Hunter T13 Set bonuses.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2472-Patch-4.3-Tier-13-Set-Bonuses

Hunter
2P -- Steady Shot and Cobra Shot generate double the amount of focus.
4P -- Your Arcane Shot ability has a chance to grant 25% haste to you and your pet for 10 sec.

Discuss
Edited by Urtag on 9/24/2011 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Too little too late...broken mechanic is broken with sugar on top
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
totally wearing two pieces for pvp
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
09/24/2011 06:33 PMPosted by Qualk
totally wearing two pieces for pvp

Should actually be the hunter pvp set bonus. As the other guy said though, too little too late. By the time next patch/season is out there'll be noone left to pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Definately has a greater effect on BM/Surv then MM which is good in the overall achieving parity between the 3 specs.

I definately agree that 2 piece bonus should be a bonus on all our pvp sets of gear. They prolly couldnt do that before simply because it would of been to good for PVE.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Definately has a greater effect on BM/Surv then MM which is good in the overall achieving parity between the 3 specs.

I definately agree that 2 piece bonus should be a bonus on all our pvp sets of gear. They prolly couldnt do that before simply because it would of been to good for PVE.

Cause 5% is so powerful, dood!

I like the first set bonus. The second is rather meh for me as I'm usually as high in haste as I need to be anyways. Won't be there to enjoy em though, but I'm glad they're finally realizing SOMETHING major needs to change with focus regen if they're freaking -doubling- it, even with just a tier bonus.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
As stated in the other thread

The Haste proc will unlock the final Haste Plateau for all 3 specs for its duration.

The 2pc is relatively counterintuitive to the 4pc for MM however as the 2pc encourages KC dumping for MM due to ISS restraints preventing more AS bleeding while the 4pc relies on AS.

I see this as Blizzard way of bringing up Survival and BM without actually buffing the specs. MM will have use out of the bonuses of course, but the set bonuses provide a relatively large increase to Survival and and enormous potential bonus to BM.

For Survival, 18 Focus per Cobra Shot will allow far more usage of AS and the ability to keep Black Arrow on cooldown every cooldown while not hindering Explosive Shot usage whatsoever.

For BM, this opens a new "rotation" of doing CSx2 ASx2 KC on most cycle, occassionally switching up to CSx3 AS KC like we do now but in a perfect 6 second block. Both are substantial DPS gains. Due to BM's increased use of AS in comparison to the other specs, the 4pc also impacts them more and will give them more reliable uptime.
Edited by Bullettime on 9/24/2011 6:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
No !@#$ Lootioh.

After doing some math with a 1.33 shot speed, we can do 3x CoS 2x AS and KC in a perfect 6 second window. We can actually sub out a Cobra for a 3rd AS in the window if we were consuming a Killing Streak proc on the last KC.

Holy hell.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
your math was wrong in the other thread too bulletime
Reply Quote
Good thing you said why it is wrong!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
09/24/2011 07:06 PMPosted by Ocean

Corrected myself in the other thread too. It's still a bonus of astronomical proportions, fitting an additional AS into even the current window we're working with (7 seconds) as it will have noticable impact on our pets Focus regen through more Sic'em procs and more damage through more Cobra Strikes.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
2 piece bonus is sort of a let down from a MM point of view as our rotation results on double casting SS to gain Improved Steady Shot. We will see how it plays out but I think in the end it will lead to a surplus of excess focus.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

Corrected myself in the other thread too. It's still a bonus of astronomical proportions, fitting an additional AS into even the current window we're working with (7 seconds) as it will have noticable impact on our pets Focus regen through more Sic'em procs and more damage through more Cobra Strikes.

^ This. Man I am starting to feel a little better about 4.3......
Edited by Shadowaxe on 9/24/2011 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
09/24/2011 07:19 PMPosted by Hodon
2 piece bonus is sort of a let down from a MM point of view as our rotation results on double casting SS to gain Improved Steady Shot. We will see how it plays out but I think in the end it will lead to a surplus of excess focus.

I don't really place Marks and this may be a moronic question, but i'm curious...do any of you marksman experts think this would remove the need for improved steady shot?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
so say a boss fight lasts two minutes, and lets assume for conversational purposes that you dont have to move and your pet can attack freely without risk of dieing. You are saying we might get 1 more ArS per 7 sec window, which in turn will give us an "astronomical chance to proc sic em and corbra strikes, if there are any math wizards reading please translate this scenario into a real time dps story. maybe 11 extra Ars's in a two minute fight, then lets compare how that stacks up against other dps set !@#$%^.....statistically we have every reason to assume we are getting screwed, but mayb you are right Bulletime, and this is "astronomical".
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
09/24/2011 07:23 PMPosted by Ocean
so say a boss fight lasts two minutes

What raid boss fights last only two minutes?!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
You're guaranteed at least 1 additional AS in the current 7 second window BM operates with.

That's a bonus (in my current gear) 10k shot, 21kish Crit every 7 seconds. If you proc Killing Streak, your next rotation will sub out a Cobra Shot for another AS.

This isn't factoring in the side effects of Sic'em proc rate increases and also the amount of Cobra Strike procs you generate for additional pet impact. And not even counting the 4pc.

Also, what boss is gonna stay alive 2 mins other than in a 5m? Even in those, I could prob go melee Hunter and clear it.
Edited by Bullettime on 9/24/2011 7:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Then after we get some insite into the dps increase and how it stacks up against our fellow dps'ers , lets have a look at how this affects our MM rotation. Although I agree BM needs a kick up the food chain , I know that MM and Surv do as well. we dont compare to the other classes once you get out of normal grps.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
09/24/2011 07:20 PMPosted by Taeliana

I don't really place Marks and this may be a moronic question, but i'm curious...do any of you marksman experts think this would remove the need for improved steady shot?

Sadly no D: it would actually be a non-issue if it only buffed Steady Shot but it is a +15% Ranged Attack Speed buff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]