Rogue Legendary Daggers: First Look

(Locked)

100 Blood Elf Warrior
People need to realize that rogues have been the forgotten race so much lately. Almost every boss favors range and rogues overall class almost useless.

-People don't need rogues for locked boxes anymore
-Sap means little when almost every class has a CC
-Most bosses favor range
-Rogue only made for DPS, can't tank or heal
-Rogues give out NO buffs unless its sub which is only good for pvp
-Rogue gear always taken by druids or huntards

really, rogues have it so bad now, they NEED this

class you mean, haha

I have a 85 rogue, don't play him, cos he's boring :OOO, im bringin no hate to the rogue legendary :OOOO
1 Human Rogue
People need to realize that rogues have been the forgotten race so much lately. Almost every boss favors range and rogues overall class almost useless.

-Most bosses favor range

I think you meant class not race.
Sap is CC and a nice one. You also have blind.
Bosses favoring ranged affects more than just rogues.
Rogues have more utility than most classes.
I'm sorry I had no idea anything with agility was ONLY FOR YOU. It's not like we have people share int gear or strength gear... oh wait.
Edited by Gossip on 9/23/2011 9:55 AM PDT
09/23/2011 09:48 AMPosted by Qubertone
WTF blizz. Roges got daggers in BC. Where is the damn feral druid legendary. We havnt gotten anything since 60 naxx and neather have the tanks for that matter. You all should just git it over with, spit in our face, and delete our class. I mean its nice to see that you all did at lease make a staff that changes how we look but that is no legendary.

Warglaives of Azzinoth aren't daggers. So only combat was able to use them. Subtlety and assassination have never had a legendary.
85 Human Priest
hey at least I got to use my valanyr in toc after they buffed it, thats cool it doesnt do anything else or even mog
Lookin' good, Blizz. Red daggers give you wings!

I know it's probably futile, but I'd like to throw out a suggestion: please let the majority of the quests and lore for this legendary be attemptable by anyone, and only make the last few quests for the daggers themselves OMGWTFBBQ hard. See, I'm a lore fan, and I'm still sad about missing all those awesome-seeming quests for Tarecgosa's Rest. I'd really like to be able to experience the lore around these legendaries.

And I'm not saying everyone should get a chance at the legendary. Legendaries are supposed to be for a tiny segment of the population, and I'm totally fine with that. I don't care if my only rewards for the quests are 17 silver and an "Atta boy!" I just want the lore. So, what I'd like is for all the lore-important quests to be open to any rogue, and just have the last one or two have hard raiding requirements. The legendary is still legendary, and people like me don't have to miss out on the fun.
90 Blood Elf Hunter

-Most bosses favor range

Oh please, rogues are a race now? And what gear are hunters always taking? your leet agi leather? the one handed daggers that are useless to us because the 2 handers have better stats. Man come out the TBC, oh and if we are living in the past you got thunderfury warglaives and the bow. All you could use, and lots of rogues did. Feral druids got nothing, and hunters got a bow that was useless right after getting it, a bow that rogues and wars could take.
85 Draenei Shaman
Awesome =D
90 Worgen Warlock

-Most bosses favor range

Of course heroic V&T required a rogue, sub does great dps in pve (but you DO have to be a great player to make it happen) Rogues are pulling INSANE dps in raids atm. Only holy paladins don't get their gear stolen, but it also never drops. Everybody loves sap. Rogues still open boxes at no cost. Also rogues are not a race.
90 Goblin Warlock
Will they always be visible, or will it be similar to the warlock t6 and work as a proc?
90 Blood Elf Hunter
09/23/2011 09:54 AMPosted by Atejin
Warglaives of Azzinoth aren't daggers. So only combat was able to use them. Subtlety and assassination have never had a legendary.

seriously are we going by spec now for legendary weps...cause im sure there are a few specs in the game that never got one.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Well, small models on weapons are not, that looks truely legendary.
95 Gnome Warlock
Happy Friday, everyone!

We'd like to get this day started by offering you a first look at the legendary daggers coming with the patch 4.3 raid, Dragon Soul. We've got them set up on a night elf rogue wearing the upcoming tier 13 armor.

<a href="http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150323249109034&set=a.10150277767579034.343653.138011799033&type=1&theater">http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150323249109034&set=a.10150277767579034.343653.138011799033&type=1&theater</a>

Enjoy!

So you gave rogues legendary's to make them look like batman?
85 Gnome Rogue
09/23/2011 09:54 AMPosted by Atejin
WTF blizz. Roges got daggers in BC. Where is the damn feral druid legendary. We havnt gotten anything since 60 naxx and neather have the tanks for that matter. You all should just git it over with, spit in our face, and delete our class. I mean its nice to see that you all did at lease make a staff that changes how we look but that is no legendary.

In BC Sub used hemo, they used the Warglaives.
85 Worgen Rogue
My day.....just got a million times cooler after seeing this. DO WANT!!!

That image turned what I think the one of the ugliest most hideous set in the game to quite possibly one of the coolest. Assuming we get the wings of course. :P
90 Orc Rogue
I love you Blizzard.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/23/2011 10:02 AMPosted by Xenden

In BC Sub used hemo, they used the Warglaives.

In BC, Sub was worthless.
I really hope the wings are just for show.
90 Worgen Warlock
I hope it's just a clickie out-of-combat-effect like Dragonwrath.

If not, the first pair of permanent wings in-game goes to a legendary that only one class can use? Great. If the wings are an effect that is on all the time, the melee are going to have tons of fun seeing things around their teammates' giant flapping appendages. I don't think they needed massive permanent wings just because their legendary is "less visible" than everyone else's.

Heck, Dragonwrath (along with every other weapon ever) gets covered up by power torrent, including our transmogrifies. There are no visual effects when the dang thing even procs. It's a stack stick with slightly different bits on it that glows purple and orange like every other raiding DPS caster wielding a staff in the entirety of WoW. There are other "less visible" legendaries (the newer ones, lately) that find unique ways to stick out from all the other flashy epics, and to help the weapon stick out on races that have smaller weapon models, without being over the top. Val'anyr's shield effect, for example, made up for the fact that people never look at healer weapons. Shadowmourne had the spirit effect when you fully stacked it.

I just want some consistency. Previous legendaries with less visible models got obvious procs with big, unique visual effects. Dragonwrath gets a proc that has no visual effect, gets all its details covered up by the standard caster enchant, and its unique effect is only out-of-combat. Then rogues get wings.

TL;DR: I'm jealous and hate power torrent and Dragonwrath should do something like spawn a roaring ghostly tarecgosa on you for a split second when it procs.
Edited by Naerina on 9/23/2011 10:09 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Rogue
In bc 4pc/4pc hemo spec was not worthless. Dint listen to the nub rogue. The only spec rogue hasn't gotten a legendary for is assassination. And it's about time :)
90 Undead Warrior
cant wait to get wtf pwn by rogues in 4.3 so gona be fun
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]