[H] Good server for a tank to transfer to?

58 Goblin Death Knight
Hello;

I'm considering a server transfer for my horde toons.

At 85 I've got a tank of each class, and a healer of each class - all in the 9100 to 9400 'gearscore' range. I've been a tank player since Classic. Longer if you count games before WoW. Used to raid back in BC / mid-Wrath, but my guild's been inactive for some time now and PUGs few and far between. I've only done a smattering of Cata-raid content.

Wondering if this is a good server to join as far as;

• Community - fairly friendly place? While it seems just about every server thinks it has a bad community, I've seen that there really are some that are not that bad, and some which can honestly make the claim.

• PUG raiding - is it fairly easy to form or join PUG raids here? Particularly in the low to mid range of progression?

• Guild raiding - I'm looking for a mid-range progression guild that needs/wants more tanks.

Desire a guild that is low or lacking in profanity / ERP.

I'm looking to join in an off or alt-tank position, work my way into earning a better slot over time -if- needed. My availability would be any 2 of Monday, Wednesday, or Friday - after 6pm PST. And then around at other times to help with whatever.

I'd likely make a lowbie alt here first, talk with prospective guilds, and see if personalities match for a week or two (if you like me and I like you) before bringing in a 'real toon'.
Edited by Bloodbanshee on 9/24/2011 4:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
As far as pug raids go I have not seen any what so ever. Tried to pug a BH earlier this week and the results were disastrous.
So far this server seems pretty nice in terms of people But I have only been here two weeks so who knows maybe its still the "be nice to the new guy stage"
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
why would you transfer to a low pop server? If it's officially been changed to medium I would be surprised. Hyjal, Thrall, Nagrand are much better choices. Medivh took a dump and even Zul'jin is not exactly a load of fun anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
The community is okay. A lot of people are jerks, but in a way that almost comes across as endearing. Almost.

PuG raiding - I've never had too much trouble pugging Tier 11 raids, although I've always had a fair amount of guild members as a base all of those times. However, don't expect to be able to get into a raid whenever you feel like it. They only pop up every so often.

Guilds - I'm afraid I can't really answer that. I'm not sure what major guilds on the server need tanks. Sorry!
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Priest
Honestly; It's not worth it.

While the people are friendly the content just isn't here.
I spend a lot of my time in areas where I can watch Trade and I almost never see PuG's for anything. I think once I caught a glimpse of a LFM: BoT but that's it.

Scryers is also the bottom of the bottom for pretty much everything.
http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

Trying to avoid ERP is easy enough. There's barely any RP left aside from a couple of guilds Horde Side. I transferred my main (Alliance) because there was absolutely none.
Edited by Anton on 9/26/2011 1:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]