Patch 4.3: Tier 13 Set Bonuses - 9/29

100 Human Warlock
[quote="32785464347"]The bonus should be roughly equivalent for all specs. The Doomguard already does significantly more damage for Demonology, so giving it an equal increase in duration would provide a much larger bonus to them.

Only because Demonology has Talents that increase the guardian pet duration. Why should Affliction and Destruction get a tier 5 Demonology talent for wearing two pieces of gear? If the extra duration is that big of a deal you change the Talent not invalidate the talent with a Tier bonus. Demonology should get a tier bonus that gives them 1/x of an affliction or destruction tier 5 talent.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Healer, 2P -- After using Power Infusion or Divine Hymn, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for [10|23] sec. (10 sec for Discipline, 23 for non-Discipline.)

Does the "After" in this case apply to after Divine Hymn is started into the cast, or "after" the channel effect of the spell is finished. In the case of it going off just after the initial cast, you end up losing, 8-non-haste sec, on a 3 min cooldown, which leaves the active time of discounted healing spells up at 15 sec instead of 23. if on the other hand its after the spell is finished being cast that would leave holy priests with the 23 sec of discounted healing as the set bonus says.

The original bonus gave us reduced mana cost for 15 sec after lightwell, so they added 8 sec to make up for the channel time of DH.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
DPS 4p is still lackluster, and both bonuses are more or less bad ideas even if the 2p has the potential to be strong.

The're particularly problematic for Frost because the spec already suffers from RNG causing resource overabundance or starvation. The 2p will just exacerbate the issue, with the 4p ALSO being RNG on top of being a weak bonus.

Frost needs less RNG, not more.

2p is also problematic for Unholy since they hardly have any GCDs to spare.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/29/2011 02:08 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Retribution, 2P -- Your Judgement ability now also generates 1 Holy Power.

WOOT FINALLY!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
So warlock 2pc should be baseline - nice bandaid fix.

and the 4pc is well......boring and lackluster. well done.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Elemental, 2P -- Elemental Mastery also grants you 2000 mastery rating 15 sec.

/em spews his coffee.
2000 mastery for 15 seconds?! I'll be firing Lightning Bolts. Chain Lightnings, and Lava Bursts like a machine gun!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I think a lot a nice quality of life fixes went in with these newest bonuses...but for the love of god please do something about the dps dk double proc bonus. It IS a dps boost, of course, the problem is that it's a quality of life nightmare. DKs aren't completely gcd locked like the days of wrath, but the times when we ARE gcd locked is...when we proc. doubling up on the procs is just going to make this feel crappy, you WILL be wasting either procs or other attacks, despite being a gain that's just no fun at all.

The 4p is just not that strong, when you consider the proc chance and how RP tends to be spent (for both specs it's often dumped all at once, so your procs will just overwrite each other anyway, then you go without for a long time). I like that they're inventive set bonuses, but they just aren't going to be very fun in practice.

Basically this. An easy fix for the 2 piece is to simply make it a chance to double the damage of your next Howling Blast/DC, and let that single DC stack up 2x towards Dark Transformation. This removes the double GCD usage and confers a similar bonus.

The other thing that concerns me is that we are getting two set bonuses that only serve to increase our already noticeable variance (Rime procs, KM procs, Runic Empowerment procs). Looking at every other DPS class and their set bonuses shows only a handful of random proc bonuses (Hunter 4 piece, Mage 2 piece, Enhance 4 piece, Warrior 4 piece). Hell, Spriests get a bonus that reduces the random aspects of their spec (Shadow Orbs).

DKs are the only class that have two extremely variable bonuses. Literally procs off of procs. Please don't go down that road.
Edited by Denik on 9/29/2011 3:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Warlock 4 set bonus will still be 30% weaker than T12 bonus used on cooldown, BUT it's a lot more viable now and we'll still wear the tier for the stat upgrades and 2set. Plus ya'll did a decent job of putting a little "fun" into making it into an occasional instant cast.

The proc is still too weak imo for a few reasons.
1) opportunity cost -- you can no longer soul shatter "healthstone" for instance, which is a very powerful life saving cooldown in a hard mode situation also.

If you hold off using soul fires to have a healthstone handy you'll likely be out dps and the tier bonus will be very weak.

Anyhoo overall the package is nice (2set included), worthwhile, and adds a "fun" element... with the drawback of sacrificing an "oh crap" survival cd. If the fight is 6minutes or under though this tier set will be 35% weaker than tier 12 for affliction/destro. If it's 7 mins or longer the 2set will pay off nicely.
Edited by Justus on 9/29/2011 4:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
The feral 4 piece for bears may need tweaking to allow bears to use tranquility, rebirth, and innervate while still being able to make use of their 4 piece bonus.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
So again, without changes Mages are forced into arcane, a tree that even my grandmother can do good dps in.

If you want to give a class an easy way to do decent dps, then give them DECENT dps, not the best dps. I still don't get why AB has 100% chance while fireball and frostbolt (which you use less in a rotation) are only 50%...
Reply Quote
89 Worgen Druid
Christ i give up, not thinking the 4 set boomkin could get any worse... Well that serves me right for picking what was behind DOOR #2
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
warrior 4set is PERFECT now not too OP not too weak

13% just might be the sweet spot.

things are looking up i guess
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
The new priest bonuses are horribly imbalanced, 100% bonus to rapture? You serious? If you're going to give an additional mana reduction bonus to discipline in the 4pc then give a mana reduction to Holy as well. A duration buff to Holy Word spells isn't very beneficial, especially given how much more disc benefits from +100% to PW:S.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Unless you create a talent that enables elemental to have the same change of reseting the fire elemental like our current 2 piece, no one will have 4 piece t13. The extra solid 2k dps give or take from having that up all the time isnt worth the haste from the procs. T13 for ele is a step in the wrong direction. Just my 2 cents.
Reply Quote
09/29/2011 01:49 PMPosted by Persp
The mage one seems odd... It looks - why is Fireball/Frostbolt a 50% chance while AB a 100% chance when AB is a faster cast?
and why haste Q_Q arc doesnt 'need' haste... that just makes us go oom faster.. now if it was mastery <3

and also probably because arcane power has a 1.5m cd default vs 2-3 for fire/frost? not sure

Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
WOOT! more holy power now son! :D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I don't see why AB should have 100% chance to proc the set bonus. Arcane is already much more powerful in PvE than the other two specs, at least for single target. It's not like they need the help.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
On behalf of every ret paladin out there, thank you for fixing the T13 2pc bonus.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest

Priest
Healer, 2P -- After using Power Infusion or Divine Hymn, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for [10|23] sec. (10 sec for Discipline, 23 for non-Discipline.)
Healer, 4P -- Your Power Word: Shield has a 10% chance to absorb 100% additional damage and increase the mana granted by Rapture by 100%, and the duration of your Holy Word abilities is increased by 20%.

I'm "ok" with 2p bonus for holy, but I am really hoping that Blizzard realizes how bad holy 4p is. Currently it is TERRIBLE. Disc scored with two RNG procs, but holy is shafted. Please, please don't tie our 4 piece into holy word spells. As a holy priest, we either need a mana regen bonus or an hps bonus. Anything but what it currently is would basically be better. A holy priest also has THREE chakra states. That bonus only really affects ONE. Basically useless.

Currently Holy Priests are really tied into having lots of spirit in their gear and have to manage their mana pool pretty closely. Our additional spell power from spirit was removed from our holy talent tree; so throw holy priests a bone and give us some 4 piece love.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I am not convinced about the enhance 2P bonus. Lightning bolt only does 10% of our damage, boosting that by 20% doesn't seem very much (especially with the death of spell power weapon). Maybe a percentage chance of a second lightning bolt would be better
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]