Patch 4.3: Tier 13 Set Bonuses - 9/29

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Concerning tank bonuses:

DK 4 pc, takes an existing, self-only ability, and extends some benefit to the entire raid
Warrior 4 pc, takes an existing, self-only ability, and extends some benefits to the entire raid
Druid 4 pc, takes an AMAZING, self-only ability, and extends some benefits to the entire raid

and now...

Paladin 4 pc, takes an existing ability that has no-effect on the paladin whatsoever that only effects raid and group members and makes its radius larger with a shorter cooldown.

The thing about Divine Guardian.. in numerous boss fights, using this ability provides limited benefit as its only a 30 yd radius. Many dps/offtanks are out of range to receive the benefit, and as stated, it has 0 effect on the paladin who casts it. The 4 pc bonus turns this "selfless" spell into what it should have done all along.. effect your entire group, period.

This is a weak bonus compared to the other tanks. Easily remedied though. Allow Divine Guardian to also provide the bonus to the casting paladin. Other tanks extend self only abilities to others, paladins extend an others only ability to themselves.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
I'm gravely disappointed in the warlock Tier 13 - 2P bonus. It's like you're trying to annihilate the Destro and Affliction specs. Also, that soulburn ability would be nice if it were 20 seconds instead of 10. All in all, I'm glad you guys shared it with us but, could we give affliction/destro a different 2 Piece?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

Just like I said in my original complaint... It's not even close to being on par with our level 70 4 pcs.. Do you see whats wrong here our gear gets better but our 4 pc gets worse.. derp derp. And i don't need a dps lesson from you, last i checked you aren't ranked on any fights in Firelands . Last i checked i was top 10 worldwide on world of logs for two different fights. and top 50 for several other fights.. I know how to play a rogue but thanks for caring...

1. We aren't the only class whose 4pc is less powerful than the 2pc in the *subject to change* T13.
2. For the nth time, it is still as good a set bonus as we have seen yet in Cata.
3. Please spare me the WoL nonsense. I raided heavy progression and had top parses from T6 through the first half of Uld before taking a 2 year break. Me coming back a month ago is the reason for a lack of place on top parses, certainly not a lack of previously established experience or knowledge of the class. Basically you came in, whined in all caps about stuff, you were off base, and now you expect combat's blade flurry stat padding to make you sound cool? Just go back to your unfounded CAPS complaining.

First off I was not off base, Our 4 piece is not as good as previous sets.. It stays the same while other classes (not all) get better set bonuses. You keep raiding as mutilate and try to tell me more about combat.. You're bad, !@#$ has changed since your glory days in Ulduar keep living in the past with your inferior spec and downy rotation.

It looks like you're trying to pvp and doing loltastic job at that..

PS: I started playing this dk again a month ago so don't blame your terrible ratings on that, you're a rogue one of the easiest classes to get 2200 on and you've never broken 1750 roflroflroflroflrofl please give me more advice.... %^-*ter
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Unless the new raid is going to be all about raid-wide damage, these tank bonuses, namely the protection paladin set bonuses, are completely useless.

Like many said already, judgement doesn't even do enough for that absorb to be worth it from what I can remember.

And why would I want to go from a 4 set bonus of gaining 12% parry every 30 seconds to lowering the time of a cooldown I'm not even specced for?...
Reply Quote
the tier 13 mage armor looks wierd
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
This a joke? Really? You gave us a set bonus aimed at Demos? I already have to deal with a chance of imp that will randomly appear in a fight and attack whatever it pleases rather than what I want it to. So now your new idea is to give me 15seconds more of a guardian you are going to nerf. That basically means no more real bonus than what I have at the moment unless I switch back to destro. Then I get 45 more seconds of a nerfed guardian.

How about this for a set bonus, we actually can do decent DPS without worrying about our pet as much. That could be our 2 pieace set bonus and our 4 piece could be that we completely obsorb our pet and its abilities so we dont need them to do effective dps.

You really need to rethink your set bonuses or just do away with them. They have been lack luster for a while. How about just having them have really good stats as set bonus and go with that.
Edited by Virgar on 9/29/2011 1:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We've made several adjustment to the tier 13 set bonuses. Any bonus which has changed is listed below (changes in bold), followed by a list of what the original bonuses were. You'll find the full and current list of bonuses in the original post of this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3229376031

Druid

• Balance, 4P -- Reduces the cooldown of Starsurge by 5 sec.

• Feral, 2P -- Pulverize now also grants your Mangle (Bear) critical strikes a 100% chance to trigger Savage Defense, and your Blood in the Water talent now causes Ferocious Bite to refresh the duration of your Rip on targets with 60% or less health.
  • Feral, 4P -- Frenzied Regeneration also affects all raid and party members. This effect cannot be triggered if you have been in Bear Form for less than 15 sec. In addition, your Stampede talent now grants two charges after using Feral Charge (Cat).

Hunter

• 4P -- Your Arcane Shot ability has a chance to grant 30% haste to you and your pet for 10 sec.

Mage

• 2P -- Your Arcane Blast has a 100% chance, and your Fireball and Frostbolt spells have a 50% chance to grant Stolen Time, increasing your haste rating by 50 for 30 sec and stacking up to 10 times. When Arcane Power, Combustion, or Icy Veins expires, all stacks of Stolen Time are lost.
  • 4P -- Each stack of Stolen Time also reduces the cooldown of Arcane Power by 7 sec, Combustion by 4 sec, and Icy Veins by 6 sec.

Paladin

• Protection, 2P -- Your Judgement ability now also grants a physical absorb shield equal to 25% of the damage it dealt.

• Retribution, 2P -- Your Judgement ability now also generates 1 Holy Power.

Priest

• Healer, 2P -- After using Power Infusion or Divine Hymn, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for [10|23] sec. (10 sec for Discipline, 23 for non-Discipline.)
  • Healer, 4P -- Your Power Word: Shield has a 10% chance to absorb 100% additional damage and increase the mana granted by Rapture by 100%, and the duration of your Holy Word abilities is increased by 20%.

• Shadow, 2P -- Shadow Word: Death deals an additional 55% damage, and reduces the damage you take from your own Shadow Word: Death when the target fails to die by 95%.

Shaman

• Elemental, 2P -- Elemental Mastery also grants you 2000 mastery rating 15 sec.
  • Elemental, 4P -- Each time Elemental Overload triggers, you gain 250 haste rating for 4 sec, stacking up to 3 times.

Warlock

• 2P -- The duration of your Doomguard and Infernal summons is increased by [20|30] sec and the cooldown of of those spells is reduced by 4 min. (20 for Demonology, 30 for non-Demonology.)
  • 4P -- Soulburn grants a 10% increase to your spell power for 10 sec, and Soul Fire cast with Soulburn active now grants a Soul Shard.

Warrior

• DPS, 4P -- Your Raging Blow and Mortal Strike abilities have a 13% chance to apply the Colossus Smash effect on your target for 6 sec.

*** These are the original bonuses which have been replaced by those above. ***

Druid

• Balance, 4P -- Starsurge generates 100% extra Lunar or Solar energy while Eclipse is not active.

• Feral, 2P -- While Berserk is active, Savage Defense absorbs are 100% larger, and your Blood in the Water talent now causes Ferocious Bite to refresh the duration of your Rip on targets with 60% or less health.
  • Feral, 4P -- Frenzied Regeneration also affects all raid and party members, and your Stampede talent now grants two charges after using Feral Charge (Cat).

Hunter

• 4P -- Your Arcane Shot ability has a chance to grant 25% haste to you and your pet for 10 sec.

Mage

• 2P -- Your damaging spells have a 30% chance to grant Stolen Time, increasing your haste rating by 50 for 30 sec and stacking up to 10 times. When Arcane Power, Combustion, or Icy Veins expires, all stacks of Stolen Time are lost.
  • 4P -- Each stack of Stolen Time also reduces the cooldown of Arcane Power by 3 sec, Combustion by 4 sec, and Icy Veins by 6 sec.

Paladin

• Protection, 2P -- Your Judgement ability now also grants a physical absorb shield equal to 30% of the damage it dealt.

• Retribution, 2P -- Your Judgement ability has a 50% chance to generate 1 Holy Power.

Priest

• Healer, 2P -- After using Power Infusion or Lightwell, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for [10|15] sec. (10 sec for Discipline, 15 for non-Discipline.)
  • Healer, 4P -- Your Power Word: Shield has a 10% chance to absorb 100% additional damage, and the cooldown of your Holy Word abilities is reduced by 20%.

• Shadow, 2P -- Shadow Word: Death deals an additional 55% damage, and you no longer take damage from your own Shadow Word: Death when the target fails to die.

Shaman

• Elemental, 2P -- Elemental Mastery also grants you 400 mastery rating 15 sec.
  • Elemental, 4P -- Each time Elemental Overload triggers, you gain 200 haste rating for 4 sec, stacking up to 3 times.

Warlock

• 2P -- The duration of your Doomguard and Infernal summons is increased by [15|45] sec and the cooldown of of those spells is reduced by 4 min. (45 for Demonology, 15 for non-Demonology.)
  • 4P -- Soulburn grants a 10% increase to your spell power for 10 sec.

Warrior

• DPS, 4P -- Your Execute critical strikes have a 20% chance to refresh the duration of Colossus Smash.
Edited by Zarhym on 9/29/2011 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
Zar you just made me love you. I was wondering why the Warlock set was basically screaming "Go Demo Go!" Now it's sooo much better. Thank you that made my day :D
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
The mage one seems odd... It looks - why is Fireball/Frostbolt a 50% chance while AB a 100% chance when AB is a faster cast?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
So with the 4pc change to warrior is it still possible for SMF to be competitive with TG?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Oh god, thank you for the fix to the 4P Warrior. That's absolutely amazing. That's a wonderful set bonus, and leaves me incredibly satisfied.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
09/29/2011 01:54 PMPosted by Thurongar
Oh god, thank you for the fix to the 4P Warrior. That's absolutely amazing. That's a wonderful set bonus, and leaves me incredibly satisfied.

Dude why are you wielding a nerf sword!?!?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
once again thanks for screwing over the resto shamans with terrible set bonuses. no one even uses spiritwalkers grace
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
i'll second the question about the thinking behind the mage changes. why does arcane seem to be favored here?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
So why do the Enhancement bonuses look like you still want us to use a spell power weapon?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Retribution, 2P -- Your Judgement ability now also generates 1 Holy Power.

GOOD CALL!!!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Wow, so you want every mage to be arcane. It seems when you guys asked for class feedback you never listened...At all, no one likes arcane Zar. I will just be glad that these Set Bonuses are not done yet because they still have yet to be tested on the PTR.
Edited by Marcarthur on 9/29/2011 2:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
It makes sense for the Arcane proc rate to be higher, because they have to stack it up more often; it gets reset over twice as often for Arcane than for Fire/Frost.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
09/29/2011 01:58 PMPosted by Marcarthur
Wow, so you want every mage to be arcane. It seems when you guys asked for class feedback you never listened...At all, no one likes arcane Zar

i love arcane?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]