Frost DK pvp 2h or dual wielding?

96 Human Paladin
Which is better and why?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
id say they're about even in terms of usefulness.
dw gets more crits from killing machine and hits a bit harder
2h gets more rp for more fs so it has less downtime.

most heavy arena players just use 2h so they have the option of going unholy without having to spend all the extra conquest points on the 2 one handers
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/02/2011 03:27 PMPosted by Zalavaaris
DW is better because MoTW was nerfed in damage and they made killing machine proc on off hand attacks. This put DW way ahead of 2h frost leaving unholy somewhere in the middle of the pack.
he was asking about pvp...
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Paladin
DW for Rbgs.

2h for Arena.

Mainly because Dw does more front loaded damage through Obliterate and more KM procs, which is preferred in rated bgs do to wanting heavier burst(in Rbgs Oblits front loaded damage>NS+Hb pressure). While 2h relies more on back loaded and sustained damage through Necrotic strike and steady Rp regen for constant pressure, which is preferred in Arena.

But since most people Dual Spec Unholy/Frost, 2hFrost is commonly seen in Rbgs do to weapon convenience.
Edited by Dajerkpaly on 10/2/2011 3:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Meh, I'll take my NS+Hb pressure for single target switches. After 2K the key is downing that first target.

But I guess a heavy DOT focused group configuration would see more benefit from Oblit+KM spam as the healers aren't going to heal through anything anyway.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
imo , 2h > dw

RP straving is not funny.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
2H = 3400 Conquest Points
DW = ~4800 Conquest Points

Obliterate's damage was nerfed with 4.2, making HB (and therefore DW) spec a little more viable. The cost difference, however, is probably why many people chose 2H - it was cheapest.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
For PvP, 2h.

Most of the time, your top damaging attacks are Frost Strike, Howling Blast, Frost Fever, and Necrotic Strike (respectively). Obliterate is low on the overall damage output considering you provide more pressure with the aforementioned abilities in a PvP situation.

Necrotic Strike doesn't apply to Threat of Thassarian.

Might of the Frozen Wastes is great for PvP (increases Necrotic Strike's base damage component from 100% to 110% weapon damage) with its static strike damage increase to its RP generation component.

Now I'm not saying that the damage from Necrotic Strike is the end-all-be-all, because its not, it hits quite mildly. But to maximize a strike that you use often, 2h makes much more sense.

It's cheaper to buy a 2h weapon as opposed to 2 1-hander weapons.

In summary, use Duel-Wield for PvE, stick with 2h Frost for PvP
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
imo , 2h > dw

RP straving is not funny.

^ when I tried DW I felt like I was playing a warrior 5 years back: "not enough raaaaaaage"
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Inexor what 3s comp are you rolling with?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
10/03/2011 03:07 AMPosted by Gruddy
Most of the time, your top damaging attacks

10/03/2011 03:07 AMPosted by Gruddy
Frost Fever

HAH.

Seriously though, it's been said time and again.

DW for RBGs. (More Burst/More KM procs)

2H for Arenas. (More Resources/Harder hitting NS)

Go from that.
Edited by Selsix on 10/3/2011 12:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
10/03/2011 12:22 PMPosted by Tal
Inexor what 3s comp are you rolling with?

scleave although as frost
Edited by Inexor on 10/3/2011 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
74 Orc Death Knight
Most of the time, your top damaging attacks are Frost Strike, Howling Blast, Frost Fever, and Necrotic Strike (respectively).

indeed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]