Patch 4.3: Tier 13 Set Bonuses - 9/29

90 Draenei Paladin
Are you joking us? Why has Blizzard opened a class feedback topic and then completely ignore it.
Ret players surely will love even more RNG and proc reliance!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
So all throughout the class feedback thread, hell since Cata has launched, Retribution Paladins have been telling you we are too RNG dependent and that our damage is too heavily tied into our burst.

So what do you do for our Tier 13 bonuses?

2 Piece: More RNG, hell yeah!

4 Piece: More burst dependence, double hell yeah!

I mean really? Does anyone up there even have a clue what's going on?

Oh and I thought it was hilarious the Prot's 4P is just Divine Guardian in it's original unnerfed form, gotta hand it to you that made me laugh.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
This game needs ***fewer*** raid cooldowns, the game does not need the proliferation of raid cooldowns. Not only that, but by reducing the cooldown on Divine Guardian, you're basically carving in stone that you intend for progression oriented guilds to exclusively use Protection Paladins as their main tank.

Also, the Shaman ones are generally pretty terrible. Elemental WILL NOT USE TIER 13 4-set bonus, I'm saying it right now, and I'm predicting that late in 4.3 not far from 5.0, Blizzard will realize this and make changes then. Permanent Fire Elemental is too big of a dps boost, and a spec that traditionally has difficulty remaining under the haste cap during Hero/Bloodlust and/or with Elemental Mastery going does not need a set bonus that gives random amounts of haste.

As for Enhancement, having a set bonus increase Maelstrom Weapon x1 Lightning Bolt by 20% will only force the spec into hard-casting these spells even more than they already are. The 4 piece is probably finally a pretty cool bonus, the first one of the expansion for Enhancement, but the 2 piece is terrible unless it a) stacks to 5 for a 100% boost, or b) only applies to 5 stacks which is what I strongly suggest doing. Without changes, Enhancement will be a pseudo caster for the rest of the expansion, throwing lightning bolts with cast times mixed with lava bursts and so on. Please don't do that to us more than you already have.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Rogue set bonuses are pretty counter-productive for combat.
We're literally drowning in energy already, cost reductions and an AR duration increase is not a good idea.
Reply Quote
7 Undead Warlock
Are you joking us? Why has Blizzard opened a class feedback topic and then completely ignore it.
Ret players surely will love even more RNG and proc reliance!

Feel the same way.

They ask for feedback. Combat rogues tell them "our energy capping is annoying".

We get 2 bonuses that make the problem worse.

/confused.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
DPS warrior bonuses are terrible. I don't understand the 2pc at all. Reduced rage cost of an ability that we use to dump rage? Huh? 4pc is pretty awful too, since warriors only use execute enough to keep stacks of executioner up. We do not spam that ability anymore, Blizzard, and haven't since the end of Burning Crusade. My suggestion for our bonuses should be maybe along the lines of taking certian abilites off the GCD, like our battle/comm shouts, or maybe keep the bonus like we have now for dps 2pc. I like that one a lot. I have no idea on a suggestion for the 4pc, since a lot of my ideas that I can come up with now have already been used or are too similar to other set bonuses. Please, don't have these go live.

Edit: These set bonuses are so bad I would much rather use off pieces than use the tier. The only way I would use the tier now would be if the itemization was much better than the off pieces. That's it.
Edited by Augstus on 9/24/2011 7:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Healer, 2P -- After using Power Infusion or Lightwell, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for [10|15] sec. (10 sec for Discipline, 15 for non-Discipline.)

i do prefer the t12 bonus :/
Reply Quote
Same type of bonuses like every other tier gear; couldn't they do something different/cool?

Pretty mundane.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Having a set bonus that effects the class/spec instead of 1 or 2 spells makes much more sense.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'm not a fan at all of the ret bonuses, especially the 2pc.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Warrior 2pc is very interesting, but isn't inner rage's intended use to burn excess rage (i.e: Rage from raid dmg or Executionerx5 + hero). Now it will be intended to be used on CD. (That said, with current hit lvls, we are more or less already using it on CD, but it still defeats the purpose of the ability).

Warrior 4pc is possibly the worst set bonus ever designed. We only ever execute sub 20% , Crit will probably be at 40% crit with those gear lvls, then the proc is 20%, then they have to be crits while CS is up (to refresh it.. not reset). One other thing is that Execute is not spammed from 20% to dead boss, the rotation is still maintained. I don't have hard maths regarding the theoretical dps gain, but I really think that unless we switch to execute spamming when CS is up and hope for a crit, we really wont see a whole of 4pc action.
Also, the 4set is a lot less useful for arms than Fury, since arms get CS duration reset... Killing Arms PvE DPS, business as usual.

I think a bonus related to Execute is pretty cool, but given the fact its sub20% only, the bonus would technically have to be 5 times greater than bonuses that affect regular rotation. a MUCH better 4set would be that "Execute can now be used at 30%" for example.

ALSO, PLEASE TAKE SHOUTS OFF GCD!
One mo' thing: Make the buff from T12 2pc (Burning RAGE) an enrage effect...
Edited by Yohano on 9/24/2011 7:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Warrior
DPS Warrior bonuses are completely awful. Complete redo on those.

Rest look good though.
Reply Quote
92 Pandaren Warrior
That DPS Warrior 4p is terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Wow. 2pc is going to be insane for demo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
ah! please say this patch favors demo locks. 1min 40sec doomguard in demo w/ a 6min cd. and the 10% spellpower is so hot.... changing my macro to pop soulburn after im in meta ;)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
All of these set bonuses seem really cool, and they definitely deviate away from Blizzard's usual scheme of set bonuses.

For once, tanks don't get some bonus damage to one of their skills as a two piece, and I'm glad that they made an attempt to tie our damage in with survivability. (Now revert the 5x threat change please)

Really everybody except Ret Paladins should be happy.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Warlock set bonuses - napkin math
2set fairly weak for affliction/destro if the cd does not have time to come up again.

4set very weak - probably only around 166 dps on a 6.5minute fight. Even if you could constantly refresh soul shards without losing dps it would only be 500-600 dps.

conclusion: you should double or triple the value of the 4set bonus to make it worth mentioning.

Edited by Justus on 9/24/2011 9:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
I'm so sad about the only 2 changes to hunters there should be way more like the other classes

Hunters are a pure dps class, much like a Mage/Rogue. There will be no other set bonuses unlike Priest/Druids/Shammies
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
09/24/2011 06:58 PMPosted by Augstus
DPS warrior bonuses are terrible. I don't understand the 2pc at all. Reduced rage cost of an ability that we use to dump rage? Huh? 4pc is pretty awful too, since warriors only use execute enough to keep stacks of executioner up. We do not spam that ability anymore, Blizzard, and haven't since the end of Burning Crusade. My suggestion for our bonuses should be maybe along the lines of taking certian abilites off the GCD, like our battle/comm shouts, or maybe keep the bonus like we have now for dps 2pc. I like that one a lot. I have no idea on a suggestion for the 4pc, since a lot of my ideas that I can come up with now have already been used or are too similar to other set bonuses. Please, don't have these go live.

agree about T13 although the T12 bonus was not good at all. Shouts were always a rage management tool and T12 forcing youo to use it off CD in a rotation whether you actually needed the rage or not was poor, you were wasting globals better spent on dps on a lot of fight. take for example sinestra, you have infiniet rage as is, on that fight normally i'd waste no global CDs on shouts, add in T12, and now i'm wasting a global every 40 seconds. That was a terrible bonus. so T13 is a step up fro that at least, just not a very good one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]