WoW's hidden secrets and easter eggs

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
So I was questing on an alt in Whisper Gulch and was reminded of all the cool hidden little secrets WoW has. The one I stumbled across, which I already knew about but had forgotten was the fact that an Old God whispers you. "There is no escape. Not in this life. Or the next." was just one of the things whispered. It's so cool considering how the old gods originated x3

It also reminded me of that awesome cellar beneath Karazhan that was...is probably still there, but now completely in accessible (WHY BLIZZ WHY!? It was so cool! Dx). My favorite room in the cellar was occupied by water, a bone pile and bloody dangling chains haha.

Anyone know of any other neat secrets?
90 Night Elf Druid
I'd appreciate it if you kept your posts serious. I know its hard to do :|

Upside down sinners room...yes that's what it was lol I loved that. It was so darn creepy. I think I remember the placard. And there is another shrine atop a hill in the barrens. I think there's a shrine of some sort on a rock in netherstorm too but I forget if that was made for a dev or not :|
90 Night Elf Druid
Six-Demon bag? I had that at one point >.> I didn't know it was an easter egg of a sort lol
4 Draenei Shaman
09/24/2011 09:59 PMPosted by Oom
So I was questing on an alt in Whisper Gulch and was reminded of all the cool hidden little secrets WoW has. The one I stumbled across, which I already knew about but had forgotten was the fact that an Old God whispers you. "There is no escape. Not in this life. Or the next." was just one of the things whispered. It's so cool considering how the old gods originated x3

Guildies and I were running Old Kingdom and our guild tank was having some net trouble so me and the other DPS got off for a bit to do something while we waited for him. The split second the last of us signed out (the healer idled in the dungeon since she wasn't doing anything and to hold the party together while we signed out) she got an Old God whisper of "You will be left alone in the end."

I'd NEVER heard whispers in there before and it was kind of creepy and cool at the same time.

She didn't much approve though lol.
90 Night Elf Druid
I love the old god whispers xD so freaking creepy and awesome hahaha thanks for sharing. I'll keep an ear out for that now when my alt runs it!
39 Goblin Shaman
as a fan of roosterteeth, it was cool to see the grif npc in bloodgulch.
90 Human Paladin
In black rock depths in the area where all of the drunken dwarfs are there is a drum set with l70etc on it.
Edited by Xandelayner on 9/24/2011 10:44 PM PDT
85 Goblin Priest
I was just recently in Mulgore and there's a great little secret plateau there between Mulgore and the Stonetalon Mountains with a painted rock and best of all total critter warfare. All the critters there are engaged in non-stop battle with each other. Rabbits with axes, mice with guns and prairie dogs with battle helmets. Quite fun to watch!
85 Troll Death Knight
if you /kiss a succubus pet it'll make hearts appear over both your heads and she'll temporarily follow you. Seems to have a 1m CD or so though
Edited by Hemogoblin on 9/24/2011 10:51 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/24/2011 10:43 PMPosted by Xandelayner
In black rock depths in the area where all of the drunken dwarfs are there is a drum set with l70etc on it.

You can actually watch the band play.
60 Tauren Paladin
The western hills of Tristfal Glades and all its mystery.
Damn you fairy.. dragon.. things.. stop singing in that circle.. you can have my soul when I'm dead!
90 Night Elf Priest
The sheep farm, just outside of stormwind hidden behind a tree!
It has an exploding sheep O_O
90 Night Elf Druid
Oh I know about that secret plateau NW of mulgore!! xD I saw it and was like wtf crack you smokin' blizz? xD

I haven't heard about the fairy dragon things in western tirisfal :o I'll have to check that out!

Sheep...sheep lol there is this gnome on a cliff next to sw with all these sheep. If you kill them. He comes out and curses at you x3

I didn't know about the succubus thing either. I knew about that with Mojo...but a succubus? *has to try now*
90 Gnome Warlock
The western hills of Tristfal Glades and all its mystery.
Damn you fairy.. dragon.. things.. stop singing in that circle.. you can have my soul when I'm dead!

Possible Spoilers *Tinfoil hat*

http://www.wowhead.com/object=175733
Forging inland, the high elves founded a settlement within the tranquil Tirisfal Glades. After a few years, many of them began to go mad. It was theorized that something evil slept beneath that particular part of the world, but the rumors were never proven to be true.

----------------------------------------------
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=544
This is a quest that asks you to retrieve what might be Old God blood so that the Forsaken can learn to harness the power of an Old God. It no longer is obtainable because it became outdated in Cataclysm.
I came to Tarren Mill to research, but now must resolve a crisis. You see, four Forsaken fled the Undercity a few months ago. They turned their backs on their brethren, but what's worse...they stole from the Dark Lady.

These thieves broke into a secure vault and stole four artifacts, items our apothecaries required in certain studies. Sylvanas would have these artifacts returned.

The thieves fled the Undercity to Dalaran, and those wizards quarantined them in the Lordamere Internment Camp.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=3711
Belamoore's Research Journal
This is the item that says those four stolen artifacts that belonged to the Forsaken are possibly fragments of Old God Blood. Kegan is one of the four thieves the Horde has to kill for the bloodstone artifact.
I do so to give credence to what I am about to write, for these words came from Kegan's lips and it is my hope that my colleagues will, upon reading this journal, know why I believe what he said:

"Remnants of the Old Gods still linger in the deep hollows of the world. New forces seek to harness that ancient power, and those who succeed will have a terrible weapon against their enemies."

That is what Kegan uttered as he handed his bloodstone pendant to me, and there was fear, and maybe reverence, in his eyes as he did so. And as his hands met with mine they lingered, as if reluctant to give up the pendant. Revulsion swept through me, yet to this day I know not if I reviled against his dead flesh pressed to mine, or if the pendant itself made my skin crawl.

For I felt a power within it. A deep, hidden, hungry power. And one yearning for release.
Or, is bloodstone made of blood? And if so, then whose blood? Mine? The blood of any human? Any animal?

Or maybe bloodstone is the blood of some unknown thing, the very thing that Kegan had both feared and revered when he handed me his pendant.

------------------------------------------
Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron
This item consists of whispers from what appears to be Yogg-Saron.
Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
There is a little lamb lost in dark woods.
Look around. They will all betray you. Flee screaming into the black forest.

The black goat is actually a deity from a book which the Old Gods in WoW are based off of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shub-Niggurath

In other words, I think I know what those drunken (Yes, they are probably drunk as their name suggests) faerie dragons are doing. They are probably servants or guardians of something very evil under the Whispering Forest. They might even be resurrecting an Old God for all we know.
Edited by Quench on 9/24/2011 11:32 PM PDT
60 Tauren Paladin
Bah, its no fun if you just give them all the info like that. =[
Edited by Blëssëdbëëf on 9/24/2011 11:21 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
09/24/2011 11:21 PMPosted by Blëssëdbëëf
Bah, its no fun if you just give them all the info like that. =[
Awe, I'ma sorry. I put up a spoiler warning so others can possibly dodge that huge giant post.
Edited by Quench on 9/24/2011 11:27 PM PDT
85 Troll Hunter
if you go outside of Hammerfall following the road out of town in Arathi Highlands and look at the mountain side just right you see the letters LOL

Also there is a shrine to a fellow dev who passed away at the bottom part of Hillsbrad Foothills with a dwarf paying his respects to it.
Edited by Felzbek on 9/24/2011 11:28 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]