Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
don't get to raid tomorrow :(

hopefully dies Thursday though.

them bloods in last phase haul !@# x.x
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/31/2012 11:33 AMPosted by Digerati
Maybe not so much anymore with that 15+5% tendon hp nerf today...wowsers. Fight's not fun, so I'll personally be glad to be beyond it.

I would anticipate the possibility of burning a tendon in a single burn. We tried it pre-nerf and weren't super far off, but enough to not make it worth pursuing. But, now, man, it would really make the fight a lot easier.

But yeah, more than once during pulls I was thinking "what tendon are we on? I don't even remember".
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
We tried a single burn in 25 last night, isn't really possible with the amount of health it has. Pre 4.3.2, on good attempts we were getting 35-40% with heroism and cooldowns, and with the nerf we're looking at about 15-20% still to go. That's with 5 Dragonwrath Mage mains and 2 Rogue mains. Maybe a raid with even more Mages and Rogues could do 1 burn, but for our purposes it doesn't matter since we don't use alts in our raids, so we'll probably be looking at 2 burns per tendon no matter what. We had the opportunity of doing an attempt without heroism on that 1st tendon, and it dropped below 50%, so at least the nerf allows us to do 2-2-2 consistently, I'd hope. I'd still love to get a single burn on the tendon though, but it just seems out of reach. It reminds me a lot of 1 meteor in Heroic Rag 25. We'd only push that about 10% of the time with a lucky engulfing cast and outlier DPS levels. It was very frustrating. This time around, we're not going to plan around a single burn. Just going to save the headaches and plan on 2. Maybe if we were a few % off we'd try for it, but 15-20s just too much.
Edited by Digerati on 2/1/2012 8:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
So heroic madness wiped us at 2.1%. fml.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
=(

That's essentially a .1% wipe ya? You'll get it next time you raid.
Edited by Digerati on 2/3/2012 5:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I think it dies at like 1.7 or something around there, so yeah it was microscopically close :(
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Working on the last plate of Spine. Meeting the DPS requirement for 2 plates is pretty reasonable now without heroism, so it's just a matter of getting the kiting down [and having to go through 10 minutes just to get to that point every time]. Disconnects and people lagging out seem to be a big problem on that fight too. I don't DC all that often, but it's happening on Spine. Thinking maybe a few nights on Madness to finish off the tier, but we need to get past Spine without the hiccups. Madness looks like some basic execution without much in the way of RNG. I think I'll enjoy it for that reason, though it probably is a let down for the final boss of the expansion.
Edited by Digerati on 2/3/2012 10:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
It's a huge letdown imo. All you do is repeat the same thing 4 times before you get to do something different. Sure it gets harder each time but you're still doing the exact same thing.

Besides that when your 10 minute attempts are ruined by a random falling death you'll hate the encounter that much more.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm really, really mad about Madness right now.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4015162307

Seriously, we had ~1-2% wipes, and should have killed it Thursday, but lost upwards of 45 minutes to people falling through the world on platform leaps. On really good, solid pulls.

Really mad at Blizzard.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Madness seems like a suitable name for that fight.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
We're still lookin for people
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Grats on H-Deathwing
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
some random in our guild said grats to us so i went ahead and accepted. 7/7H hunter lfg
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
lol
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Yo grats
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Thanks Dig :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

Looking for a solid and stable non-pally tank who knows what time it is when MoP hits...

I'll be you're pokemon pal, and journey across the lands and waters of Azeroth assisting with your endeavors to be a master.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Call it Mists instead of MoP. Sounds a whole lot more aesthetically pleasing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]