Blizzcon - anyone going?

90 Draenei Shaman
Few of us from Inversion will be there. Anyone else going to Blizzcon?

Man our forums are dead.. just like the Ravencrest table at the realm meets at Blizzcon!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I wish I could go, but I had to spend all my money on an audiology convention in Boston :(

That being said, any Bostonians out there?
Reply Quote
64 Undead Mage
I think I'll go, and bring a few copies of my Storytime book for attendees :-)

Of course, it all depends on my girlfriend and her mood at the time
Edited by Triv on 9/30/2011 8:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
88 Troll Hunter
Shadowpope - I am fairly close to Boston, about 2 1/2 hour drive (I'm in Vermont). My hubby and I, Darmoch, Zargred, and Padook last year were all there for PAX East. When are you going to be in Boston?

Also, I am too poor to go to Blizzcon so I console myself with the vanity pet.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Do you mean the 24th Annual Convention of the American Academy of Audiology, the last week in March?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Raz - March 27-31. 2 1/2 hours is a bit of a hike :/ When is PAX this year?

Triv - ...yes
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
88 Troll Hunter
PAX is Easter weekend this year, so not the same time I will be down there. :(

2 1/2 hours sadly is not much when I think about it, since there is a not a lot close to me and I have to drive 1 1/2 to get to the closest mall... =P
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
You live in Pettycoat Junction?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Gonna try to go next year, just too much goin on this year 8( Will look forward to meeting people at the realm or group tables!
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
10/16/2011 09:44 AMPosted by Anasanda
Gonna try to go next year, just too much goin on this year 8( Will look forward to meeting people at the realm or group tables!

We'd all love to meet you!
Reply Quote
I'm gunna try to go next year for sure!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
10/16/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Nysem

We'd all love to meet you!

Yeah, can't w8)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
As usual.. Ravencrest represented at the Realm Meet this year! Oh wait.. no.. no we didn't.. but we did get a nice pic of the empty table again this year. I couldn't steal the Ravencrest sign this year.. they had people watching. /sigh
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Did you guys enjoy Blizzcon this year? From what I can tell it seemed like people (Who were not Horde) had a bad time. And it makes me feel bad for anyone that went and showed up like in their faction colors as apparently people went out of there way to bash, insult, 1 guy even said someone spat on him. And if I ever went to Blizzcon and caught like any of you from my realm, I wouldn't go so far over a game. Probabley be nice to meet up with people from our unknown realm anyway lol (New Players) comes to mind.

I couldn't steal the Ravencrest sign this year..

You play a female Draenei....You know what to do if you want something.....
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
There was actually 1 other person who showed up to the Realm meet.. but it was some one that no longer plays on Ravencrest. But they were from Rebirth when they played here. Seemed like a cool enough guy.

I always enjoy Blizzcon. I don't normally wear my faction on my sleeve like a lot of people do. (I wore a Diablo 3 shirt one day). There is always a lot of horde and alliance back and forth during opening and closing ceremonies. I've never seen it get out of hand.

I am not a fan of Foo Fighters, so decided to skip the closing concert this year.. but I was watching on screen when they played the Corpsegrinder video (which I had seen on youtube a long time ago). I was pretty shocked they played it unedited. I personally wasn't offended.. but I could see how some would have been.

I'm sure most alliance players will admit that "for the horde" sounds a whole lot better than "for the alliance" when you scream it out at the top of your lungs.

But.. yeah, I don't care to get into the whole Horde vs Alliance crap. I have toons on both sides of the fence as I'm sure many others do.

and I may play a female Draenei.. but that's only because the males look horrible.. and it was my only choice for a shaman at the time. If I rolled a shaman today.. I'd be a dwarf male. :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]