90 Undead Warrior
Epic win.

....go Mat!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Kinda early to tell that isnt it?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
All the others, with the exception of book 10, have been win, and Brandon Sanderson is nothing short of amazing. Epic Win is the only possible outcome.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
An Epic win. Robert Jordan had already written the ending some 20+ years ago, so you'll see the ending in its original form.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well, there's really no way to know yet, is there?

That being said, I have no doubt that it's going to be amazing. Sanderson has done a great job on the books he's co-written, or however they did that.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
I have high hopes for A Memory of Light! I can't wait to read it. I think that Sanderson has done a spectacular job so far and I hope that he continues with the good work!
Reply Quote
I agree it shall be an epic win. I have been SO pleased by Sanderson I started to read his other work.

The Way of Kings was brilliant.
Edited by Sammichs on 10/6/2011 11:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I agree it shall be an epic win. I have been SO pleased by Sanderson I started to read his other work.

The Way of Kings was brilliant.

I picked up mistborn purely because of his work on wheel of time and couldn't put any of the 3 books down... Jordan couldn't have picked a better author to continue his work imo and I'm getting set to re read all the books so that I'm fresh for the last one
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Can anyone tell me if the Dark One makes an actual, physical appearence in this book? Or is he still just a voice/presence? If he does appears, please don't spoiler me how he looks. I just want to know if he can have a form or not.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
01/11/2013 09:19 AMPosted by Kalayan
Can anyone tell me if the Dark One makes an actual, physical appearence in this book? Or is he still just a voice/presence? If he does appears, please don't spoiler me how he looks. I just want to know if he can have a form or not.

Yes and no. I know that sounds like a cop-out answer, but really is true
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Epic win on all fronts.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
01/12/2013 11:28 AMPosted by Bebbit
Epic win on all fronts.

Yep
Reply Quote
Epic win in that is was finished.

Epic fail in the choice of ghost writer. Sanderson focuses on plot. The name of the character in question changes, but they all have the same feel, just pieces to advance the plot.

Jordan focuses on the character. He tells the character's story through their eyes, and sometimes, plot happens. Jordan wrote in a voice from the period, Sanderson wrote in modern prose.

I'm not saying Sanderson is bad, I'm not a fan, but he has a following. I'm saying he was the wrong choice to finish WOT. He did the best he could, but, in all fairness, those were some BIG shoes to fill.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Not a ghostwriter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]