timing of rolling these out, complete with Blizzard's awesome tongue-in-cheek humor! I think BioWare would get a kick out of it. And cry a little

We're not 'missing the point', we just think its not a good idea.
85 Gnome Death Knight
Lol.

As much as I like the idea. I doubt Blizzard is going to offer a weapon that celebrates the release of another company's game.

My spouse spent days farming Slave Pens for the Spellfire Longsword. Rest assured, we are going to see lots of Jedi Knights and Sith Lords after the transmogrification feature is released.
85 Gnome Death Knight
Too many lightsabers in game already. Plus I'd rather play the proper game for swinging lightsabers.

What? No jawas? No ewoks? Booo!
79 Worgen Druid
How you do find the item number to link the object?
100 Human Paladin
09/23/2011 08:49 AMPosted by Kandore
How you do find the item number to link the object?

Its the last set of numbers in the html line for the page address if you're using armory or wowhead.
85 Tauren Paladin
Paladins are pretty much already jedi, if I actually had a lightsaber, I'd be a lawsuit just waiting to happen.

If Kushiban were playable, I would have been on the waiting for SWToR ship.

But no.

That's it, i'm cancelling my preorder.

This slap in the face can not stand!

I was kind of hoping for gungen, so I could get the same kind of respect in tor as I get in wow. No such luck, though. Or playable yoda race (it's never been named anywhere, I don't think). I doubt lucas would allow yoda's race to even be named in swtor, though. Bioware probably wouldn't be allowed to even if they wanted to; a shame.
Edited by Mescyn on 9/23/2011 8:55 AM PDT

We're not 'missing the point', we just think its not a good idea.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]