Looking to raid without leaving your guild?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I imagine that there are other guilds or guild members that find themselves in positions similar to myself and my guild. Maybe (like us) you don't have the numbers to get a raid together. Maybe you have just a few too many, and you don't want to leave those extra people hanging. Maybe enough of your guild-mates don't want to raid. If, for whatever reason, you want to keep your guild, find it difficult to raid but still want in on the action, then this is the tread for you.

I'm trying to gauge the interest on our server for a group of guilds and players who are interested in raiding but currently unable to do so without switching guilds. If enough interest is shown, then we can "talk shop" about how we would go about doing this.

If you find yourself in such a position, please post here to say so.

See you in Org sometime.

Yndra =)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I believe the raid finder feature is going to be updated to nullify this in 4.3, but I'm interested in doing a little bit of raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You're right! The raid finder coming in 4.3 will be a huge help. I can think of only two arguments to support my original suggestion. Firstly, I'm impatient! Also, in my experience people usually behave better (and have more fun!) when they group up with others that they know.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
I'm all for this. Also, didn't Blizzard say that the drops and achievements for raids done through the raid finder will not be as good?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hmmm. I don't recall any statement being made about the quality of drops found by groups using the raid finder. I'd have to read the original announcement.

The one downside that I do recall is that it will not allow access to the most recent raid content. For instance, if the raid finder were to magically appear in-game today, a user would be unable to access the Firelands raid via the Raid Finder.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm not sure why they'd do either of those things. Hope it's not the case long-term.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Seems a lot of people are still very confused about the Raid Finder.

1) To start out it will only be available for the Dragon Soul raid (Deathwing Raid in 4.3).
2) It will queue you for a lower difficulty version of the raid. (Raid Finder<Normal<Heroic)
3) Loot that drops in the Raid Finder version will be lower item level than the loot that drops in Normal modes.

Check out the official WoW Blog for more details: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3608426/Raid_Finder_Coming_in_Patch_43-9_29_2011#blog
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for the clarification, Lorimuni!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My guild has had a couple of successful raid nights by asking "strangers" to join us. Unfortunately, this doesn't really speak to the kind of extra-guild cooperation that I mentioned in the original post, since we tend to prioritize including guild members. I'll be trying on other nights to get PUG raids together more frequently. If anyone wants in and hasn't posted yet, please do so and I'll PM you when putting together such a group. Also, I hope that you will feel free to PM each other if one of you wants to get together a raid yourself.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]