How To Win Friends And Influence Enemies.

This is a quest in the dk starter zone where you use Keleseth's Persuaders to reveal the Crimson Dawn.
I've been whacking away at scarlet NPCS (not the civilians, the priest, marksman, and commanders) for about half an hour without a quest update. Is this a known issue? Or am I the most unlucky fresh dk in the game?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
It's a complicated quest, because they basically just hand you the two pokers and say "go stab stuff". But you aren't trying to kill people with them, you actually want your target to live as long as possible.
Just use auto-attacks, and whenever the effect procs so that they start talking, quickly stop your auto-attacks and just stand there 'till they start fighting back again.
You want to proc the effect against a single enemy as many times as possible.
Reply Quote
I figured someone would assume that I have never made a dk since the release of WotLK...
I would start auto attack, the moment they got the debuff from the pokers I stopped attacking for about 10 seconds. Each mob would be stunned about 6 times before they died.

I did this for 45 minutes, 20+ mobs killed, before finally I got the quest update. I think this needs to be reworked. Even a 5% chance per stun would yield better results than what I got, and that's just plain stupid to have to wait for 45 minutes to progress my brand new toon.
If I wanted to auto attack something for 45 minutes I'd go back to vanilla and raid as a ret paladin.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
My bad, I thought you wanted help. I won't make that mistake again.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
My bad, I thought you wanted help. I won't make that mistake again.

lol.

My advise is, If wow is to hard for you to figure out, then please stop trying.
Reply Quote
"Hard" isn't the word you're looking for. This quest isn't hard. You auto attack and win. I didn't have a say in the matter whether I was going to get it on the first mob or the 20th. There was nothing I could do to speed up the process, increase the probability of the update occuring, nothing. That is a very poor way to design a quest based on a very low probability (remember zhevra hooves in Barrens? Yeah, it's like that).

Mind you I have leveled many many many dks out of the starter zone, never have I waited for 45 minutes to get this quest completed until now. Was I just unlucky? Apparently. Can Blizzard make this quest less obnoxious? Of course they can.
Edited by Jotunheimr on 9/21/2011 7:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
another thing to do is to take off most of your gear so you hit for less damage.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
this quest does need to be fixed imo. it takes entirely to long for one of those guys to finally spill their guts
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Hunter
on my dk it wont open the jewel box
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Hunter
"Or am I the most unlucky fresh dk in the game?"

I'm not sure how anyone could mistake you for someone that is new after reading that. That just SCREAMS "experienced player on one of his many dk's". Really it does.

I think you're just profoundly held back. Like your parents were related before marriage. That sort of held back.
Reply Quote
I've made many dks' got it once on the second mob, but i've also had a dk who ground through enough mobs to get an entire level before one finnally procced the dialog. Usually it's pretty fast, and you get it within a few mobs of entering the city.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
seriously? learn to check dates people, this thread is from 2011 -_-
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
just open the jewelry box and there will be a sword, equip it and attack a random NPC, (must be a crusader) they will talk, but only auto attack, dont let them die, once they talk, there u go
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
04/27/2013 05:43 PMPosted by Corvins
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
06/04/2014 12:32 AMPosted by Lexxifoxx
04/27/2013 05:43 PMPosted by Corvins

Haha. I didn't even notice until I saw your post :D
Reply Quote
35 Draenei Shaman
Not exactly off topic but, I haved a 2 handed runed sword that I can't unequip so that I can equip the 2 stickers. My first DK and a relatively new kid on the block.....any help ?
Reply Quote
equip just one in the main hand slot. non frost spec dks can not dual wield but can equip single one handed weapons in the main hand only. probably works better for the quest as its very easy to kill the quest targets before they talk
Edited by Kusari on 3/31/2016 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Damn, that necromancy.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Zen
Probably the first time in a long time I've seen a necro-post that wasn't actually just stupid spam.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
03/31/2016 01:48 PMPosted by Sidratha
Probably the first time in a long time I've seen a necro-post that wasn't actually just stupid spam.

When I was leveling a DK Alt with a friend from the Forums she hated me a little one night cause I got the quest to complete on the first dry swing on the first target and she took like a half hour getting her's while I laughed and watched.
Edited by Tor on 3/31/2016 3:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]