Patch 4.3: Tier 13 Set Bonuses - 9/29

90 Tauren Druid
Okay, I am drooling over the feral set bonuses now uncontrollably. Looks like Blizzard made up for the crappy 2 set bonuses for feral tanks and gave us something awesome. However for cat I am amazed what they decided to do for the 2 set bonus, I thought being able to do our execute rotation at 60% target health instead of 25% like everyone else appears OP and I like that.

The only bad thing is that I can feel a nerf bat homing in now and I won't be surprised if that and the 4 piece bonus for tank gets nerfed too. I hope they don't get nerfed because they really do seem fun and I would love to use them.

On a second note I know Blizzard thinks that there are too many arcane mages around so they tailored their set bonus to work better with fire instead of arcane so hopefully more people will use fire. The hunter set bonuses looks really awesome, especially for BM hunters which is another spec I find fun.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I really hope that protection paladins are getting some kind of change to there tier sets. Since judgement is one of our lowest hitting spells so the bubble from that just seems pointless . Now i did hear rumors that its damage might be going up so i guess it will become good probably.
But the four set really isn't fair. Every other tank i believe gets something from casting there spell for them self. But as a pally we don't get anything out of using Guardian. Only thing we get from it is we are helping the raid...idk good job on tiers overall just feel.. some tweets are needed.
Edited by Fansy on 9/26/2011 11:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Goblin Priest
warrior tier 13 set bonuses fail again ... gg
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
A scenario at a blizzard developer's meeting...

"hey bob, what should we put on the new two piece tier set?"

"I don't know, how about...."

"yeah, that sounds cooooool...."

I'm not getting the feeling that they are actually putting much thought into it, as if they are just throwing stats on it as if it were an after thought. I would think that the 2 and 4 piece tier bonuses would be better if they built upon themselves. As an example for ret. 2 piece grants you a 50% chance of gaining a charge of holy power. 4 piece, whenever you gain a charge of holy power from your judgments, the cool down of your zealotry is reduced by 15 seconds. But that's just my 2cents, doubt anyone will actually see or read or care...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Really? A Death Rune? You can do better than that Blizz. I'd like to see somthing such as increased healing from Rune Tap, a few free Death Strikes or a mastery/dodge/parry buff from one of our cooldowns.
Reply Quote
70 Human Warrior
09/26/2011 10:44 PMPosted by Arax
The 2P for blood would allow you an immediate death strike, regardless of the state of your runes,

I'm sorry, but that's flat out incorrect. Proccing a single death rune in no way guarantees that you will be able to Death Strike.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Warlock
lol warlocks are getting a buff that was a previous talent they removed, i think that is pretty stupid. Yet mages are still complaining about not being strong enough when theirs is completely !@#$ed.
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Warlock
OOB
09/24/2011 06:11 PMPosted by Thoridin
Wow, shadow priest 4 set is going to be powerful if they keep it.

Lol just a bit. Both of their tier bonuses are extremely strong, but that four piece is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
DPS, 2P -- Heroic Strike costs 10 less rage while Inner Rage is active.
DPS, 4P -- Your Execute critical strikes have a 20% chance to refresh the duration of Colossus Smash.

I've seen a lot of slaps to the face when it comes to playing a Warrior, most of us have but this is a total nerf and the hardest slap in the face yet... Inner Rage....? No fury Warr. I've ever met (with skill) would EVER use that ability and as the for 4p bonus.. not so much a slap to the face as a spit to the face, sure col. smash + execute = larger #'s but its beyond narrow minded what are we supposed to do for the other 80% of the fight, sit there w/no rage because all we use is Inner Rage and Heroic Strike? This is a horrible idea. Clearly Warriors got the short straw. Every Warrior on this forum agrees. Thanks Blizz! Real nice of you to shaft us, AGAIN!

Maybe I'll roll a shadow priest or a damn arcane mage so I can live in the friggin light for once instead of being treated like a damn leper. If this keeps up I'll goto SwToR and never look back, tired of getting shafted constantly.
Edited by Xarox on 9/27/2011 4:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I see a lot of discontent with these set bonuses, and I have to agree, for the classes I play, they are underwhelming. Maybe Blizz is de-emphasizing tier pieces because they can't be had by VP in 4.3, or maybe they're just out of touch with what made the game fun (note use of past tense there). Maybe the VP pieces and the regular drops from bosses will make up for it.

Spriest - the SW:D bonus indicates just how sad SW:D is at the moment. It should be buffed to make it a part of our rotation rather than a mana recovery mechanism. 4pc is nice, but I'll likely never see it. Holy lightwell, Batman, BLizz should just remove lightwell from the game. Oh wait, that was old feedback.

Warrior - Heroic Strike? I laughed. Really? Prot Warrior - homogenize them to be more like pallies. Yawn.

Paladin - Judgement? Really? Extended raidwall? Didn't we have that in Wrath?

I have similar issues with mage and DK, too.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
aren't those tank defensive cooldowns just a smidge reminiscent of the old Blood Aura that dks used to have? :(
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

Priest
[ul]
  • Healer, 2P -- After using Power Infusion or Lightwell, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for [10|15] sec. (10 sec for Discipline, 15 for non-Discipline.)
  • Healer, 4P -- Your Power Word: Shield has a 10% chance to absorb 100% additional damage, and the cooldown of your Holy Word abilities is reduced by 20%.

• The holy set bonus' do not look very appealing at all, but since I do not play holy really I on't comment further.

As for the Disc bonus. The 2pc seems viable. Especially on healing intensive progression fights where disc will use PI as a self buff for efficiency and throughput.

The 4pc is rather terrible though. Majority of players hate the t10-t11(after shield buff) style of stacking mastery and spirit and spamming shields all day then bringing 2 resto shams and 3 shadow priests and 2 holy priests just to feed the disc HOH/Tides all fight long. Plus it's just boring to play. PLUS you guys DONT like it. You try to take it away with dramatic increases to the spell cost, but we do it anyway until you cut the duration in half and to a greater degree when stat scaling in new tiers combines with a few different approaches to some of the encounter mechanics leaving Shield spam finally behind other methods of healing so the min/maxers give up on it. (Thank goodness it was boring doing that for 18+ months.)

And this brings us to now. Disc healing feels good. I use all of my spells on a regular basis. I cast everything in my arsenal and it's really fun. This 4pc would promote frivolous shield spamming by those not intelligent enough to realize wearing 4pc would likely be a throughput loss unless you compensated by making the stats on all healing priest tier perfectly itemized.

Let me just post my idea for the disc 4pc before I drone on and on for ever.

Your power word shield absorbs 100% increased damage. 10 second Cooldown.

Bam Fantastic non RNG, NON Spammable throughput upgrade for disc. Maybe make it 11 seconds CD even .

Thats win right the you have to be able to top T12 4pc which was/is AMAZING. Please consider my idea. if it's too powerful you can always reduce the % increase.

Thanks. Love disc. Please dont ever ruin it!
    Edited by Koilie on 9/27/2011 5:07 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Mage

Mage

• 2P -- Your damaging spells have a 30% chance to grant Stolen Time, increasing your haste rating by 50 for 30 sec and stacking up to 10 times. When Arcane Power, Combustion, or Icy Veins expires, all stacks of Stolen Time are lost.
    • 4P -- Each stack of Stolen Time also reduces the cooldown of Arcane Power by 3 sec, Combustion by 4 sec, and Icy Veins by 6 sec.

This is garbage,arcane being mage's primary raid spec.Putting arcane power on a 1 minute cooldown is not viable,not beneficial at least.The 4 piece bonus make's it seem like we'll want to throw a mini burn phase into our rotation,keeping arcane power on CD.Which would be great if arcane power didnt make our spells cost 10% more mana and acrane's mastery being completely dependent on our mana percentage.Making 4 piece t13 being nearly completely useless,and 2 piece far from exciting.
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Death Knight
    I speak only in terms of progression raiding. But why did they give the classes that are already solid, awesome set bonus'. But classes like holy priests and resto shamans next to bad?
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Death Knight
    Oh and in terms of disc set bonus'. They are AMAZING for disc. How long dos PI last? 15-20 seconds? if you have 4pc that means for 15-20 seconds you can get away with PW:S spamming. due to the mana reduction. Seems like doing that will utilize the mana cost reduction the most.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Rogue
    I like the rogue 2 set but not the 4 set. Not like I'll see it anyway. :-p
    Reply Quote
    86 Troll Warlock
    I can't beleave the rusty pole they're shuving up the warlocks 2p and 4p.
    One the first one is on a 10 min cool down, what the hell is a few seconds
    going to improve on our ability that is the warlock BL.

2nd Only Affliction warlocks are going to be able to use the 4p bonus
    with a Soulburn/Seed of Corruption combo going during an add less
    boss fight (referance to Bel). Any other build would be ding fried are
    done in the first few minutes of the boss fight.

Please give us something better or at least a wayt to replenish our
    shards other than soulsteal.
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Priest
    I sincerely hope they got the Healing priest wrong.

It is the most useless 2set bonus in history.

15 second of reduced mana after casting lightwell, are they kidding me? Lightwell? How many times do you cast lightwell in a fight? 2 times? Maybe 3 if everything is going horryfingly bad? And the first one you cast BEFORE the fight so.

Really?

Do they play the game? I'm shocked.
    Reply Quote
    85 Worgen Warrior
    Quote from Elitist Jerks:

Whoever creates these set bonuses makes me think that they really have never played the specs before. I'm seriously getting disappointed with Blizzard lately with these last two groups of tier bonuses. They really should invest in consulting with players who actually know how the specs work.

Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t106912-fury_dps_4_0_cataclysm/p33/

This is mostly about 4pc warrior's set bonus. I wanted to post this because that is exactly how I feel about it.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]