Rogue Legendary Daggers: First Look

(Locked)

88 Tauren Druid
Seriously, Warlocks, just because you have been whining for something and haven't got it doesn't mean you have to go QQ on Rogue Legendary's threads. That isn't going to help you at all.

Grats to rogues, I see less and less rogues every day, and since a rogue was my first class played, I am happy to see them coming back for the legendaries.

As for you all saying this is our 3rd legendary/s, let's have a look.

Thunderfury - Usable by ALL classes that can use 1 handed swords. Warriors were preferred for this weapon over rogues.

Warglaives - Another weapon usable by not just rogues, but warriors also. (Death knights later on, but when they were outdated.)

New Legendaries; Rogue only.
You won't be seeing any more Rogue only items for a long time now, so stop !@#$%ing about it, and be happy your class may be coming soon.

Pro tip - Warriors aren't getting anything anytime soon, either.

Personally, I think it's time for a new healing legendary. We have had one, ever.

You forgot Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is actually a play on Batman I feel. When you really look at it all.

Nice never the less.
86 Dwarf Shaman
Blizzard, please don't make us poor shamans cry. We don't care if we can't use them to deal decent dps, JUST LET US MAKE AND USE THEM!!!

I want my wings T.T

I must agree shaman have never had a real epic ever.

Hand of Rag, never went to shaman in classic unless you worked it or somehow pugged it at the end. And blizzard killed two handed shaman right after. Shaman did not raid enhancement in any event.

Thunderfury, um no

Atiesh, "shaman don't use staffs" by most players standards.

Warglaive's no, even though MANY shaman thought they should have been made useable for shaman by making them a new weapon class or making them daggers or letting shaman use swords as thrall is often depicted as doing.

Thori'dal, NO!

Val'anyr, for healing shaman not really DPS shaman, and EVERY OTHER class has had a DPS option up to this point. Throwing a healing legendary bone is no bone at all.

Dragonwrath, a staff, still not a shaman DPS weapon unless the shaman compromises something. Also the same social barrier as Atiesh and hand of rag.

Its time for you guys to include shaman in on something or your just being bias to shaman yet again. Keep in mind to this day Shaman are the only class not to get a raiding DPS weapon without compromises and social barriers. And THE DPS Melee hybrid that has NEVER had a melee legendary. You can easily make this weapon Rogue and Shaman.
Edited by Drekmore on 9/25/2011 7:58 AM PDT
85 Worgen Rogue
Legendary targeted to just rogues? You better not if you know whats good for you.

Those daggers better be made usable by shaman.

Or what? In a convoluted way you sound as if you're making a threat to Blizzard and it's staff there bucko.

09/25/2011 07:56 AMPosted by Drekmore

Hand of Rag was useable by shamans, Val'anyr was useable by shamans and Dragonwrath is useable by shamans. There, three legendary weapons that were useable by a shaman.

Hand of Rag, was it available to a shaman, yes. Was it great for them, no but it was still available, therefore that is 1 legendary available to the class.

Atiesh, it was useable by a shaman, sure it's a staff but it's useable. I know several shaman who use a staff since it was what was best for them at the time. **oops, went on the reference of the above poster who seemed to say it was, it wasn't. my bad for not verifying it.**

Val'anyr was available to a resto spec'ed shaman, so there's a second legendary available to a shaman.

Dragonwrath is the current legendary and yes, it too is available to an elemental shaman. Is it being handed to them first, no, but it's still available to them, so that's three.

Yes rogues have had a good number available to them, Thunderfury (and every guild out there was handing them to rogues over tanks, right?) as well as the warglaives. Those were useable by one spec of rogues, which is what you seem to be complaining about in regards to shamen, things useable by only one spec and not by the class as a whole. Thori....that was nothing more than a stat stick and a mediocre one at that. Yes Shamen haven't had a class specific legendary but they've had three, one for each spec thus far, rogues have had 2 (Thunder and Warglaives) that were only useable by one spec and as for the bow, they were generally given to hunters first, not always but generally.

The lore reason for the daggers to be rogue only has already been released and I highly doubt Blizz is going to retract that due to all the QQ regarding other people saying their class/spec deserves a legendary more, personally tanks deserve one in my opinion, something every tank class can use.

And from a strictly greed perspective I'd much rather get daggers in, say, patch 5.2 so that they're good/great in 5.2 and 5.3, maybe even in 5.4. Yes rogues are getting a legendary, and end of expansion legendary so unless Cata is dragged out tot he level ICC felt like it was the daggers' lifespan will be short lived then in 5.2 someone else can get a legendary.

I'm also not liking the look of the daggers, they look too...sparkly. It looks like they have that odd blade glow effect that the several Firelands weapons have and I don't like that look at all. I'm also not a fan of the fire in the middle of them. They look alright, they're identifiable, but I don't really care for their overall appearance.
Edited by Mikayshen on 9/25/2011 8:41 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
!!!!gotta make a rogue now!!!!
90 Undead Rogue
09/25/2011 08:34 AMPosted by Mikayshen
Atiesh, it was useable by a shaman, sure it's a staff but it's useable.

No it wasn't.
50 Goblin Hunter
Legendary targeted to just rogues? You better not if you know whats good for you.

Do you have a different shaman that you raid on? If not, why do you care?

09/25/2011 08:34 AMPosted by Mikayshen
And from a strictly greed perspective I'd much rather get daggers in, say, patch 5.2 so that they're good/great in 5.2 and 5.3, maybe even in 5.4. Yes rogues are getting a legendary, and end of expansion legendary so unless Cata is dragged out tot he level ICC felt like it was the daggers' lifespan will be short lived then in 5.2 someone else can get a legendary.

This, pretty much. It'll probably be a short tier, so unless they take way less time to make than the staff they more than likely won't be in use for long. I don't think some classes are taking that into account, though.
90 Orc Death Knight
To all those asking if they let you fly.. it's already been stated that the wings are purely AESTHETIC (like t6 lock).

http://us.battle.net/wow/es/forum/topic/3229035130#4

Blizzard post, Google translate Spanish -> English.

Sorry to disappoint.
85 Worgen Rogue
09/25/2011 09:21 AMPosted by Kalut
To all those asking if they let you fly.. it's already been stated that the wings are purely AESTHETIC (like t6 lock).

I don't care, they're still 20% cooler than Warlock wings.
90 Human Death Knight
I wanna know how giving the daggers the ability to grant wings came about... I can just see it now..

Ron: Hey guys, next patch we're going to design a legendary for one class, and that one class will be a rogue. Now, we already kind of dropped the ball on the batman-esq design for their tier, so lets give them something really rogue themed with the daggers. Any suggestions?

Paul: WINGS! GIVE THEM WINGS! NOTHING SCREAMS STEALTH MORE THAN WINGS AND FLIGHT!

Ron: Paul, I don't think you quite understand what "stealth" is. Rogues are a class who dwell in the shadows, silently waiting to assassinate their foes.

Paul: THEY WILL HAVE WINGS!

Ron: Okay Paul, since you have rank I suppose you win this one...

Paul: WINGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
85 Worgen Rogue
Catharlex...that's exactly how it happened. I'm sure of it. It all makes sense.

Honestly wings are cool and all, but I would have preferred a transformation to one of the two legged dragonkin things more, maybe even making that the dps proc, maybe it adds to agility or something.
90 Pandaren Warrior
Make me Bigger and I'll be Bane "the bat back breaker" :)
90 Gnome Mage
Je suis Batman et je peux respirer dans l’espace.
90 Undead Warlock
WTB Warlock demon wing flight, ty
86 Dwarf Shaman

Or what? In a convoluted way you sound as if you're making a threat to Blizzard and it's staff there bucko.

09/25/2011 07:56 AMPosted by Drekmore

Hand of Rag was useable by shamans, Val'anyr was useable by shamans and Dragonwrath is useable by shamans. There, three legendary weapons that were useable by a shaman.

Hand of Rag, was it available to a shaman, yes. Was it great for them, no but it was still available, therefore that is 1 legendary available to the class.

Only threat is that of customer who won't pay anymore. A lot of shaman out there have held on since classic.

Well then rogues had healing mace too. Thus do not need another weapon. Using your logic. Was it great for them, no, but still useable and did damage. (note sarcastic response, i don't really think this way)

As for staffs, you give up a lot of armour to use a staff. So you will not mind if rogues lose half of their defence to get these daggers? When enchantments and stats are factored in its possible for a staff to be less useful, on top of the obvious impossibility in convincing a guild to give a shaman a staff.

I addressed everything you are arguing already so it is pointless to reissue the obvious.
Edited by Drekmore on 9/25/2011 10:55 AM PDT
86 Dwarf Shaman

Do you have a different shaman that you raid on? If not, why do you care?

No i don't raid with this shaman anymore, for obvious reasons. It doesn't mean I should not be allowed to speak on the issue.
Edited by Drekmore on 9/25/2011 10:58 AM PDT
85 Human Death Knight
pretty dumb honestly
90 Orc Death Knight
I was super hyped until I found out you couldn't fly with them. Oh well. Just another legendary.
85 Undead Rogue
OMFG A freaking Elven Rogue Solar. Weak
ROFL Blizzard: Someone quick cgi Goliath from gargoyles and give him daggers.

Legendary weapons do not make legendary players.

Ill stick with MH skinning knife and of OH grey dagger. To avoid looking like fairy floating freak.

This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]