Idea to improve the skill/community on Eitrig

85 Dwarf Priest
I'm not saying the server is bad, but I think this can't hurt.

This is a message to all guilds ally side. I've been bored in the game recently, so I decided that I would run weekly "Raid Nights" for various new comers/less experienced raiders. I'm posting this to see if there is an interest in guilds who have many players but not enough spots to put them into a raiding situation.

These nights would not only improve the average skill/knowledge of the players on our server, it would give me something to do!

I'm not saying I know everything but I think I can help out most players when it comes to raiding.
Edited by Kuddly on 9/28/2011 7:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
This would act as a stepping stone into the raiding "scene".

Just trying to get some general ideas or suggestions ^_^
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I approve this idea and I will help in any way possible problem is I can only really get in for weekends but I am sure I could help people learn wtf to do so that we can raise raiders from the inside. However I would say be wary, I know this may sound egotistical, but I can carry your dps squad so they can get the boss but that is only if they are actually attempting to dodge mechanics. Make sure Kuddly you get people in there who, while not being very experienced, can still avoid stuff so that everyone will get to see every single fight.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
There have been a few good examples of this repeated, scheduled PuG working well in the past, and I wish you the best of luck getting it up and running.

I would suggest that you try to make them scheduled events to keep continuity, and to encourage and re-invite those people that are performing well.

Lastly, I would screen your invites for personality over gear or experience. Get people willing to both learn and stick around through the process, and it could be a great experience for everyone involved.

Keep us informed with progress or difficulties, and like Noob, I can also try to chip in or send talent your way if possible.

Best of luck!

Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Kuddly, hit me up ingame if you happen to see me on. I have some ideas to run by you, some that I've seen work before.
Reply Quote
I've been running alt 10 man firelands the past 2 weeks. Ill do one on Fri and continue it on Sat and run another fresh one on sunday. So far ppl on horde side have been consistent. Mostly its The Fighting Mongooses and Black Label Discicples. I have 2 solid tanks and 2 solid healer all the time. I just lack some good DPS.

Im looking for a few good DPS'er and a solid healer hit me up in game Coolye or Gullyguy
Reply Quote
o forgot to mention my raids in fireland has been 6/7 always, just working on rag with different ppl every week is tough but we get past phase 2.

So if u allies are bored there come over to horde.
Edited by Coolye on 9/29/2011 10:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
It is too late for this realm =( I left cause horde side just sit's there and takes it all in =)
Reply Quote
19 Blood Elf Hunter
server is bad
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Good luck! With the FL nerfs and the LFR tool not being live yet, it seems like a perfect opportunity to build some PuG raids "in house" so to speak, before the aforementioned LFR throws us in 25M groups with no accountability, and leading to further deterioration of any server pride or community that is left.
Reply Quote
i agree vestige, i think the LFR is will be a waste of time for these developers. It might be a hit when it comes out, but after a while when ppl see that it actually sucks it will be a total failure.
Its like a new restaurant, its packed the first couple weeks and when the food or service is bad it will be a failure.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
A lot of potential on Alliance side on this realm but horde is pretty much screwed no such things as 7/7 pugs on horde lol oh well i miss this realm and hope nothing but the best for it
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
How did this endeavor work out?
Reply Quote
Judging from the the fact that the last post was from about 6 months ago before you dug it up i'm going to guess not well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You know, this used to work back in the day, back when raiding was actually a new experience to some people.

I remember a few guys leaving CoA in BC and forming a new "stepping stone" guild. It was like, Dexter and a few other strong raiders who filled about half the group. They would pug new, random people interested in raiding and carry them through starting raids. They didn't keep the people, just kind of did it as a community service: "this is what raiding is like, here is some gear, go out and try it yourself now".

But this game is so beyond that sort of novel mentality, which isn't surprising given the age and the availability of end game to every player, regardless of status.

No one is really "new" anymore, and those that technically meet the qualifications tend to choose things like LFR where there is very little work and responsibility.
Reply Quote
Top guilds unite to make a ultra mega l337 25man on eitrigg. stop carrying bads to legendaries and then have them realm xfer, n lets do this.
Edited by Cylise on 3/28/2012 8:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/28/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Jubz
ur horns look funny

ur funs look horny
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]