Plz save the people on Garithos

1 Troll Druid
Its been crap far back as I can remember even when overkill opend the AQ gates.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I have been on this server for 4 years of my life. My Toons were Slig lolcats and Spaghettios. The only time this server was becoming close to an actual server was when Cat has just started and during high points we where reaching medium pop.

Help the people on this terrible server, for it has made me quit the game about 3 times just due to this reason.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I like this server lols.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Speaking of things like the AQ gates and sunwell blizzard had to intervene with our server because there were not even enough people on the server to unlock these so we could not participate in the events. This is just one of many things that has plagued this server. Another point to be made is that this thread despite how small it may seem to a blizzard employee is a huge majority of the raiding individuals on the horde side of garithos.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
i agree as well. i like world pvp. and to be honest i go into the molten front and theres NO ONE to kill. then ill go and talk to my friend about his server he plays on and its just like heaven and theres always someone to kill so plz help us.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Garithos needs more pop listen blizz.
Reply Quote
we need a merger or something! the AH is empty, you can pug nothing, and all we do in trade is argue about how bad the server is... we need action blizz... how low can the population go b4 u guys do something?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
DO SOMETHING BLIZZARD!!! we are dying here!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I left garithos because of this reason. Dead Server is Dead and most be fix.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I'd like to point out another issue that having a low population like ours creates and that is the complete oversight on the forums when a thread is created with a very reasonable complaint. This thread in less than a day is already one of the longest threads created this expansion from our server and despite it being a hot topic on our server and the thing that bothers 90% of the few people stuck here, we don't have any response from blizzard about it because they don't give our server the same attention they would a server with a reasonable population. Plz merge our server so that we get what we are paying monthly for.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Okay, in the past, whenever there was an "OMG BLIZZ HELP GARITHOS LOW POP" thread, I would tell the OP that perhaps it was him/her and that there was nothing wrong with our little realm.

I was in denial.

I have been around since vanilla, and I have seen many friends come and go. It's the nature of things. However, this server lacks the population to support a decent AH, the recruiting pool for guilds is minuscule, and, during low, non-peak hours, Tol Barad is more like 5v5s on a giant map (and that's if you're lucky). Try searching for someone to craft for you in trade chat at, say, five-in-the-morning. You might have one person respond (if you're lucky) and they just maybe might have what you need (if you're really lucky).

Something really needs to be done. Garithos isn't dead just yet, but it is lying in bed clutching its heart and gasping for air, all vestiges of strength gone.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I came here from Kil'Jaeden when the free transfers were offered due to the extremely high pop over there. i would have rather shot myself in the foot in retrospect. This server is terrible. LET ME OFF FO FREE!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
i believe there is a genuine quality of gameplay issue currently on Garithos. the AH is almost always devoid of materials and items/patterns that are desired. the economy is upside down, and progression is slow going with few options for raiders. it is difficult to recruit steady players, as the base is very low to choose from. my guild and i all transferred here to get away from hour long server queues, but this is not the type of relief that we were hoping for when we took blizzards free transfer off. i am not sure if there is anything, realistically, that can be done, but a server merge, or free transfers to even a medium population server would be appreciated. regards...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Garithos is just perfect the way it is. The less people it has, the better it becomes. Until one day, Garithos will be mine alone. >:)

Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
09/25/2011 04:23 AMPosted by Minstral
Garithos is just perfect the way it is. The less people it has, the better it becomes. Until one day, Garithos will be mine alone. >:)

You hush, Minstral. You crazy ol' bastage.
Edited by Durane on 9/25/2011 8:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
they're not even going to read this btw, just a heads up.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I remember that fateful day when the game client suggested the server "Garithos." Clever girl, Blizzard. Clever girl.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I, too, came from Kil'Jaeden back when Cata started due to the 3+ hour queue times to play. I also have other characters on other servers. I came to this server with real life friends (yo! Nautupinhere!) and there are times when I want to bang my head on the wall for making this decision.

QoL on Garithos is akin to living in a third-world nation. We *might* be able to raid. We *might* be able to pvp. (Thanks for xrealm bgs, DF, and soon, RF). However, where the server economy is concerned, it fails miserably. As stated before, even if you do get into said groups for whatever, the chances of being able to enchant, gem, inscribe, equip, and play your character is nearly impossible. Unless you're online constantly and by chance catch someone with the skills you need. Or, there's the option to level alts. Or pay to transfer servers.

In the case of my household (4 players) it's simply not financially feasible to force people to transfer servers in such a state. (Each of us have paid for one already). Others, for reasons of their own, cannot or will not transfer.

The point is, Blizz, if you're listening...we need some help here. I know there are other low population servers out there that could be merged. Even within the same data center, I'm sure. I don't have hard data, mostly because the population on Garithos is so small, that warcraftrealms data *HAS* to be inaccurate. I'm sure there are even other people on other servers making similar claims.

MMORPGs aren't fun if the MM is missing.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The solution would be rather simple but Blizzard wont do it, anyway it would be something like this:

Create New Realm (we'll call it Bogard lol).

Bogard is a brand new realm intended as the destination transfer realm from all realms with populations similar to Garithos.

All players will have 30 days to manually activate free transfers from their current home realm to Bogard. After 30 days, Blizzard will begin the process of moving the characters on their own and place them in a suspended state similar to how it is when you do a pay transfer or faction change now.

The end result will be a brand new realm that has hundreds of active players from 10 different realms merging together to form a new healthy population.

There would be some cons to this, many would probably lose their names, guilds would have to be reformed and re-leveled (unless Blizzard could accommodate Guild x-fers) etc but I think anybody playing on these desolate servers wouldn't mind the cons if given the chance to play the game the way it's actually intended instead of it being a hassle just to form a group to do a 10 man raid or a rbg.

But, this is la la land thinking, nothing like this will never ever happen.
Edited by Bogard on 9/27/2011 10:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well you can count me as one who has finally had enough. Had great hopes when I transferred over from Blackrock( because of the login ques with last expansion). but this was the wrong server to go to apparently. Most of my guild, at least the core raiders have left already and it breaks my heart to leave the 6 other toons I have leveled for professions but dont see any alternative. Blizzard just doesn't seem to care.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]