Brewfest Stam Trinket Stacking

86 Worgen Druid
I just dinged 85 on my PALADIN not druid PALADIN and he is a tank is it ok too stack the 2 Brewfest stamina trinkets or should I use 1 and the Dodge?
Reply Quote
51 Draenei Paladin
The dodge trinket is going to be better, but if you had to ask this, you probably need a better understanding of how to gear. Read Xayton's protection paladin guide in the paladin forums.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
You shouldn't use the stam brewfest at all, not sure how the dodge one is, I haven't seen any math but almost certain its better than most non heroic trinkets
edit: to go on, stam stacking is fail outside of heroic raids in cata so most stam trinks are pretty weak outside of raiding
Edited by Volik on 9/26/2011 3:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
You should stack your Brewfest stamina trinkets in the bank. Or the nearest vendor.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
The general paladin gearing plan is to aim for CTC coverage over stamina, so you'll probably want to bank those trinkets for the time being and use ones that better help you hit that cap. The Mirror of Broken images is a great one to start on.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
The dude just hit 85. Two 365 stam trinkets are the best he's going to have for awhile.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
09/26/2011 03:57 PMPosted by Mnemonic
The dude just hit 85. Two 365 stam trinkets are the best he's going to have for awhile.

Not true. The Brewfest dodge/dodge trinket is just as easy to get. And you can obtain the Mirror of Broken Images in less than a week. And these two are maybe the best two pre-Firelands trinkets.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
You can also usually find an Impetuous Query on the auction house for 1000g or less depending on how the economy is on your server. That plus the dodge one is going to serve you a heck of a lot better than either brewfest stam trinket.
Edited by Avendrys on 9/26/2011 4:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Not true. The Brewfest dodge/dodge trinket is just as easy to get. And you can obtain the Mirror of Broken Images in less than a week. And these two are maybe the best two pre-Firelands trinkets.

This. If you're a fresh 85, you're not doing firelands - you're running heroics to gear up and maybe working on T11 to snag some drops. Nothing in either of those sets of instances is going to gib you, and unlike DKs, paladins don't get mitigation from stamina - so health is largely irrelevant.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
09/26/2011 03:59 PMPosted by Pögö
And you can obtain the Mirror of Broken Images in less than a week

No you can't.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
09/26/2011 04:18 PMPosted by Foiblesqt
And you can obtain the Mirror of Broken Images in less than a week

No you can't.

You get faction rep and commendations for all the daily quests. You can do 15 per day.
You get faction rep and 3 commendations for each battle victory. There are 9 battles per day.

It's not really that realistic to take part in 9 battles per day, but if you're managing to do all 15 quests per day and take part in 2 or 3 victories per day, you'll get the trinket in about a week.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
09/26/2011 04:03 PMPosted by Krinu

This. If you're a fresh 85, you're not doing firelands - you're running heroics to gear up and maybe working on T11 to snag some drops. Nothing in either of those sets of instances is going to gib you, and unlike DKs, paladins don't get mitigation from stamina - so health is largely irrelevant.

If you're running heroics as a fresh 85 w/o being stacked for gear, there is a use for the extra stamina.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
If you ran the Holiday dungeon enough to get BOTH +stam trinkets before you started doing the dungeons, there's no reason why you can't keep running the dungeons for the +dodge/dodge trinket. And then if you REALLY don't have any other trinket, then use the +stam in the other slot. But don't use two +stam trinkets from Brewfest. There's absolutely zero reason to. Absolutely zero reason.

And any 333 tanking trinket is better than the 365 +stam trinkets. Also, the JP trinket is better than the 365 +stam trinkets. So...yea....
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
please dont...

speaking as a healer in this case, i've already had some bad experiences with tanks in the Zalandars using 2x brewfest trinks. And yes, i know that A: the op is talking about norm heroics and B: its not just the trinket choices on those tanks... but it seems to be an indication of a greater problem with them when they want to stack 2x stam trinkets.

Get Brawler's Trophy, its good (reforge the dodge to mastery to make it better).

Go to the AH and plunk down a few hundred gold for an Impetuous Query

use those trinkets until you get enough TB done to get a Mirror of Broken Images to replace the query.

Mirror/trophy should see you into current content.

good luck
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/26/2011 04:43 PMPosted by Pögö
Also, the JP trinket is better than the 365

thats the only part i'd really doubt there...

Stam stacking is a bad idea.

But Bedrock Talisman is freaking horrid.

Seriously, get a query to pair with a trophy and go from there. Your healers will thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You can do 15 per day.
There are 9 battles per day.

It's not really that realistic to take part in 9 battles per day, but if you're managing to do all 15 quests per day and take part in 2 or 3 victories per day, you'll get the trinket in about a week.
You are my hero. (For not saying 9 a day, 15 a day)
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
If you're running heroics as a fresh 85 w/o being stacked for gear, there is a use for the extra stamina.

My thoughts exactly.

You are my hero. (For not saying 9 a day, 15 a day)

You can do 18 a day. The cell block that opens up after each battle is random.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I've looked and tried numerous times to try doing all 3 blocks in Tol Barad. Maybe it's just RNG on the days I attempt this, but I've never managed 18.

Also... you should be prioritizing Molten Front Daily quests. Do all the Molten Front daily quests, and then what's left over of the 25 per day should be spent doing Tol Barad. I think this limits you to doing only 10ish TB dailies per day at a certain point.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]