Patch 4.3: Tier 13 Set Bonuses - 9/29

100 Troll Druid
So the original 4pc balance bonus had no synergy with Eclipse and this one has none with shooting stars?

IS there a chance we might have some effort put into our bonus? Cause this one is bad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Please oh please make a 2p bonus that isn't so corrollated with the CHANCE you might have another rune up for Blood. Pleaaaase?! =3
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
09/29/2011 01:45 PMPosted by Zarhym
This effect cannot be triggered if you have been in Bear Form for less than 15 sec

Saw something like this coming from miles away xD
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I still don't like how were supposed to use soul shards like theyre a dps cooldown :|. As it stands theyre utility, not something like demon soul. The 2 piece is better now, but the 4 piece is still eh. I'd like it if you actually thought something out once for warlocks....

The 2 piece should also be a patch issue, because the one complaint with doomguard and infernal was that it wasnt up for every attempt. So instead of actually fixing the problem and making it like bloodlust, you stack it on a tier bonus.

WTB a developer who actually plays a warlock =/.
Edited by Limoncello on 9/29/2011 4:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I think it's a mistake to put a 15sec "must be in Bear form" restriction on a Bear 4pc. Bears don't stay in Bear form on many of the encounters 100% of the time. They go Cat and Swipe on adds when they aren't tanking, they go Cat and put up a 5 point Tiger's Furied Rip when the other tank is tanking, they pop out and brez someone that's died if they are able, they pop out and thorns themselves on something like the hatchlings on the alys encounter, they pop out and tranquility if it's required, etc.

The Cat 4pc is ridiculous and this has been mentioned a few times earlier in this thread.

Make sure energy is below 30, hurry up and run out and away from the boss (lose white hits in the process), Feral Charge back to the boss, use your two Ravage procs in such a manner as to be efficient in relation to 1) combo point usage (not spamming your two ravages while already sitting on 5 CP, but if it comes to it, also not letting the two procs go to waste) and 2) Tiger's Fury usage. Repeat every 16secs while ensuring you're not running into stuff on the ground, you won't charge into something on the ground, and that you won't get too close to someone that you're not supposed to get close to.
Edited by Torzak on 9/29/2011 4:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Healer, 2P -- After using Power Infusion or Divine Hymn, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for [10|23] sec. (10 sec for Discipline, 23 for non-Discipline.)

This is still one of the most awful bonus ever... Spend 50k mana to save 12.5k... BRILLIANT!
Also, unless you make the DH bonus proc after the channel is over, this will be 100% useless addition to disc.

Healer, 4P -- Your Power Word: Shield has a 10% chance to absorb 100% additional damage and increase the mana granted by Rapture by 100%, and the duration of your Holy Word abilities is increased by 20%.

So does this mean every rapture is 100% more?
Or does this mean only PW:S that proc our 4p bonus will award the extra mana?

If it's the first, Disc will now be spamming PW:S on CD.
If it's the second, the chance of this proccing is nearly 0% if we cast PW:S on anyone but tanks every 15sec.

also you are still referring to Holy Priests as "non-disc"

I continue to remain unimpressed... and saddened that I will be forced to stay in T12.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Holy, 2P -- After using Divine Favor, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for 15 sec.
Holy, 4P -- Increases the healing done by your Holy Radiance spell by 20%.

2 P seems really bad. 15 seconds of + spell power once every 3 minutes? Are people not pushing the divine favor button often enough and you want to remind people to use it again?

4 P may be good.. especially if the HR now is targeted and radiates from the target.

I'd say

2P .. Copy shammy... make it activate after using Divine Plea.
4P .. as is
Reply Quote
Your holy priest set looks a little better. It would still be better if you combined divine hymn and hymn of hope so that it's a mana regaining cooldown like the other healing sets.

The 4 piece is still bad unless you have something up your sleeve besides just the mana reduction for sanctuary to make the holy word spells actually worth using. Even still...it's still fairly mediocre.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
These Priest set bonus changes aren't doing anything except making the disc ones better.

1. Disc Priests will double dip on the two piece as they can also cast Divine Hymn.

2. Why even add the double rapture proc to the 4piece for Disc? They by far have the best regen of any healer as is.... and they get to double dip on the two piece.

3. The four set needs a complete rework for Holy Priests. Just trash tieing anything to Holy Word spells because they are so situational. You also realize that this four piece will add like.... 2 seconds onto the spells? That is nothing.

Suggestions:

2 Piece:
Tie the two piece into Hymn of Hope instead of our raid cooldown and have Heavenly Voice reduce the cooldown of Hymn of Hope by 1.5/3 minutes.

4 Piece:
Scrap the holy word ideas and change it to: Your Hymn of Hope now is guaranteed to restore mana to the Priest every tick.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
For resto Shaman here is my problem with the 2pc bonus.

First off tying it to a CD that is usually reserved for when you hit x amount of mana is lackluster. This is also my issue with the resto druid 2pc.

So you want us to drop mana tide for when there is presumably a lot of raid damage so that we can get the full effect of the 15s of cheaper heals. The problem with that is that mana tide also takes away healing stream totem which is only good when there is heavy damage. So we are looking at a 2-3k hps loss during that point with average gear.

The other thing that stinks is that you also lose the glyph of healing stream totem effect during mana tide. Some raids that dont run with a paladin find the resistance kinda important and would be very detrimental during a heavy damage phase that you presumably want us to use this in.

So fix it by allowing the glyph to work on water totems and the mana tide totem to also do the healing effect of healing stream. Or even better tie it with Spirit Link Totem, something we would actually use during heavy damage.

Also since you decided to tie together Divine Hymn with the priest 2pc it only makes sense to tie the resto druid 2pc to Tranquility. Since they seem to be forcing us to use the bonus at heavy raid damage spikes to actually get anything out of it it would make sense to put it with an ability that we use during those times.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
All 4 of the DK bonuses are complete garbage. No reason at all to get the Tier over offset pieces unless one or the other is itemized a lot better.
Edited by Volké on 9/29/2011 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
09/29/2011 01:45 PMPosted by Zarhym
We've made several adjustment to the tier 13 set bonuses.

So still no changes to the Derp blood dk 2p that fails all over the place?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
NEW --
Warlock

2P -- The duration of your Doomguard and Infernal summons is increased by [20|30] sec and the cooldown of of those spells is reduced by 4 min. (20 for Demonology, 30 for non-Demonology.)

I'm sure this is a typo, and haven't checked if anyone else has seen this yet.

But, shouldn't demonology have a higher summon duration than non-demonology?

OLD --
Warlock

2P -- The duration of your Doomguard and Infernal summons is increased by [15|45] sec and the cooldown of of those spells is reduced by 4 min. (45 for Demonology, 15 for non-Demonology.)

Wow demonology got huge nerf while non demonology got a buff for demons lol...
Reply Quote
Enhancement Shaman bonus not so appealing to me, it would be nice if:

Enhancement, 2P -- While your Maelstrom Weapon is active, your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, and healing spells deal 10% more healing or damage per application.
(it eventually will hit softer since we cannot use sp weapon, this is to compensate enhancement shaman for certain spell)

Enhancement, 4P -- When your Feral Spirits is active, all your damage is increase by 12%.
(unless blizz want us to fire lightning bolt non stop while the wolf is out, wasting gcd)
(as mw5 tend to build up real fast)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Although set bonuses make for part of the grind and effort set forth to gather the initial tier sets, I've come to more or less disregard teir set bonuses because it isn't like they're going to gimp your DPS. If worst comes to worst it'll just be useless rather than boosting you.

I understand that tankadin 4P could be better and now that they nerfed the 2P by 5% I find that they are on some bandwagon that says Paladins need a harder nerf, but hey. That's just me. I find that I don't survive any better or less than another with the same gear as I do (save for bears).

I suppose you could say I'm just rolling over like a kicked terrier, but I don't give two hoots. The 2/4P should -not- be what you focus your rotation around. It should just be something to add a perk to, not make you a god. Relax.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
09/29/2011 02:02 PMPosted by Kotaké
Wow, so you want every mage to be arcane. It seems when you guys asked for class feedback you never listened...At all, no one likes arcane Zar

Because Combustion and Icy Veins are haste buffs?
Reply Quote
This is still one of the most awful bonus ever... Spend 50k mana to save 12.5k... BRILLIANT!
Also, unless you make the DH bonus proc after the channel is over, this will be 100% useless addition to disc.

This is a logical fallacy I've seen several times now. I spend more mana to get this bonus than I will ever save, therefore the bonus is useless.

True - if you were only hitting your PI or Divine Hymn in order to get the bonus. But that isn't true, so the set bonus is just an additional plus to using the spell.

The problem with this bonus is - does it start at the beginning or the end of the CD in question? For DH that's 8 seconds of worthlessness (although the lightwell one was 15 seconds anyway so they may have just tagged 8 seconds on to account for the channel time on DH). For Disc, it is basically a buff to the mana cost reduction of PI. I agree neither bonus is particularly stellar, especially compared to 2pc t12, but they are not worthless.

So does this mean every rapture is 100% more?
Or does this mean only PW:S that proc our 4p bonus will award the extra mana?

Can almost guarantee the rapture bonus is tied to the proc. Also, if you only ever shield tanks you are doing it wrong.

I continue to remain unimpressed... and saddened that I will be forced to stay in T12.

This would be very silly as the t12 bonuses will not make up for the massive loss of stats.

The 4pc for Holy is still not that hot - it still reads like "you guys never use HW:Sanc like we thought you would, lets see if buffing your HW:Sanc will make you use it more". I am not a fan of experimental set bonuses. Alas, they will probably leave this one alone now whether it gets us to use HW:Sanc or not.

Will it work? There is potential if they lower the mana cost on HW:Sanc enough - but it is going to have to be A LOT lower to actually get us to try to snag some healing with this spell in anything but the most contrived stacking situations.

And even if it works I'm not sure I like having my set bonus tied to a Healing Rain mechanic. Let the Shaman's be gimped by their over-reliance on floor aoe, please.

Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
soo whens this patch expected to be out
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
BiS
09/29/2011 05:50 PMPosted by Spartanos
Wow, so you want every mage to be arcane. It seems when you guys asked for class feedback you never listened...At all, no one likes arcane Zar

Because Combustion and Icy Veins are haste buffs?

Combustion isn't a haste buff, bro.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=83853
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
09/29/2011 01:49 PMPosted by Persp
The mage one seems odd... It looks - why is Fireball/Frostbolt a 50% chance while AB a 100% chance when AB is a faster cast?

Because Arcane stacks haste and benefits from it the most.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]