Shandris is Dying

85 Troll Druid
12/14/2011 10:10 PMPosted by Mavericace
The only thing that needs to die around here is this topic.

With how little your realm forums move it'll take a few months to even get off the first page. Just the truth of the matter.

And yes, we were told in BC Shandris was dead and months behind. Oh, I was one of those...yeah I'm not perfect, but time changes even the worst of us.
Edited by Aleanathem on 12/22/2011 10:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll try to keep this short and simple, unlike a certain Priest :P

I know this applies to all servers, and EVEN REAL LIFE!, which I know some of you know nothing about :3, but Ego seems to be something that alot of people get benhind a keyboard, its like they use it as an outlet, to take out there... issues upon the world. Why can't we be ourselves? I know its asking alot, but be yourself, and give peace a chance! :)

Forgot about something else.. or maybe two:

1.) Lonngggg Drrraawwn out explantions, just to justify your actions is wasting your time, your reacting to the " Trolololol", and its what they want, so don't feed them :)

2.) This will seem slightly Bi-Polar of me but: making some little low level alt or whatever of that nature, is purely chicken!@#$, I know that makes me sound sooooooooooooo country/redneck/hick/(insert stereotype HURRRR), but really it is, if your feeling froggy, then jumpingly identify yourself. :D
Edited by Judé on 12/27/2011 3:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Clearly... Ive missed out on nothing. Shandris was dying even when I was still on that server haha. It is quite strange to see the top guilds havent left yet to greener pastures. I mean with the advent of guild transfers and all.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I think many of us are enjoying the success of the new raid finder feature as well. I dont get the whole mindset that if the realm does not have tons of highly progressed guilds that it must be dead.

The realm is not close to dead the player-base is just made up of more casual players IMO.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight

Why? Shandris isn't dead, there are herbs and fish in the AH, people to run dungeons with and plenty of PVPers if you're into arena or BGs. Since you can recruit off-realm, there's not a significant reason to move a guild, and doing so is usually a complete disaster.

I know of very few guilds that survive a realm transfer, and the ones that do tend to be the best guild on their new realm (Epitome moving to a realm where no one is doing heroics, for example). Mid-progression and social guilds that realm transfer tend to fall apart.

Ya but if progression has stopped completely, with very little light on the horizon of it picking up, the best thing a guild can do is pack up and leave. If it survives than it was meant to be. But most of the time, it is a good thing. You get to keep your name and your legacy as a guild and while on a new server recruit more actively. No one wants to join a level 1 guild.

And Im glad it hasnt become a wasteland yet at least =D
Reply Quote
87 Human Warlock
I think many of us are enjoying the success of the new raid finder feature as well. I dont get the whole mindset that if the realm does not have tons of highly progressed guilds that it must be dead.

The realm is not close to dead the player-base is just made up of more casual players IMO.

IMO the LFR is kinda a joke, people who go into that raid think wow I can raid....Wrong. It can show the bosses and get you some nice loot but it doesn't mean you can raid.

Look I been in some really good raiding guilds here on Shandris (been very lucky), but they always seem to fall apart at some point. Been on both sides also, each has it's benfits. I seem to keep coming back to ally for some odd reason. Shandris will never die and the raiding here will never been top tier either, but I think most of us know that and understand that. People who want more move on, and it some cases it sad to see the good players move on, but it best for them in long run.

So please someone delete this thead...LOL

Ama
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I was not saying that the raid finder was hardcore. We all know it is easy as pie but that doesn't mean that it can not be enjoyable and fulfill the goal of letting casual players see the content.

I don't doubt that in a way it has made some of the borderline casual players feel like that they don't have to go out and be part of a quality raid group and fight with the drama and time restraints since they can see the content without it.

I know personally it is enjoyable to be a part of a group and down somewhat difficult content but I just am not dedicated enough to put the time and work in when I can still have fun doing plenty of other things with the game. A 30min Bg or Heroic with a couple of guildies is more than enough for me.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I agree that the content has been lacking as of late but that doesn't mean that many people don't have something to do. Maybe I am just a gluten for punishment but until all the little bars on my achievement list are filled up I am going to have something to do on the game.

I am sure when D3 comes out I will have another game to occupy me but I feel like I have saved a ton of money paying 15 bucks a month over buying 1-2 new games every month.

Regardless on the reasoning behind the raid-finder coming out it is nice for people like myself to at least "pretend" we killed the bosses of the expansion instead of never even getting a chance to see what the fight looked like.

We all know WoW will not last forever and that the player-base will shrink but the game isn't dead by any means and even if realm consolidation was in order there will still be active player-base for a few years yet. I know a lot of people that use the game for not much more than a glorified social networking site to hang out with some friends while playing a game so it is not like Blizz has to do a ton to keep the game going for a while yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]