12-20-2011

1 Human Mage
Be there.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Be where? What's happening? I need to know. /cry
Reply Quote
The release window they're launching in is generally reserved for games that developers think are not going to satisfy the expectations of their consumers. I've been genuinely interested in TOR for both personal and business-related reasons since they announced it. I must say though that everything Bioware has done since then has slowly, but surely, lowered my expectations of it. Most of the talk in the industry about TOR seems to centre on the gameplay being nowhere close to being ready for launch. Can Bioware fix this by the time they launch? Sure, theoretically they could make the combat at least functional. However, as Dead Island suggests, when you tease a game with some fantastic looking cinematic trailers without showing off any actual gameplay for an absurd amount of time after that, you're basically telegraphing to everyone that your game probably isn't as exciting, polished, or even functional as consumers will be happy with. I hope TOR proves me wrong, but I fear it will become just another RIFT/AoC/WAR/every other MMO released since WoW became the juggernaut of the industry.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
09/24/2011 05:40 PMPosted by Implosion
The release window they're launching in is generally reserved for games that developers think are not going to satisfy the expectations of their consumers. I've been genuinely interested in TOR for both personal and business-related reasons since they announced it. I must say though that everything Bioware has done since then has slowly, but surely, lowered my expectations of it. Most of the talk in the industry about TOR seems to centre on the gameplay being nowhere close to being ready for launch. Can Bioware fix this by the time they launch? Sure, theoretically they could make the combat at least functional. However, as Dead Island suggests, when you tease a game with some fantastic looking cinematic trailers without showing off any actual gameplay for an absurd amount of time after that, you're basically telegraphing to everyone that your game probably isn't as exciting, polished, or even functional as consumers will be happy with. I hope TOR proves me wrong, but I fear it will become just another RIFT/AoC/WAR/every other MMO released since WoW became the juggernaut of the industry.

Are you Balian?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
09/24/2011 08:54 PMPosted by Nakor

Are you Balian?

Can't be. Balian doesn't have a broken caps lock like in a certain thread.
Reply Quote
09/25/2011 10:12 AMPosted by Dalsune

Are you Balian?

HOW ELSE AM I TO EXPRESS EXCITEMENT?!
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage

WHAT ABOUT RAGE? HOW CAN I CONVEY TO YOU HOW ANGRY I AM WITHOUT CAPS LOCK?!?!
Reply Quote

You have to flip the table (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest

You have to flip the table ------->> (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ <<------------

Nice.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Just find me a SWTOR Beta tester who has played WoW so I can quiz him.
Edited by Curufingon on 9/26/2011 1:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
There's plenty of actual gameplay footage on youtube for each class and hours of pvp footage for most classes. Looks good to me. I'll be there on Dec. 20th. The NDA for beta testers is a little questionable at this point but Bioware says its a story driven game and don't want it ruined. Good enough for me.
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage

I wish that !@#$ would have never been started lol. All you see in livestreams is people "flipping tables". It was funny the first few times, but now it's quite annoying.
Reply Quote

I wish that !@#$ would have never been started lol. All you see in livestreams is people "flipping tables". It was funny the first few times, but now it's quite annoying.

Sorry. ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
swtor looks like a big bag of poop.
Here comes another aion/rift.

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH RIGHT NOW!!
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage

Sorry. ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

I lol'd. Hard.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Will I also find you in the bootleg guild?
Reply Quote
Inb4 everyone comes back to WoW anyways.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
10/02/2011 10:53 AMPosted by Cithalin
Inb4 everyone comes back to WoW anyways.

I agree. If Bioware doesn't make the endgame kickass (or existent for that matter), then it will fall like the rest of them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]