Static Cling laziness...

24 Undead Priest
Should I as the healer have to "cleanse" Static Cling off the entire party every single time it's cast because the party refuses to jump it? Was it just a bad group? Am I bad for not having enough time to "cleanse" everyone before the cast goes off?

Had a group on my Druid that refused to jump it and would just scream at me to remove it the whole time and blamed me when they died one by one because I removed it from myself and the tank first and got to DPS after that. Should I just suck it up and try and remove it from everyone or just leave/insist on not being lazy/get booted because I wont play along if it happens again?

My personal feeling is you should at least attempt to avoid it and I'll go around removing it from you as needed.

(This is as a fresh 85 by the way... I could imagine at higher gear levels brute forcing it might be possible, but having a hard time seeing where you'd get the 3, 4 or 5 global cooldowns to cast all the cleanses)
Edited by Kristoff on 9/24/2011 2:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
I do the same thing. I get the tank and myself then prioritize DPS by output =)

If they're too lazy to jump then they get cleansed when I get around to it. Yeah, I can do it now, but I gree, as a fresh 85 dispells are expensive time and mana wise.

You're fine love =)

Cheers,
Zen

sorry... double posted
Edited by Zentira on 9/24/2011 2:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Shaman
He usually does two static clings between each grounding field, and you don't have to dispel the first one - You'll always have enough time to do all 5 dispels by the second one. Its usually dispelling two sets in a row that actually puts on a GCD or mana strain.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
09/24/2011 02:15 PMPosted by Kristoff
3, 4 or 5 global cooldowns to cast all the cleanses

Tbh you were all in the wrong if you had to cleanse that many people. EVERYONE should be attempting the jump the cling. It's a bit ironic that you're talking about being too lazy to cleanse it or not being able to spare the gcds/mana but you mention having to cleanse it off yourself. On a Resto Druid, you have so many instants that hopping once in a while is not a big issue. Most Resto Druids hop around even when they don't have to.

There's time to cleanse people but at least you should have been jumping to dodge it. If you're not dodging the cling, you're just a hypocrite for yelling at a dps for not doing so. It sounds like you were too slow to cleanse, too.
Especially if the dps were dying "one by one".
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I always attempt to jump it. I also tell my healer not to cleanse the debuff off me because I can just blink out of it if I do get it.
Every time I tell them that, they thank me.

On my shaman, I have a macro, "If you do not jump to avoid the static cling, you may die. My priority is, Dispelling the tank(when applicable) > Dispelling myself(when applicable) > Dispelling DPS who jumped and were off on their timing > Getting to the safe zone > keeping everyone topped off who I just dispelled > Dispelling DPS who didn't jump"

I actually got the achievement my first attempt on my shaman and second on my mage.(My first mage attempt was the first time I had ever seen the boss.)
Reply Quote
24 Undead Priest
09/24/2011 02:32 PMPosted by Istara
He usually does two static clings between each grounding field, and you don't have to dispel the first one - You'll always have enough time to do all 5 dispels by the second one. Its usually dispelling two sets in a row that actually puts on a GCD or mana strain.

I totally didn't realize that. Thank you for the heads up!

09/24/2011 03:02 PMPosted by Intrigue
3, 4 or 5 global cooldowns to cast all the cleanses

Tbh you were all in the wrong if you had to cleanse that many people. EVERYONE should be attempting the jump the cling. It's a bit ironic that you're talking about being too lazy to cleanse it or not being able to spare the gcds/mana but you mention having to cleanse it off yourself. On a Resto Druid, you have so many instants that hopping once in a while is not a big issue. Most Resto Druids hop around even when they don't have to.

There's time to cleanse people but at least you should have been jumping to dodge it. If you're not dodging the cling, you're just a hypocrite for yelling at a dps for not doing so. It sounds like you were too slow to cleanse, too.
Especially if the dps were dying "one by one".

I never said I was perfect, I am working on the timing for static cling myself, having only done the place a few times it's not like I'm a master at it yet. I also never yelled at DPS about it, I left after they yelled at me about it after they just stood there and didn't even attempt to jump it multiple attempts. I just wanted to clarify if it was me or them or both. I know I need to improve and I'm doing my best to get these encounters down as I learn them.

Thanks everyone for the information/responses. Much appreciated!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If you ever, EVER get hit with static cling yourself, you should dispel it from everyone.

That includes the very first time, before the dungeon journal, when you had no idea what it did.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Why are so many healers willing to risk wipes on a last boss just to save some GCDs?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
If this is one of the hardest choices you have to make while healing I think you have things alright.

You're the healers. You have the power to correct some mistakes, this being one of those times. Not attempting to correct mistakes made by others when you easily could makes you as bad as them. Teamwork is what the games designed around. Relax a little and just do it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I find it ironic that you mention "laziness" but refusing to cleanse/dispell is just as lazy as not jumping. Honestly, unless it's going to be tight getting to the triangle I dispell myself last, because I don't need to move around most of the time. I prioritize, tank, melee, myself, caster dps.

Personally IMHO GCDs don't really matter on that fight. If people take on so much damage that you can't cleanse and heal it's not your fault, even at the lower gear levels.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Anyone who runs away from the group for no reason after I've told them to stack for Mass Dispel chooses not to jump at their own risk. Destro locks and shadow priests in particular will receive very, very little pity; if they (a) run away, (b) don't jump, and (c) don't dispel themselves, they're most likely going to be standing there stuck until I get to the triangle and dispel/lifegrip them.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You should cleanse. Some people don't have the latency to make the jump 100% of the time. If it's truly putting pressure on your mana then prioritise but honestly there should not be that much damage going out in that fight to put such pressure on your mana. As for being GCD starved that's quite frankly ridiculous. Don't be that lazy healer that tanks and dps complain about.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Given that the boss isn't hard for healers, at all, I cleanse anyone who's been hit by it. I've even lifegripped someone who was too slow. Now, those who don't make an effort to get into the safety zone... ahh, the stories I could tell
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
09/24/2011 07:52 PMPosted by Yiraa
Given that the boss isn't hard for healers, at all, I cleanse anyone who's been hit by it. I've even lifegripped someone who was too slow. Now, those who don't make an effort to get into the safety zone... ahh, the stories I could tell

To be fair there can be a decent amount of damage going out from the chain lightnings and the sky orbs circling. The longer the fight goes on the worse it gets, especially for a new healer. It's actually one of the few fights that has gotten harder since cata came around. The original incarnation was quite easy. Now with low dps and people who can't jump it becomes a slow, annoying mana drain.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
To be fair there can be a decent amount of damage going out from the chain lightnings and the sky orbs circling. The longer the fight goes on the worse it gets, especially for a new healer. It's actually one of the few fights that has gotten harder since cata came around. The original incarnation was quite easy. Now with low dps and people who can't jump it becomes a slow, annoying mana drain.

I can see your point, but if you don't dispell melee at least you're going to have even less damage being done to the boss making the fight even harder. You're going to have even less damage done to the boss if you let someone die. Rage if you wipe because of going oom dispelling non-jumpers, otherwise just dispell and finish the dungeon and move on.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
09/24/2011 08:19 PMPosted by Justheoa

I can see your point, but if you don't dispell melee at least you're going to have even less damage being done to the boss making the fight even harder. You're going to have even less damage done to the boss if you let someone die. Rage if you wipe because of going oom dispelling non-jumpers, otherwise just dispell and finish the dungeon and move on.

Oh of course I totally agree, I always dispel. Once you lose people the fight goes down hill quickly. My point was just that it isn't actually that easy for healers. Dispels take quite a lot of mana, add to that the chain lightning and orb damage and once the fight gets going it's very hard to remain even close to mana neutral.
Reply Quote
91 Human Warlock
09/24/2011 06:33 PMPosted by Kaels
Destro locks and shadow priests in particular will receive very, very little pity; if they (a) run away, (b) don't jump, and (c) don't dispel themselves, they're most likely going to be standing there stuck until I get to the triangle and dispel/lifegrip them.

I'm very curious. What spell a destro lock can use to dispel Static Cling? I know that lock teleport doesn't work here: you take the static cling with you to the port spot.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Destro locks and shadow priests in particular will receive very, very little pity; if they (a) run away, (b) don't jump, and (c) don't dispel themselves, they're most likely going to be standing there stuck until I get to the triangle and dispel/lifegrip them.

I'm very curious. What spell a destro lock can use to dispel Static Cling? I know that lock teleport doesn't work here: you take the static cling with you to the port spot.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=89808

Since I don't have a Destruction warlock, I don't know if you need a stopcasting macro for your imp to use it, though. He usually just machine guns like an idiot which would probably get in the way of his ability to cast it.
Edited by Sophiakip on 9/25/2011 12:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]