Simple question about vanilla WoW ED'ers

It's definitely not wrong at all. Lots of people hated him, but at the same time he could really muster up a mob of horde to attack Duskwood, which in turn would get us to go there for some fun WPVP.
Reply Quote
We remember you Ryker. Is that what you were hoping for?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Naw, it wasn't EJ, but Cozy did go to one of the big name guilds (I wanna say it was the #1 US guild at the time, but for the life of me I remember the name of the guild that Ensidia replaced). I think Velas went there as well after Refuge fell apart.

It's amazing that someone can make a name for themselves in-game that is still spoken of five years after they leave...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
10/01/2011 02:37 AMPosted by Cerra
Naw, it wasn't EJ, but Cozy did go to one of the big name guilds

Death and Taxes
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
DnT is long gone. Velas is in Vigil under the name Flipthedruid iirc.

I'm almost 90% positive that Cozy is in EJ now though.

Roush is in vodka after being kicked from exodus due to some drama or something.

Yon quit.

That's about all I've kept up with though in terms of people from vanilla.
Edited by Ranixxi on 10/1/2011 4:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/30/2011 04:19 PMPosted by Vil

An honest answer: Kind of. It is a little of both, part of it being remembered and the other would be simply my own curiosity. I just miss everyone and I really miss the feel of the game back then. Even the people who I hated, I really miss them too. The ED community, as dramatic as it was, was really something special which I haven't really found anywhere else.

Friends who've talked me about their WoW stuff, since I've been out of the game for a very long time, often tell me how awesome the game is now, how great they are at PvP, etc. And I'm never really impressed, considering they always play on some random server like Echo Isles, and it is only because I know how voracious and unique the players are on ED. The ED experience, especially considering PvP, is a unique one and is the prized attribute of the server which is only rivaled by it's unparalleled, and sometimes legendary, forum drama.
Edited by Rÿker on 10/2/2011 11:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
10/02/2011 11:28 AMPosted by Rÿker

An honest answer: Kind of. It is a little of both, part of it being remembered and the other would be simply my own curiosity. I just miss everyone and I really miss the feel of the game back then. Even the people who I hated, I really miss them too. The ED community, as dramatic as it was, was really something special which I haven't really found anywhere else.

Friends who've talked me about their WoW stuff, since I've been out of the game for a very long time, often tell me how awesome the game is now, how great they are at PvP, etc. And I'm never really impressed, considering they always play on some random server like Echo Isles, and it is only because I know how voracious and unique the players are on ED. The ED experience, especially considering PvP, is a unique one and is the prized attribute of the server which is only rivaled by it's unparalleled, and sometimes legendary, forum drama.

I would agree with most of the sentiments expressed in this post about emerald dream.
Reply Quote
Many of us are here under new aliases.

Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Hunter
Alas I am misplaced a little. I actually just transferred to ED, but I understand the feeling. Unfortunately I recently tried to track down the people I played with almost 7 years ago and to my dismay found none. Some of their characters still existed but had not been played in years and were still level 60. Nothing like going back to a barren wasteland of tumbleweed and crickets. So here I am, and glad to see some vanilla players beside myself that still play the game, and unlike me are still on the same server.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
You guys are so silly. I swear it's like you don't remember stuff that happened in a video game several years ago lol.

Just a few corrections based on what I can recall from my time on ED though, I'll be honest, I've purposely forgotten most people who I played with at some point on ED.

Refuge died when Velas (Flip) left to join Lost Chapter sometime during early BT. Once Lost Chapter downed Brutallis Flip and the gang cool kids took the entire guild bank without notice (including the aforementioned 50k) along with them to save a dying Death and Taxes (where Cozy was playing at the time under the name Intricacy) on Korgath Alliance leaving Lost Chapter to die. Death and Taxes ended up dying so what few left on Korgath joined Drama. the rest who stayed with DnT rerolled to Horde DnT including Flip and Cozy. Back on ED most people joined the only other half decent Alliance guild at the time (On Cooldown (which was later reported and renamed to Relax)) while the others quit or went their own ways. Relax later became a !@#$ guild in late Wrath once Bretech handed the leadership down to less qualified players such as Nevin, Hepatrin, etc.

Velas/Flip is a casual in Vigil under Flipthedruid/lock/dk on Mal'Ganis.
Cozy is now the infamous forum moderator Carebare of Elitist Jerks, also on Mal'Ganis.
Ryuja is a casual in Drama who recently reactivated.
Yon (the original character he played with 9/9 T3 + Atiesh) got deleted by his cousin. Yon (the player) came back later and played as a casual in Relax for a little while on his Warrior whose name I can't remember.
Crimson Alliance (as lead by Solomon) is long gone. I believe there's some form of Crimson Alliance still around, possibly on another server, but as an ED guild it's been over and done for years.

High Varlord Vash... oh man, that guy haha.
Morttis, the oldest of old school gankers.

With <3, Roush.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I remember Julie enchanting all my gear.
Ninetoes had a resurgence of his cards on the forums several months back if I remember correctly.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
11/05/2011 02:43 PMPosted by Menelvagore
I remember Julie enchanting all my gear.

Bags <made by Prada>
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I remember looking at the AH and seeing Ly's name. Always.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
This thread makes me sad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Damn nostalgia. No one remembers Parth?! Greatest Warrior alive on ED, often found playing with Farqua.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]