Patch 4.3: Tier 13 Set Bonuses - 9/29

85 Gnome Priest
Blizzard
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Y u hate holy priests?

Disc set bonuses are actually useful, Holy's are useless. I mean, people are already skipping the talent to reduce holy word CD, why did the devs decide to give it to us as a tier bonus??

And the 4pc goes against proper Lightwell use...
Edited by Vook on 9/24/2011 7:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Warrior DPS set bonuses were not well thought out.

The 2-piece encourages us to stack hit to make use of it, unless you plan to ensure we hit 27% hit in 4.3, it's a pretty bad/worthless bonus.

The 4-piece's has a bunch of issues.

1) It favors Arms over Fury, since Fury can only CS once every 20 seconds, and has more opportunities between 20-0% to take advantage of it from random refreshes.

2) Warriors are @ 25% or so crit in Heroic 4.2 Firelands gear, I doubt it's going to go up significantly for 4.3.

3) It's a proc of a proc of a proc. Only usable past 20% hp on a boss, it requires CS to already be up, CS lasts 6 seconds, of that 6 seconds, only 3 of your globals could be possible executes, of those 3 executes, one of them has to crit, of those that actually crit, it has a 20% chance to refresh it. Let's go through that one more time:

Requires sub 20%->Requires CS to be up(20 second cooldown)->3 execute opportunity->Requires execute to crit(25% chance)->20% chance on your 25% crit execute to refresh.

That's way too many requirements and too low of a chance to be a signifigant dps increase for a 4 piece.
I feel obligated to quote this.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
The Warrior set bonuses seem... rushed?

I dont find myself in situations where I would be generating enough Rage to benefit from the 2 piece, and the 4 piece is only useful for 20% of the fight, which is usually one of the fastest parts of any fight.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warlock
2pc lock is bad !@# for demo but the 4pc is $%^-ty with no way to refill shards durin combat ;(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
im pretty happy with the warlock set bonus's. I would much rather have the doomguard base cooldown be lowered and have a different set bonus though. When we dont have this gear next expansion it will still be the horrid 10 minute cooldown, although this gives them a lot of time to change it.

the 4 piece is interesting, so now when demonology pet swaps, we get 10% spellpower for 10 seconds, during our other cooldowns for some serious dmg. It would probably be worth it to start pre-soulburning now and drain souling adds to get more shards so we can use it more often
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Blizzard fails Holy Priests again.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Don't wanna be just another QQer, but would love if resto druids could get away from mana-saving set bonuses. I would rather get more spirit on my gear and have a cool healing gain - especially with the bigger loot table promised with 4.3.

I really like the 4pc but maybe that's because it is so good. Mostly, I think it'll just add a bit of fun to HoT management.

EDIT: Oh and I realise that 4pc does actually save mana, but it's more than just a "mana-saving set bonus"
Edited by Valleygrl on 9/24/2011 8:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Warrior DPS set bonuses were not well thought out.

The 2-piece encourages us to stack hit to make use of it, unless you plan to ensure we hit 27% hit in 4.3, it's a pretty bad/worthless bonus.

The 4-piece's has a bunch of issues.

1) It favors Arms over Fury, since Fury can only CS once every 20 seconds, and has more opportunities between 20-0% to take advantage of it from random refreshes.

2) Warriors are @ 25% or so crit in Heroic 4.2 Firelands gear, I doubt it's going to go up significantly for 4.3.

3) It's a proc of a proc of a proc. Only usable past 20% hp on a boss, it requires CS to already be up, CS lasts 6 seconds, of that 6 seconds, only 3 of your globals could be possible executes, of those 3 executes, one of them has to crit, of those that actually crit, it has a 20% chance to refresh it. Let's go through that one more time:

Requires sub 20%->Requires CS to be up(20 second cooldown)->3 execute opportunity->Requires execute to crit(25% chance)->20% chance on your 25% crit execute to refresh.

That's way too many requirements and too low of a chance to be a signifigant dps increase for a 4 piece.
I feel obligated to quote this.

^
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
ok, whats up with the 4pc for DK DPS? That just looks bad.

2pc, however, looks pretty decent. Keep it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
CHANGE prot paladin set 2 and set 4. They are completely horrible.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Not as good as my current Tier bonuses. Restricted it to be a trinket effect?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Perhaps an idea for the tanking CD's would be more homogenization (bleh, spelling). Use the same 'shield wall' for each class and apply the 50% affect.

Shield Wall for Warriors

Icebound Fortitude for DK's

Guardian of Ancient Kings for Paladins

Survival Instincts for Druids

This would seem to make more sense to me. Esp given that each one would then apply effectively the same protection across the raid while 'costing' a personal CD on the tanks case. It would also simplify things for healers too, atm the DK 4pc could lead to extra health OR extra healing, but no dmg reduction. Warrior/Paladins ones both lead to less raid dmg (though effectively a 'cheaper' cost for the paladin. Iirc the bear 4pc would also be affected by a glyoh much like the DK version, though it's been so long since I tanked on that toon I cannot remember what it does exactly.

Anyways, thats my thoughts on the tanking ones. Don't get me started on some of the healing ones...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I haven't read through everything but with the feral tank 4 piece bonus how does that work if your glyphed and not converting your rage into healing?
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=54810
Edited by Royalite on 9/24/2011 8:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
This is the first time I've ever seen set bonuses actually negate a talent.... Interesting.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Masochism
Edited by Elvenskwig on 9/24/2011 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Clarification request 1: With the wording on the feral 2-piece it is unclear if it is only the bear bonus that requires berserk to be active, or both the bear and cat bonuses. The cat bonus will either be exceptionally good if it does not require berserk to be active, or exceptionally bad if it does require berserk to be active.

Feral, 2P -- While Berserk is active, Savage Defense absorbs are 100% larger, and your Blood in the Water talent now causes Ferocious Bite to refresh the duration of your Rip on targets with 60% or less health.

Clarification request 2: Which aspects of frenzied regen are copied to raid members? Is it just the max-hp boost and the hp gain if targets were below 30% when the ability was used? Does the healing-from-rage also get applied to all targets? What about the bonus healing if the bear is glyphed for frenzied regen?

4P -- Frenzied Regeneration also affects all raid and party members, and your Stampede talent now grants two charges after using Feral Charge (Cat).
Edited by Loupy on 9/24/2011 8:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
WOW. The Prot Warrior bonuses look sooo amazing.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
wow, holy priest bonuses are totally useless.

Mana cost after casting lightwell?

So for 15 seconds before we pull the boss I have reduced mana cost? what?

And even when using lightwell during the fight its not thrown down during heavy damage phases, so 15 secs of reduced mana cost is not useful at all.

And 4 pc, reduced holy word cooldown? Priests in 25 man generally sit in PoH chakra, we dont use sanctuary on cooldown....we rarely use it at all for that matter.

What is the deal with these bonuses??

Disc looks better since the 4pc directly affects an often used spell in a good way, and power infusion IS used in high damage phases so the further reduced mana cost is nice. Still very weak compared to t12 bonuses though.

This! No love for holy priests? :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
head tilted left when I read the rogue 2p then right when I read the 4p. -.- interesting 2 piece and kinda boring but I suppose effective 4p.

The 4p looks really nice for mutilate and combat, but it's just about 1 extra ambush (2 at best, but the other gcd will probably be spent on a finisher, none of which are shadow dance specific) every minute for subtlety. That's overwhelmingly underwhelming D:

But at the same time aldriana has the glyph of shadow dance (same thing as this 4p) set at 315 dps, so if he's around the right mark then I suppose it's better than it seems. I guess that glyph and the 4p would be really nice together if the glyph of hemo doesn't still outshine the shadowdance glyph.

I kinda like how one of our bonuses always seems to deal with tricks. This 2p is leaving me a little worried about combat though, because as of right now if you try to fit in a tott in while AR is up you're going to energy cap w/o a doubt, and you'll probably energy cap fairly harshly while the 2p is up, pretty much rendering it useless. It'll still be great/fun for mut and sub pretty much all the time (using it just before a shadow dance/vanish ambush would be fun to set up and do), and it'll be nice for combat outside of BL and AR I guess.

Assuming the bonus don't end up sucking mathematically then I'll be pretty happy about them

some of you guys with really underwhelming bonuses should keep in mind that there might be rather significant class/spec changes coming in 4.3
Edited by Rectangle on 9/24/2011 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Gee, another set bonus that forces us to use tricks on cooldown as a DPS ability. We've never seen that lame mechanic before several times as a set bonus.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
April fools? Wait, it's not April... It's not even the First...
Set-bonus day fools?

09/24/2011 06:00 PMPosted by Zarhym
Please keep in mind that the below data is pre-PTR and could change prior to the release of patch 4.3.

I hope so, I really, really hope so. Because right now almost every single set is a joke...
I mean Ha-ha both ret set bonuses are what every single ret pally complained about...
Good one Blizzard... I'd say I'm glad I changed mains to my warlock but after seeing the set bonuses, its like chooseing between a standing next to an angry bee's nest or an angry hornet's nest...
Edited by Odíum on 9/24/2011 8:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]