BlizzCon Plans

66 Orc Death Knight
Thanks for clearing that up. I actually just came to the forums to see if there was any information on this unannounced MMO.

But now I'm stoked to hear about anything Blizzard related. The next expac for WoW, HoTS, and Diablo 3 have me insanely hyped.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
09/28/2011 11:22 PMPosted by Eitrig
that's cool and all, but don't appreciate being side-linked into a full screen image of the foo fighters whenever i go to the wow website. i don't like them or their music, and it's annoying to have to click the "continue to world of warcraft" at the top of the screen.

Just stop.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
09/28/2011 07:02 PMPosted by Bashiok
including a closing concert by Foo Fighters,

Can we get Lady Gaga instead? Hell, Celine Dion would even be better.

Edit: I'm 100% serious. I couldn't name a song by FF, but that's probably because their 1 or 2 "big hits" were trash.
Edited by Daphnes on 9/28/2011 11:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Are the rumors so widespread and outlandish that it really deserved a sticky? With all the nonsense people spew about the game and Blizzard this is really that important to refute? I mean really?
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
09/28/2011 07:21 PMPosted by Jard
All eyes currently are on SWTOR

They said the same about the last star wars mmo that came out, and I'm fairly curtain we all know how well that went for LucasArts and Sony. Ea is just as good at screwing up MMOS.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
09/29/2011 12:24 AMPosted by Kassimai
All eyes currently are on SWTOR

They said the same about the last star wars mmo that came out, and I'm fairly curtain we all know how well that went for LucasArts and Sony. Ea is just as good at screwing up MMOS.

The difference is that Bioware is at the helm and has a pretty good track record (Let's pretend Dragon Age II didn't exist). I hope it does good enough to make things interesting for the MMO market. It's not going to destroy Wow (Let's face it, at this point the only thing that can kill Wow is Blizzard) but it doesn't have to in order to be successful.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Some of you might have seen some recent speculation out there regarding the unannounced MMO and BlizzCon. There’s going to be a ton of information and content at the show -- including a closing concert by Foo Fighters, which we just revealed today -- but we want to be clear up front that we’re not going to be discussing the unannounced MMO.

I'm sorry, But regardless of whether or not this is true, you are obviously trolling. Blizzard doesn't clarify anything.

That seems pretty clear to me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
nVs
No Titan? i want to see what the original Wow devs are doing
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
09/29/2011 12:46 AMPosted by Ceejay

The difference is that Bioware is at the helm and has a pretty good track record (Let's pretend Dragon Age II didn't exist). I hope it does good enough to make things interesting for the MMO market. It's not going to destroy Wow (Let's face it, at this point the only thing that can kill Wow is Blizzard) but it doesn't have to in order to be successful.

Bioware is so great that they've retconned the entire KOTOR series for the MMO, including making your character one of the "only ones" to be able to defeat the Emperor. lol
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Warrior
Thanks for letting us know now. I wish more companies would do this so we don't have sites like IGN hyping us up for something that isn't gonna happen. Managing expectations 4tw.

Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
For some reason, I think the Unannounced MMO is not the same as Titan.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Well, that's a disappointment. So what the heck is Blizzcon going to be about?

COSTUME CONTESTS
Q&A WHERE WE TALK ABOUT HOW WE LOVE THE HORDE
METZEN GETS LORE WRONG AGAIN
WE'LL TALK ABOUT DIABLO 3
..AND THAT'S IT.

Oh, and they'll let you play WoW there because playing WoW at Blizzcon is SO much better. -eyeroll-
Edited by Snootie on 9/29/2011 5:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Kinda disappointing. Still contemplating on paying for the stream.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
So Bashiok, can we hold you accountable for that statement? It's a strong, bold statement that it is an absolute fact that we won't hear anything about the rumored unannounced MMO. If you do indeed announce something, you should be held accountable for lying to us.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Well considering it took 10 years to get our next Diablo, announcing anything about the new mmo would just make us anxious for it for the next 10 years. Better wait 1-2 years prior to release imo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]