4.3 resto druid pvp - the great silence

1 Blood Elf Priest
So yes it was with disappointment that I read today's 4.3 PTR notes and found not a single resto druid "fix" for PvP (aside from the PvE WG nerf).

Whilst I understand these are very early days indeed, I just feel that given the current state of resto druids, something ought to have been introduced right from the get-go.

But nope, there was nothing; and to me it only adds to the "great silence" Blizzard have displayed towards resto druids recently. Throughout the past few months of severe resto druid under-poweredness not a single word has been mentioned by Blizzard on the topic.

My fear is that if we just let things be, 4.3 will be pushed through with no resto druid pvp changes at all. Resto druids really do feel like the forgotten step-child at the moment.

I hope that the next PTR patch brings better tidings.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
They perform well in rated BGs (wouldn't know because I have 0 time for PvP raids) ... so since they said they aren't balancing around arenas I wouldn't hold your breath.

Sad thing is absolutely looove this class.
Edited by Primèrib on 9/28/2011 8:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
We only perform well if the DPS is stupid enough not to kill us, otherwise we are are not at all on par with other healers either in healing or especially in survival.

And now they nerf us...
Reply Quote
1 Orc Shaman
patch is coming out today right?
Reply Quote
yeah my resto druid is ownage heals in arena or RBG's but once i get targeted... its over for me. resto druids get owned so easy especially if there is alot of burst even tree form cant withstand the damage as to a priest/holy pally/sham has way for survivability against 3 or more classes. druids get hit SO hard now its not even funny.. i have 4.1k resil on my resto druid and freaking still get owned
Reply Quote
1 Orc Shaman
09/28/2011 09:38 AMPosted by Battlelol
patch is coming out today right?

Yes, all current patch notes are final.

this guy gets it
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
09/28/2011 09:22 AMPosted by Bullwrath
We only perform well if the DPS is stupid enough not to kill us, otherwise we are are not at all on par with other healers either in healing or especially in survival.

Cyclone
Instant Cyclone
Roots
Auto-root X3
HoTs
Tree form
Travel form free running
Bear form+barkskin+FR+previously applied HoTs
Polymorph immunity
Stealth cat

And you say your survival is not on par?
Edited by Xbander on 9/28/2011 10:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
09/28/2011 09:45 AMPosted by Keng
druids get hit SO hard now its not even funny.. i have 4.1k resil on my resto druid and freaking still get owned

Resto Druids should get hit hard, since they can get away from everyone and everything, stealth, auto root, interrupt, and come with a spammable CC that also silences.
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
Resto Druid buffs are coming!

SURELY!

PS. Best way to let people know you're bad is to say resto druids are fine.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/28/2011 10:04 AMPosted by Xbander

Cyclone
Instant Cyclone
Roots
Auto-root X3
HoTs
Tree form
Travel form free running
Polymorph immunity
Stealth cat

PS. Best way to let people know you're bad is to say resto druids are fine.

Reply Quote
You're an idiot. If you think resto druids have survivability.
Edited by Hawtz on 9/28/2011 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
09/28/2011 10:35 AMPosted by Hawtz

But they do, they just lack the heals to compliment such.

@OP

I wouldn't expect many buffs, Rdruids potential for PvE is by far extreme and maybe they're trying to avoid another 4.1 Rshaman situation. Not to mention Rdruids require a throughput buff, something they can't receive because of PvE.

So they can risk upsetting PvE, or leave Rdruids how they are(Bad in Arena, Fine in RBG's) and avoid messing with such until the next expansion. They are going further and further from Arena.
Reply Quote
09/28/2011 11:04 AMPosted by Sensations

No, they really dont.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
09/28/2011 11:14 AMPosted by Drhawtz

No, they really dont.

Yes, they really do.
Reply Quote
87 Human Warlock
09/28/2011 10:04 AMPosted by Xbander

Cyclone
Instant Cyclone
Roots
Auto-root X3
HoTs
Tree form
Travel form free running
Polymorph immunity
Stealth cat

Hey look guys.. we have a Noob warrior who got kited by a Resto Druid, ROFL.. if you can't beat resto druid as a warrior there is a problem
Reply Quote
87 Human Warlock
09/28/2011 10:11 AMPosted by Xbander
druids get hit SO hard now its not even funny.. i have 4.1k resil on my resto druid and freaking still get owned

Resto Druids should get hit hard, since they can get away from everyone and everything, stealth, auto root, interrupt, and come with a spammable CC that also silences.

Spam with a CC that also silences.. Ok I now know he is trolling
Reply Quote
Please enlighten me amazing shaman on how resto druids have survivability.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
09/28/2011 11:26 AMPosted by Drhawtz
Please enlighten me amazing shaman on how resto druids have survivability.

Roots
Barkskin
Can easily removed all roots/snares
40% cheetah form
Can avoid polymorphs
Barkskin on a 1 minute cooldown
Treeform
Cyclone

As I said, all they lack is the single target burst healing to deal with the amount of burst damage in the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]