Patch 4.3: Tier 13 Set Bonuses - 9/29

90 Orc Warlock
If Demo locks in 4.3 still have to pet switch, then this change to our 4p doesn't affect us, since we already spend a shard to instant-summon our Felhound whenever we use Meta.

If there's a buff incoming to Felguards in 4.3, then this change to 4p would make more sense.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I have looked through some of the pages to see if the mage bounus had already been commented on, but the 2pc proc does not come off of frostfire bolt. Any chance of that being added for thoes mages that use FFB as there main nuke (talking about fire here do not know much about frost).
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
DPS, 4P -- Your Raging Blow and Mortal Strike abilities have a 13% chance to apply the Colossus Smash effect on your target for 6 sec.

thank you. this set bonus is no longer 100% useless :)

now i hope you consider the ramificatinos of the prot bonus and how bad it is compared to paladin one. (ie turning your single target cd into another raid CD, making prot warriors have 2 raid cds and no personal CDs, at least, not when you're put in rotations for raid instead of when YOU need them). vs a paladin getting a buff to their already stand alone raid CD, and all THREE of their single target Cds not affected.

I still think rallying cry and last stand need to NOT share Cd, and instead make us not benefit from rallying cry. then maybe change set bonus to allow us to also benefit from rallying cry when it's used. or something. there is way too much CD parody between the two block tanks. we already have 1 less personal CD base, and our raid CD REMOVES one of our personal Cds, theirs does not. The set bonus furthers this in paladin favor over ours. Focusing purely on set bonus and putting class balance asside surely if you compare the two sets you realize warriors are getting short stick here. Cause i'll tell you now. when i do a boss fight it's a given my rallying cry is used in raid rotations right off the bat, so right off bat i lost last stand. now if my shield wall essencially becomes divine guardian, i can kiss that goodbye too. No thank you. please let me keep my shield wall, its the only CD i even have left. figure something else out please
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Thank you for the shadow 2p fix!! <3
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Still need changes to the rogue set bonuses, or at least the 2pc.
Combat is drowning in energy, cost reductions are NOT the way to go.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
warlock set pieces still seem lackluster.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
You kept the feral 4 piece terrible for cats. Please tell me your devs understand that it is a terribly situational useless 4 piece especially when half your fights prevent feral charge all together. Make it something that is consistently useful like every other DPS 4 piece.
Edited by Lupira on 9/29/2011 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
please consider the blood death knight set bonuses. the current 2 piece is not necessary due to the fact that if we hit 35% health, we're likely to hit 25% health and receive a free rune tap from will of the necropolis anyway. Also rune tap is a pretty underwhelming button to hit when we're near death given how hard we get if we have no blood shield active. the 4 piece will force us to save an ability that gives us a lot of survivability and use it for the raid further taking away from our personal survivability. blood death knights really need some help so please consider giving us bonuses which add to our personal survivability.

p.s. please show us our t13 lol
Edited by Alphax on 9/29/2011 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
lol, how can you not fix the blood 2pc
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
wtb less rng on top of rng for dk dps 2pc and 4pc kthxbai
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Feral, 2P -- Pulverize now also grants your Mangle (Bear) critical strikes a 100% chance to trigger Savage Defense, and your Blood in the Water talent now causes Ferocious Bite to refresh the duration of your Rip on targets with 60% or less health.
Feral, 4P -- Frenzied Regeneration also affects all raid and party members. This effect cannot be triggered if you have been in Bear Form for less than 15 sec. In addition, your Stampede talent now grants two charges after using Feral Charge (Cat).

Bah. I'd rather have the old 2 piece bonus back. If you're mangling three targets at once, odds are you're going to get a savage defense proc, even without the 100% guarantee.
Not guaranteed, bigger absorbs >>> Guaranteed, little absorbs
Also, we need information on the frenzied regen limitation. Does it mean a druid needs to be in bear form for at least 15 seconds of the entire fight to get this...
(ex. Fight start, bear form for 15s, go cat, go bear 4 minutes later, immediately use frenzied regen, get the bonus)
Or 15 seconds before they pop frenzied regen?
(ex. Fight start, bear form for 30 seconds, go caster to brez some idiot who stood in the fire, raid leader calls for the druid raid cooldown, go bear, immediately cast frenzied regen, no bonus)
If the druid needs to be in bear form for the 15 seconds before casting FR, this is really unfair to off-tanking druids, since they periodically go cat to do better dps.
Edited by Etamalgren on 9/29/2011 2:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Please change the hunter 2 piece, every hunter in pvp will have to use it. It will make pvpers have to raid in order to be most effective. Then again I guess it can be just another shut up pvp guy + hunters in pvp.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
The 2 pc set bonus for warriors should also be changed. It's still not a very good set bonus. The priest ones are moderately better than before, but I'm still underwhelmed by what I'm seeing. The prot pally one is just bad.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Much happier about the Healing priest set bonuses. ^.^
Happy that the duration for the Holy 2pc compensates for the time you spend channeling the spell. I was initially concerned about that as I read it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have been tanking forever and playing this game since it came out and this is my first inquiry about who attends your board meetings to discuss paladins.

Who's brilliant idea was it to nerf Divine Guardian from 2 min cd 100 yd. then give us a four piece bonus a couple months later that only undoes the nerf.

I am sorry but that lacks ingenuity and I am INSULTED that your committee on this subject has spit in the face of my entire class with this pathetic excuse of a "cool bonus." I would rather have no 4-piece bonus than have a reversion of a nerf as my bonus.

Please consider the disappointment of your paladin tanking community prior to releasing this patch.
Edited by Shendalzare on 9/29/2011 2:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest

• Shadow, 4P -- Your Shadowfiend and Shadowy Apparitions have a 100% chance to grant you 3 Shadow Orbs each time they deal damage.

• Surplus of orbs does nothing if its still capped at 3 and our only effective way of consuming them is Mind Blast on a 6.5 second cooldown.
  • Shadowfiend gives us 10 attacks in a 15 sec window, thats about 2 orbs per second, or 13 orbs per Mind Blast cooldown
  • Having Shadowy Apparitions proc orbs, just seems wrong. Mainly because they proc more often during high movement, when Mind Blast is not instant cast.

• I am hoping there is an upcoming class change to Mind Spike allowing it not to consume dots, doing so would give us a really unique rotation to consume excess orbs generated during shadowfiend. (Idea for addition to 4 Piece t13 bonus, maybe)
    Edited by Lazling on 9/29/2011 6:40 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    Please reconsider the enhancement shaman 4p bonus. With an updated version of EnhSim tweaked to match the changes we've seen so far on the PTR, it's only coming up as being worth ~1.0-1.2% dps with a priority queue and glyph selection optimized toward maximizing its performance.

At the end of the day, more maelstrom charges just aren't worth a whole lot to us. We're already being flooded with them, and casting more lightning bolts can only be done at the expense of other abilities in our priority list. Plus, lightning bolt will be weaker relative to our other abilities next patch, because we're losing the option of a spell power mainhand.
    Edited by Purge on 9/29/2011 3:18 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Druid
    "Restoration, 4P -- Your Rejuvenation and Regrowth spells have a 10% chance to Timeslip and have double the normal duration"

What a great bonus for healing people who are already at full life. How about a 10% chance to Timeslip to a near target with low health? Now that would be a 4 piece bonus worthy of this final tier.

Thekingkong
    Plow restoration druid
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Priest

Priest

• Healer, 2P -- After using Power Infusion or Divine Hymn, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for [10|23] sec. (10 sec for Discipline, 23 for non-Discipline.)
    • Healer, 4P -- Your Power Word: Shield has a 10% chance to absorb 100% additional damage and increase the mana granted by Rapture by 100%, and the duration of your Holy Word abilities is increased by 20%.

A couple comments:

Since 2P is now tied to Divine Hymn, does this mean that Discipline can use both spells to get the bonus, while non-Discipline only has Divine Hymn? Or will it be tied to the non-Discipline talented version?

4P is even more awesome for Discipline, but now it's just plain terrible for non-Discipline. Now HW: Sanctuary potentially sits a couple seconds longer in a spot from which the raid has had to move. Also it seems like you're only taking Chakra: Sanctuary into account. For Serenity, this bonus does nothing useful.

At this point I'd much rather have a random chance to shoot golden sparks out of my eyes and vomit a rainbow for 5 sec. At least it'd be pretty to look at.
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Priest

Priest

• Healer, 2P -- After using Power Infusion or Divine Hymn, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for [10|23] sec. (10 sec for Discipline, 23 for non-Discipline.)
    • Healer, 4P -- Your Power Word: Shield has a 10% chance to absorb 100% additional damage and increase the mana granted by Rapture by 100%, and the duration of your Holy Word abilities is increased by 20%.

A couple comments:

Since 2P is now tied to Divine Hymn, does this mean that Discipline can use both spells to get the bonus, while non-Discipline only has Divine Hymn? Or will it be tied to the non-Discipline talented version?

4P is even more awesome for Discipline, but now it's just plain terrible for non-Discipline. Now HW: Sanctuary potentially sits a couple seconds longer in a spot from which the raid has had to move. Also it seems like you're only taking Chakra: Sanctuary into account. For Serenity, this bonus does nothing useful.

At this point I'd much rather have a random chance to shoot golden sparks out of my eyes and vomit a rainbow for 5 sec. At least it'd be pretty to look at.

Disc needs more mana help obviously, on top of the 20k rapture procs that we're sure to see in the upcoming tier because of that set bounus.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]