Myndflames 25 man GDKP Raids!

85 Night Elf Druid
I have thought about it and talked with a few guilds on Moonrunner and i have decided that i will start doing 25 man GDKP runs for Firelands Normal/Heriocs,!

My runs will start when 4.3 Hits and Firelands isn't progression!

But what is a GDKP run?

In a GDKP raid, all items of value, whether they're BoP gear, Living Embres, BoE drops, quest items, are auctioned off in an open bidding system to all participants. The person willing to pay the most for it will get the item in exchange for gold, and at the end of the night, all the gold that was collected is divided out among the raiders!

How can I trust this guy?

The system sounds simple, but the first question on everyone's mind is one of trust. Once you're in a GDKP run, the first thing you need to ask for is the rules. In writing, in game. The most worrying part of a GDKP run is that one person holds all the money until it's redistributed. You have to trust that person, and if a year of reading the Drama Mamas has taught me anything, it's that there are some people in this game who aren't worth trusting -- and sometimes it's hard to tell who they are.

The solution to this problem is usually pasted along with any description of a GDKP run: there are at least two blue posts where Blizzard said that they would consider running off with all the money a "scam," assuming the rules were clearly stated in game (not in Vent only).

Days i should be targeting to do this

Tuesdays- In the Afternoon sometime before 7:00PM Server time
Saturday- Afternoonr before 7:00 PM Server time

I hope to see you all there lets see if we can get these going on moonrunner!
Edited by Myndflame on 9/24/2011 9:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
*trollface* Where do I sign up
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I will set them up on those days
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Nice. I'll have to bring my priest.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
This sounds like fun, I'd like to join in for this, although I can only be there for the Saturday raids.
Edited by Femke on 9/23/2011 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
You should do firelands since it's been nerfed so hard. Not only will you get more gold but I think people will be more apt to go to current content rather than past tiers.

Edit - You may also want to mention in your post that there is generally a 5-10% fee off the top for your trouble of running the raid and loot distribution. I don't know if you want to do this or not but I've run quite a few gdkp's and it's general practice and I think it's only fair for the giant pita leading a pug is. If you mention this ahead of time people won't cry that they didn't that extra 50g or w/e your small % would be.
Edited by Tubbylumps on 9/23/2011 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
You should do firelands since it's been nerfed so hard. Not only will you get more gold but I think people will be more apt to go to current content rather than past tiers.

Edit - You may also want to mention in your post that there is generally a 5-10% fee off the top for your trouble of running the raid and loot distribution. I don't know if you want to do this or not but I've run quite a few gdkp's and it's general practice and I think it's only fair for the giant pita leading a pug is. If you mention this ahead of time people won't cry that they didn't that extra 50g or w/e your small % would be.

Alot of people like to bring there alts and alts right now i don't want to have to run through firelands when 4.3 hits i will do firelands, also i will not do the 5-10% everyone gets the equal amount as everyone else
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Bump i will be doing these after 4.3 Hits for Firelands!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
I want to come prz
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/26/2011 08:42 PMPosted by Delial
I want to come prz

Of Course!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Id be interested also, however id only be able to come on saturdays.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I would be down to go on my paladin(metric) or possibly my shaman(keirin) once his gears not so horribad. Tuesdays are bad since I work all day and main-raid all night, but saturdays are good.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Sat will prob be the main day with a random day throw in when i can.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
just a headsup everyone, I am leading a GDKP 25 man run on fridays starting at 6 server and finishing up on saturday at the same time.

last week we had a total pot over 180k and killed 5/7 bosses
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Caryn, I'd be down with something like that. Let me know how to get an invite or if you're just spamming in Trade
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
i too am down with things that havent existed for four months
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/18/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Arazu
i too am down with things that havent existed for four months

can I come as well please? I have very little gold, but I can do work.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Like work with your hands or work with your mouth?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/18/2012 10:28 PMPosted by Disrupt
Like work with your hands or work with your mouth?

oh my apologies, i don't work with my hands..or my mouth. yes, i'm terrible.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
see the goal is to use both hands and mouth simultaniously
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]