Anyone else want feral druids again?

90 Night Elf Druid
Every since they took away our ability to shapeshift out of roots, we are no longer feral druids in identity, we're just any other melee class that can be kited.

I hope blizzard realizes they ruined the feral identity of mobility when they changed our shapeshift mechanics. Any other feral druids feel completely uninterested in world/solo PVP because of this change?

I quit when it came out because it made me sick and recently came back a few days ago, but it still bothers me more than anything.

I would trade away my damage for my classes identity back any day of the week, feral since 2005 and they take it away from me.
Edited by Moltke on 9/30/2011 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
09/30/2011 01:34 PMPosted by Moltke
we're just any other melee class that can be kited.

With the best movement speed buff in the game, 3 cooldowns to break cc, 2 additional movement speed cooldowns, 2 gap closers, 1 stun, 1 root and cyclone.

Yeah, we get kited just like the other melee.
Reply Quote
09/30/2011 01:46 PMPosted by Nacirema

That's about the only thing useful in your post.

09/30/2011 01:34 PMPosted by Moltke
I would trade away my damage for my classes identity back any day of the week, feral since 2005 and they take it away from me.

It's really annoying if you're trying to fight a decent frost mage without a pocket dispeller and pretty much makes them our counter class 1v1 (or just about any situation where you don't have a dispeller at all), but outside of that it's not game breaking.

It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't so many random BG healers that didn't realize they could dispel and how important it is.
Edited by Baezle on 9/30/2011 2:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

i've got probably 2k+ solo kills in molten front.

i can still wreck bad frost mages 1v1, but a decent one will win unless he makes multiple serious mistakes.

so no, i don't think feral is dead in world pvp, not at all.

i do miss our independence though, and i'd gladly take the wotlk feral back over this directionless mess.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
09/30/2011 02:02 PMPosted by Baezle
It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't so many random BG healers that didn't realize they could dispel and how important it is.

I sympathise. So many times in random gilneas battles / ab battles I'm sitting on the flag preventing the other side from capping the node and then I get chain feared...

Of course then I get blamed when they cap it because I wasn't sitting on the flag. Makes you /facepalm when you notice you had three healers backing you up at the time...
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Any feral druid that !@#$%es about not being able to shape shift their movement impairing effects obviously doesn't know how to play their class. Stampeding Roar, feral charge, and let's not forget our own roots that can be used at any time. Part of "being a druid" is shape shifting, not sitting on one form and expecting to God mode. Keep the dps, and keep the current movement impairing drops. This guy doesn't know his own class. Feral since 2005...HA! If you were feral in 2005 you would have been laughed off your server, you are so full of it.
Edited by Jadzira on 9/30/2011 2:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/30/2011 02:28 PMPosted by Jadzira
Any feral druid that !@#$%es about not being able to shape shift their movement impairing effects obviously doesn't know how to play their class. Stampeding Roar, feral charge, and let's not forget our own roots that can be used at any time. Part of "being a druid" is shape shifting, not sitting on one form and expecting to God mode. Keep the dps, and keep the current movement impairing drops. This guy doesn't know his own class. Feral since 2005...HA! If you were feral in 2005 you would have been laughed off your server, you are so full of it.

careful. i've been sick all week and am in a foul mood.

i almost just went off on you, instead i'll give a warning.

Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Any feral druid that !@#$%es about not being able to shape shift their movement impairing effects obviously doesn't know how to play their class. Stampeding Roar, feral charge, and let's not forget our own roots that can be used at any time.

Question... when stampeding roar and dash are on CD... what do you use to get out of the billion and three root effects that are no longer on DR?

Yeah .. :P please get off the high horse. I've been playing since BC as feral myself.. a lot of people prefer the FUN of the class which involves shifting all over the place and being marginally more independant.

Also ... please tell me how our root will shut a frost mage or healer up :P it's only good against melee and most of the time it's meh at best on some of them.

FC btw can't be used when you're rooted... sure it's good for mobility but it doesnt' get us out of them. Also I'm still irked about skull bash being buggy...

careful. i've been sick all week and am in a foul mood.

Aww.. didn't know that. Hope you're feeling better soon elle. :)

/waffle.
Edited by Waraila on 9/30/2011 2:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

I was feral in 2005. I was not laughed off the server. Quite the contrary.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

You're 100% wrong, and yes I was feral in vanilla and yes I was made fun by some people until I beat them all on DPS in MC (I wasn't exactly in a good guild back then, but that's besides the point). I wasn't the only feral druid on my server in a raiding guild either, so you really have no idea what you are talking about, did you even play vanilla?

Don't tell me I don't know how to play my class either, odds are I'm a much better player than you.

I'm saying I would trade the numerous things we have gained at the cost of shapeshifting out of roots back for the ability to shapeshift out of roots. I you have grown used to it by now but you haven't played feral as long as I have either (obviously, since you weren't feral in vanilla). Point is, I bet most feral druids prefer the mobility that we used to have which was always a defining feature of our class.

If you choose to respond to this, please drop the condescending and offensive tone in your next post.

09/30/2011 02:02 PMPosted by Baezle

That's about the only thing useful in your post.

Thank you for insightful contribution to the thread.
Edited by Moltke on 10/2/2011 11:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]