<Stuck on Uldaman> is selling Titles/Mounts

90 Tauren Druid
^

Who ever you are mysterious stranger you have wisdom beyond the average internet nerd.
Reply Quote
If you have to ask the price info on the forums.

Because I am asking about something on a Discussion Forum where discussion takes place? All I keep getting is no discussion here, take it in game. ... Well, if you guys don't want to discuss it here, then damnit, DONT POST IT ON A DISCUSSION FORUM.

Protip to all you haters: This forum works very similarily to in-game mail, however few key differences:

- It's NOT in game, so people like me who cannot sit at home and be in the game 24/7 has a place to go to discuss things when they simply do not have the time to log in.
- This allows for discussions, while in-game mail does so too, it's confusing because there's a lack of the ability to quote people, like I have done above.
- This allows for other people to know what it is you want to tell them.

If you do NOT want to discuss this out of the game, then a simple fix would be to not post it here in the first place. Otherwise, despite all of the hating going on here, I still would like to know, because I still have been unable to locate the names mentioned in this thread using /who in-game for discussing these things.

Thank you, have a nice day.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Discussing pricing, availability, timing, etc. with every person that whispers me is both time-consuming and quite frankly, cumbersome. I take the time to give detailed, complete, and brutally honest answers to people. It's much easier for me to be able to do that in-game where I have mods that can attach notes to people's names, allowing me to keep things organized, as well as not having the inconvenience of having to check the forums. The only reason I knew you responded is because someone in guild saw it and suggested I do so in kind. I don't really read the forums, and I don't bump the thread because we have more people already interested than we can really handle, unless the patch is even later than expected.

The far more important answer, however, is that it lets me weed out the people who can't or choose not to follow simple, polite requests. The way I look at these sales is that we're bored after Tuesday and these serve as ways to have fun, light-hearted raids and make a little money on the side. The person that will be hanging out with us for hours is every bit as important as the gold he/she is paying us, and I will not be responsible for bringing in someone who will make the raid unenjoyable for us.

I'll quote you a price now

All of the money

All of it
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
10/31/2011 11:01 AMPosted by Terathund

I am shure, that everyone on the server that uses the forums except you, understands what Bose was saying.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
If you have to ask the price info on the forums.

Because I am asking about something on a Discussion Forum where discussion takes place? All I keep getting is no discussion here, take it in game. ... Well, if you guys don't want to discuss it here, then damnit, DONT POST IT ON A DISCUSSION FORUM.

Protip to all you haters: This forum works very similarily to in-game mail, however few key differences:

- It's NOT in game, so people like me who cannot sit at home and be in the game 24/7 has a place to go to discuss things when they simply do not have the time to log in.
- This allows for discussions, while in-game mail does so too, it's confusing because there's a lack of the ability to quote people, like I have done above.

If you do NOT want to discuss this out of the game, then a simple fix would be to not post it here in the first place. Otherwise, despite all of the hating going on here, I still would like to know, because I still have been unable to locate the names mentioned in this thread using /who in-game for discussing these things.

Thank you, have a nice day.

Actually, the simplest fix is, as I've stated multiple times, to just let it go.

When people fall back on any derivative of "hater" or picking apart semantics of the forum name, it fairly infallibly means they've run out of ways to attack an ideal. This is not an argument. This is us telling you how it works if you want to buy something, both sides not finding it amenable to do business, and moving on. I'm more than willing to work with someone who is willing to reciprocate, and have been doing so for years. You, my friend, are being difficult for the sake of being difficult.

If you don't have 30 seconds to log in and see if one of us is on, then you definitely don't have time to do even one raid boss. As you said, we can't be online 24/7 and we're all perfectly fine if we miss some sales because of it. I do appreciate the implication that because I won't do what you ask of me that I'm a basement-dwelling land troll though. Thank you for that. If I did want to sell you something, I could easily get in touch with you through whispers or in-game mails so that we could have a dialogue on what both sides want. I have not, and will not, because I'm not bringing your attitude into Mumble.

No matter how many times you stomp your feet and ask why the world won't change for you, the status quo will remain. We will not be selling anything to you, but we do thank you for your interest and hope that you may even find a guild who will sell things in a manner that is more to your style. If I knew of any, I'd point you in the right direction.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'd call you a moon troll
Reply Quote
10/31/2011 11:46 PMPosted by Jojothewhale
If you don't have 30 seconds to log in and see if one of us is on, then you definitely don't have time to do even one raid boss.

I have said, time and time again, that I have been unable to locate you or any of your alts using /who. What more is there to that?

I raid on my main three nights a week, other than that, my life keeps me extremely busy. Also, Bose whispered me yesterday, but didn't fully answer my question, just kept me hanging. Is this the kind of business you like to do? Not even fulfill what you said you would do? Good grief.
Edited by Terathund on 11/1/2011 10:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/31/2011 11:46 PMPosted by Jojothewhale
because I'm not bringing your attitude into Mumble.

I wouldn't bring your own attitude into mumble as well, if you want to be that way. I'm not a bad guy, I'm just busy, and wanted to have an easier way of discussing things for my busy schedule. It seems that you don't want to however, because you want everything your way. Well, earth to you, Sorry, everything doesn't revolve around you, and you're going to have to get out of this elitist attitude that you have and learn to compromise. I have been doing the best I can to reach you, and that's all I can do. What I want to put in a mail, wouldn't even fit in the small amount of space the mail system has.
Reply Quote
19 Tauren Druid

(too long to quote)

Mail to Jojothewhale:

Hi, I'm a warlock (in Enders, ilvl 360) looking to buy the Sinestra and PurpleHawk achieve. I'm 6/7 in FL atm, sadly I haven't been able to commit to a HM guild. I have seen all fights, unfortunately I'm a baddie so I don't know if I can handle the cutters as well as Dream.

I really appreciate your offer to help a bad like me and can't wait to hear a quote! I raid 3 nights a week TWTh 8-11, and I'm on 1 hour before/after. I can also arrange to meet with you guys at another time, though my mornings/weekends are tied up.

How hard is that?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
^

Who ever you are mysterious stranger you have wisdom beyond the average internet nerd.

I do my best :)

I guess I won't hide behind an alt, main is ex-Uldaman here, and now over at another realm. Was thinking at one point of app'ing to your late-night (I left because there wasn't any openings for late-night raiding here) if I didn't have a guild already and if you needed more warlocks (I think your guild looks like they are full atm).

I actually know who Terathund is but I won't say so for privacy. We've had our disagreements on stuff like this but (I think?) get along rather well.

SoU doesn't have to sell this stuff, I think its cool that they do, and yeah the mail system is pretty bad but I think my message above ^^ is short enough to fit.

u cando trix to shrten msgs also.
Edited by Incoherence on 11/1/2011 10:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, while that works, I would rather have one-to-one chat with the person so we aren't playing mail-tag over the course of three weeks or so. Also, I refuse to use the !@#$ty language known as shorthand, it makes a person's intelligence level seem so low.
Edited by Terathund on 11/1/2011 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I raid 3 nights a week TWTh 8-11, and I'm on 1 hour before/after. I can also arrange to meet with you guys at another time, though my mornings/weekends are tied up.

That isn't hard.

I can also send another message if the 1st was too long:

"Hi again oh-godly whale, since Blizz mail sucks I didn't get to say that my parents only allow me on the computer from 7:00pm to 12:00am server time, Monday through Friday. On Saturday and Sunday I sit and do my homework like a good boy, so I will not be on then."
Reply Quote
Saturday is one of my raid nights though, all of the information you posted above is ... quite incorrect, but I won't get into great detail here. However, ... as I said, I don't want to be playing mail-tag in the game, and having to send multiple mails at a time either, when it is easier to get it all in one message here on the forums, or if we get lucky enough to finally be on at the same time, which has been nothing but miss for me.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Saturday is one of my raid nights though, all of the information you posted above is ... quite incorrect.

Aside from the guild, I made all the information up other than the fact that my main is a warlock. If you want, I can post YOUR information to the entire forum/realm accurate to the best of my knowledge instead.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
11/01/2011 10:38 AMPosted by Terathund
If you don't have 30 seconds to log in and see if one of us is on, then you definitely don't have time to do even one raid boss.

I have said, time and time again, that I have been unable to locate you or any of your alts using /who. What more is there to that?

I raid on my main three nights a week, other than that, my life keeps me extremely busy. Also, Bose whispered me yesterday, but didn't fully answer my question, just kept me hanging. Is this the kind of business you like to do? Not even fulfill what you said you would do? Good grief.

I will not speak for anyone but myself. I will say that Bose has a very young son and this causes him to frequently AFK suddenly. There are definitely times when I'm AFK and miss tells. I, personally, have barely been online this week. I haven't really logged in for more than 10 minutes since Tuesday. As I don't have to tell you, life takes precedence. I'm sorry that I haven't been available, but I don't know how else to get across to you that you will not be buying anything from us. You're wasting everyone's time, including yours. Please just let it go.

11/01/2011 10:44 AMPosted by Terathund
because I'm not bringing your attitude into Mumble.

I wouldn't bring your own attitude into mumble as well, if you want to be that way. I'm not a bad guy, I'm just busy, and wanted to have an easier way of discussing things for my busy schedule. It seems that you don't want to however, because you want everything your way. Well, earth to you, Sorry, everything doesn't revolve around you, and you're going to have to get out of this elitist attitude that you have and learn to compromise. I have been doing the best I can to reach you, and that's all I can do. What I want to put in a mail, wouldn't even fit in the small amount of space the mail system has.

I never said you were a bad guy. I don't know you. I just don't want to do business with you.

I've been selling things on and off on this server for 6+ years. I could take the time to list the people that I've held everyone around waiting for an hour to finish their main's raid, or the people who have paid us in fish instead of gold, or by doing a guild achievement for us, or any of the myriad other ways I've been open to creative solutions, but quite frankly, no one cares.

I'm really running out of ways to say that I'm willing to work with almost anyone in any way that I can. I'm just not interested in your gold. You're not worth the hassle. I don't care who your main is. I don't care what kind of gear it's in. I don't care how well you play your class. I don't care how much gold you want to give us. There's nothing to argue.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
This thread is exciting.... Been away from the forums for about 2 weeks because well I was on vacation from work and I don't check the forums regularly if i am not at work.. Please keep the drama coming its quite entertaining.

/who stuck on uldaman

/w abbazabba: Abbazabba YOU'RE MY ONLY FRIEND
Edited by Scandális on 11/1/2011 11:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
[quote]^I guess I won't hide behind an alt, main is ex-Uldaman here, and now over at another realm. Was thinking at one point of app'ing to your late-night (I left because there wasn't any openings for late-night raiding here) if I didn't have a guild already and if you needed more warlocks (I think your guild looks like they are full atm).

I think Dorm (late-night) has an opening for a DPS. I don't have anything to do with the late-night runs though, so don't quote me on that. I would go to http://stuck-on-uldaman.shivtr.com/ or talk to Dorment in-game if you're interested. His alts are all easily identifiable by name if he's not on his main (Dorment, Dormentt, Dormdos, Dorm, etc), or you can probably try Pope/Highlordpope too. If I'm on and they're not, I'd be happy to answer any questions that I can, but my knowledge is limited.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
11/01/2011 11:15 AMPosted by Jojothewhale
I think Dorm (late-night) has an opening for a DPS. I don't have anything to do with the late-night runs though, so don't quote me on that. I would go to http://stuck-on-uldaman.shivtr.com/ or talk to Dorment in-game if you're interested. His alts are all easily identifiable by name if he's not on his main (Dorment, Dormentt, Dormdos, Dorm, etc), or you can probably try Pope/Highlordpope too. If I'm on and they're not, I'd be happy to answer any questions that I can, but my knowledge is limited.

Ah, fun times getting smoked by him and Bose back when I was alliance in TB.

Brings back memories.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
10/26/2011 10:15 PMPosted by Terathund
It won't be done here.

Why not? Is this something against the terms of service then? Otherwise, I don't see what the problem is, and why we have to be so secretive.

Its already been said once but it should be obvious why its not posted on here - the prices aren't fixed. There are a variety of factors involved in deciding not only who to sell to but what price.

11/01/2011 10:44 AMPosted by Terathund
Well, earth to you, Sorry, everything doesn't revolve around you

Everything? No. The things that we're selling and talking about in this thread? Um, yeah, they do revolve around us.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]