Vegeta > Kakarrot

85 Human Paladin
Everyone I know says they love Goku, yeah sure, he is more powerful than Vegeta, but Vegeta had the most and best character development. From being the villian, to the anti-hero, to finally a good guy, he really drives the show to it's best moments.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
He's more ruthless than Goku, but has the crippling flaw of arrogance. It's what got his butt kicked as a villain and what keeps getting his butt kicked.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Gohan was better than both of them. Of course, they had to ruin his character and the end of DBZ by having Goku come and save the day again.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
09/24/2011 02:21 PMPosted by Ferlion
Gohan was better than both of them. Of course, they had to ruin his character and the end of DBZ by having Goku come and save the day again.

and Trunks was better than Gohan. He cut Frieza to ribbons and then TURNED HIS REMAINS INTO ASH.
then he killed Frieza's dad too! what a boss.

When i was in Japan i bought a Trunks Cola. that's how awesome he is, he has his own soda.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
09/23/2011 05:24 PMPosted by Protstitoot
From being the villian, to the anti-hero, to finally a good guy, he really drives the show to it's best moments.

You just described Piccolo.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Vegeta is my favorite of all of them, but you have to admit that hes the root cause of everything thats ever goes wrong in Z.

If not for him Freezer would never have learned about the dragonballs
If not for him Cell would never have been completed.
If not for him Majin Buu would never have been released.

Piccolo at least saves more lifes than he ever endangered.

And GT is not Cannon.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
Vegeta is my favorite of all of them, but you have to admit that hes the root cause of everything thats ever goes wrong in Z.

If not for him Freezer would never have learned about the dragonballs
If not for him Cell would never have been completed.
If not for him Majin Buu would never have been released.

Piccolo at least saves more lifes than he ever endangered.

And GT is not Cannon.

I know that GT wasn't based on the original story by Toriyama, but was he not involved with the project at all?
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Rogue
Piccolo for president.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

09/26/2011 01:27 PMPosted by Warcrimes
I know that GT wasn't based on the original story by Toriyama, but was he not involved with the project at all?

He had some minimal involvement at the start.

Some fans do not consider GT canon due to the fact that this series was not directly written by Akira Toriyama. Additionally, GT was not originally produced as manga like its predecessors Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, and contains minor events which seem inconsistent with its predecessor anime adaptation (see list of inconsistencies in Dragon Ball GT).

Though Toriyama did not personally write GT, he did strictly oversee its production; this was the same process that was used during the production of the anime series Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. He drew a rough design for the GT logo, and he designed the GT appearance of the series main cast, as well as the appearances of Giru and the GT spaceship used in the Black Star Dragon Ball Saga. He also drew at least three color pictures of Goku, Pan, and Trunks adventuring on various planets (Monmaasu, Rudeeze, and an unnamed planet).

Toriyama seems to have positive feelings towards his works' continuation, as he drew his version of Super Saiyan 4 Goku, exclusively for the Dragon Box GT.

Characters and events from GT have been included in more recent Dragon Ball video games. With regards to inconsistencies, GT in fact has the least inconsistencies of all three anime series, making it difficult to cite the few that exist as reason for the series to be set aside as non-canon.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_GT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
DBGT was so awful that I refuse to even acknowledge it's existence, much less consider it canon.
Reply Quote
35 Tauren Paladin
Hmm, I actually liked GT and wish that they had continued the series.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Roshi > Vegeta > Piccolo
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
09/27/2011 04:18 AMPosted by Celyndrashad

He had some minimal involvement at the start.

Some fans do not consider GT canon due to the fact that this series was not directly written by Akira Toriyama. Additionally, GT was not originally produced as manga like its predecessors Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, and contains minor events which seem inconsistent with its predecessor anime adaptation (see list of inconsistencies in Dragon Ball GT).

Though Toriyama did not personally write GT, he did strictly oversee its production; this was the same process that was used during the production of the anime series Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. He drew a rough design for the GT logo, and he designed the GT appearance of the series main cast, as well as the appearances of Giru and the GT spaceship used in the Black Star Dragon Ball Saga. He also drew at least three color pictures of Goku, Pan, and Trunks adventuring on various planets (Monmaasu, Rudeeze, and an unnamed planet).

Toriyama seems to have positive feelings towards his works' continuation, as he drew his version of Super Saiyan 4 Goku, exclusively for the Dragon Box GT.

Characters and events from GT have been included in more recent Dragon Ball video games. With regards to inconsistencies, GT in fact has the least inconsistencies of all three anime series, making it difficult to cite the few that exist as reason for the series to be set aside as non-canon.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_GT

If he oversaw it and signed off on everything, that's enough for me to consider it canon. If the creator says, "yeah, I'm cool with this," that's close enough to him creating it IMO.
Reply Quote
88 Human Rogue
In the end goku and vegeta both reach level 4 and perform the fusion dance, which means both of their power levels were equal because the only way the fusion dance can be performed is if they are both equals it explains it around the time when trunks and goten are trying to master it to fight off buu so in the end Vegeta and Goku were the same strength....only different is....vegeta has this...... ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Vegeta seemed to be the story's engine, as has been stated.

Goku was pretty well written to be the cleanup/hero of the story, due to Vegeta's mistakes and desires to face a foe that might have been better left alone, or not allowed to form/finalize themselves.

As stated, for DB, Piccolo was basically the driving force of the story; DBZ it was Vegeta. DBGT AFAIK doesn't exist.

While Vegeta was a vastly more engaging personality, the problem of power creep is pretty well established in DBZ the whole way through. The big issue I have with DBZ is essentially fight flow: how long can someone get molly-womped on before they simply become numb to pain and unable to respond? The psyche is pretty strong; it's only so strong. Then again, maybe becoming something no longer mere moral (SS1) does stuff similar to magic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]