Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
There has been a lot of talk about it in my PvP guild's chat and I was curious if any PvP'ers out here on Vek are interested in a duel tournament..
***This is a BRACKET - KNOCK OUT TOURNAMENT.***
- We will make a loser's bracket when this becomes more popular.
I was thinking of either limiting the amount of people to join down to about 24 or 34 people tops.. having an entry fee of 500~1000 gold.. taking a 20% cut for hosting it.. the rest go to the top 3 winners of the tournament in different individual amounts. They will take place in, for example, Blade's Edge Arena or in the Nagrand Arena by agreement of the two duelers or suggestion / roll for decision OR random que's.
To be completely fair we can have two spectators join and do Wargame 2v2's in chosen arenas to ensure anything not allowed in arenas are used in these duels to further promote fairness.
* Horde are also welcome to join! :)
* HEALER AND TANK VARIANTS PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ENTERING DUE TO ANNOYANCE/NEVER ENDING DUELS.
BANNED Specs not up for discussion:
- 20 people enter
- 500g Entry Fee = 10k gold pot
- Players are randomly assigned to duel one another based on either in-game rolling or random generator outside of the game.
-20% goes to host.. so we bank 2000g
- Duels will be best out of 3, change of arena is optional.
- First place receives 4000g, Second place receives 2500g and Third goes home with 1500g.
- Grand Finale can be held in Gurubashi Arena or anywhere in game for a lot of people to see if our spectators are good sports and allow the duel to continue uninterrupted. Otherwise we will be forced to restrict all duels to 2 spectators maximum.
*This is subject to change by popular demand if people are interested in throwing in more gold for a higher output.
Two bonuses I'm throwing in here for taking out 20% for hosting is I will be removing myself from the tournament due to popular demand and the top 3 winners walk out with at least triple of what they put in if not more. I will be in control of the way people are assigned through total RNG for complete fairness and follow through on the bracket. We already have a big buzz in the fragility guild of people interested in this so if you're also interested please whisper me in-game so i can invite you to the event on the calendar and we'll try to get this first one out of the way this Friday at 6pm Server/CT 7pm Eastern.
Things to take into consideration:
- Although a class may counter you tremendously do know that this tournament's set up is total RNG and classes that counter you can easily be knocked out in the beginning rounds by classes that counter them.
- We cannot have a loser's bracket due to how large this tournament will most likely be and how much we would have to do/how complicated it would be for second and third place to be determined. Although it's definitely an option if we continue to do this.
If it's really popular we can continue to do this 2-3 times a week, let me know on Brando or my alt Suppel through in-game mail, whisper or post on this thread for an invite to the calendar event. First come first serve, first 24-32 to accept the calendar invitation are in.. the rest will be removed. Lets see what the PvP'ers on Vek got! (lol)
Entries to Date:
1. Gwenstefani - S
2. Killawombat - S
3. Nickqt - F
4. Blastian - E
5. Holycow - R
6. Demise - S
7. Aheari - M
8. Pacifia - S
9. Majinpew - FR
10. Juggernaut - F
11. Saxi - FR
12. Buttonbasher - S
13. Ionx - R
14. Yucky - S
16.**Brando as Fire if we can't fight a even 16th for the bracket.**
Edited by Brândo on 10/8/2011 1:16 AM PDT
Make sure you're posting on the toons you want to enter with!
Also, for horde.. I have a paladin on horde side with enough gold to pay if two horde players win first and second after you all pay me, and if not i can transfer more via neutral AH.
Clarifying once again for the pulsating vags... I will not be in this tournament in any way other than hosting it!
Edited by Brândo on 10/5/2011 3:34 PM PDT
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.