Plz save the people on Garithos

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Zinnavyre, you're more than welcome to join up with us. Some other Blackrock exiles :)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I agree... this server is dead. It's near impossible to get anything done. Merge us Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Zinnavyre, you're more than welcome to join up with us. Some other Blackrock exiles :)

Appreciate the offer, some of my guildies went to Arthas, so I'm gonna transfer there and start over. The 50k gold cap sucks, but don't have much choice
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'll post something so the Alliance doesn't look too underrepresented. Everything said about the horde side is just as terrible as it is for the alliance side. We have two raiding guilds - and only one can kill anything on heroic. We are one of a small number of servers that still hasn't killed half the content in heroic t11, even a tier ahead. Many of us got tricked in the beginning of the expansion when Garithos had that surge of transfers from everywhere else in our battlegroup to move ALL our alts here, only to come back a month later and find the server as desolate as it was before. Please do something about Garithos. This is not the game experience any of us would like to pay for.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
I like how this thread is just as long as our progression thread. Take a hint blizzard.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't understand all the crying tbh. I like being on a small pop after being on one of the biggest servers since Vanilla. You can always transfer or start a new character. Sucks, but whatever at least it's doing something besides !@#$%ing in a thread to a company that has never listened to these kinds of things ever.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Add my vote to the merge idea.
There isn't enough to fight... I'm tired of fighting the same people, people start to take offense to being killed and camped, I want more flavors of food... I'm sure the alliance PvP'ers can agree too.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
09/25/2011 08:54 AMPosted by Durane
Garithos is just perfect the way it is. The less people it has, the better it becomes. Until one day, Garithos will be mine alone. >:)

You hush, Minstral. You crazy ol' bastage.

I second that motion... O.O lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I kept leaving and coming back to the server but then one time I didn't and a few friends went to Korgath and then so did I. Best decision I ever made. There are people... I thought Garithos was pretty good in BC decent number of people on but in WotLK it definitelty dropped off. Come to Korgath =). I do miss these forums though, since most of the people you would actually see that post in here. Or kill...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Blizzard does think about a server merge, however, they are afraid it would have a bad image and economic impact, since everyone will think that no one is playing the game that some servers have to be merge with others to increase population.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Agreed, and apparently so do most players on Garithos.
Came from Blackrock with some really good friends, they all either quit or transferred, now my only reason to stay here is Bluenas.

In a small community, everyone knows and hates eachother, Trade chat is a powder keg, we spend most of our time in trade flaming at saidus or dalarsam. The other times trade is active is when somebody starts a religion/politics arguement...

The Auctionhouse is controlled by 3-5 people, Daxel sells BoEs, Incantus sells glyphs, Yocahu sells alchemy and gems.. They gouge monopolize and everythings overpriced and understocked.

Theres just not enough people, if i wanted to up and create a new guild tomorrow, i would not be able to scrounge up 9 decent players.

Just being able to get a 5man premade is a highlight for the week.
Edited by Fathöm on 10/9/2011 4:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Human Warlock
I remember Noodle putting together a much greater effort to get a server merge to happen, had about 40 pages between 2 topics, and was also posted in places that mattered. Blizzard didn't do anything then, and they certainly won't do anything now. Just gotta deal with it the best you can, and if you can't, go somewhere else.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
10/09/2011 05:07 AMPosted by Minstral
go somewhere else.
Adding on to the problem
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Agreed this server sucks.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Im down for a merger
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Blizzard has now introduced Payed Character Transfers! For a messily $25 you can continue your legendary adventures on a server of your choice! You may do this once every 3 months! Scratch that - 1 month! Scratch that - Few Days! You can also create a level one on your targeted server with the same name as your current character to acquire a free name change!

#firstworldproblems
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I felt compelled to start a thread such as this, until I actually found it. I've been in Garithos for a while now. I'm pretty sad at its current state right now. I do have the money to leave the server but that's not how you fix it. My best customers in the ah are server transferring. The Auction House currently houses about 3k items which is more than mediocre. I have turned to server transferring toons back and forth to feed Garithos some Boes due to lack of raiding and stuff to buy. I truly believe that Garithos has no hope unless the Blue Posters do something about it. There are various options to make it better. I think that merging two mediocre servers will not improve it. But in the beginning of Cataclysm free character migration from high pop server changed it to a medium sized server and promoted raiding and pvp heavily. I think giving the best high pop servers free migrations to our house in Garithos will help out some. We need help to save the people on Garithos!!! Why am I still here, I love my guildies and would never go anywhere without them.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
i'm just hoping that when the new xpac comes out, we can convince some people to stay on the server... i'm sure there will be a lot of free server xfers to Garithos again... hell thats how i got here =/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Going to have to agree here, Garithos needs help!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I hope everyone understands that all the problems listed are not Garithos's problems, its the people who play this server, stop feeling sorry for yourself
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]