Character services 10/5/2011

(Locked)

Support Forum Agent
*UPDATE* 10/6

We've receive word that the issues with Name Change processes seem to be moving along now. Please let us know if you are still experiencing a delay while attempting to use the Name Change service.

All other services appear to be progressing normally, though we continue to monitor them for any signs of delay or other issues.

Please be certain to follow the appropriate troubleshooting steps if you are unable to process your transaction including creating a Billing Profile for the purchase method.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416112618

*UPDATE* - 10/5 - 5:00 PM

I've made several posts within the thread but I figured it would be best to update the first one for convenience.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We continue to monitor all paid services, with the exception of the Name Change service, they should be processing near normal functionality.

What this means is although they normally take as little as 15-30 minutes, due to an overall issue that is still being looked into, they seem to be taking a bit longer. To be clear, those transactions are going through.

Name Change services are experiencing a bit more than a delay, from what we've been able to determine. Our Tech and Web staff has been looking into the matter and it remains a top priority. We hope to have a resolution as quickly as possible. We do not have an estimate as to when that may be at the moment but will provide what updates we can as soon as more is known.

I would recommend anyone using any of the character services, including a Name Change, to make sure you have a Billing Profile set for the transaction. Our systems check the billing information on the credit card you are using referencing the Billing Profile, if they do not match, your service may not process until that is resolved.

Please review the following thread on Billing Profiles and Troubleshooting steps.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416112618

Thank you for your continued patience.
Edited by Vrakthris on 10/6/2011 5:01 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Priest
I was wondering what was going on with a name change.... Thanks for the update.
58 Draenei Death Knight
I was wondering why my realm change was still stuck in 'queued' for over 12 hours. Now I know. Bummer. :/ (lol My timing sucks.)
85 Tauren Warrior
Its good to know you are aware that there is a problem. But it needs to get fixed, Im not paying to look at a charecter log-in screen for days on end.
Support Forum Agent
10/05/2011 09:26 AMPosted by Gødcømplex
Worst part is i tried name changing 3 times yesterday because i was dumb enough to believe a blizz rep when they told me the issue had been fixed. I was charged for all 3.

You were not misinformed at the time, this has recurred and is actively being investigated.
so refund his money?

at this point i would like my money refunded and my characters returned to their original server
Support Forum Agent
so refund his money?

at this point i would like my money refunded and my characters returned to their original server

You'd need to call Billing to inquire to that possibility.
12 Goblin Rogue
I'm sure they will sort out and refund his money. Turboman stop freaking out. They can't just 'magically' fix it. It will take time to find the source of the problem and fix it as always. Follow their twitter if you want up to date information.

https://twitter.com/#!/BlizzardCS < ---- BlizzardCS twitter feed.

Thank you Orlyia for posting and hope you don't have too stressful a day xD
Cool beans, was wondering what the hold up was on the name change. Good luck on getting this stuff sorted out Blizz and thanks for the update :D
85 Goblin Priest
Good thing I read the stickies before I made a new thread, lol.
85 Dwarf Hunter
so i payed my race change for nothing?
85 Dwarf Hunter
AM I GOING TO GET MY RACE CHANGE?
85 Human Death Knight
Billing, Account Services & Technical Support
Hours: 7 AM to 8 PM Pacific Time

Phone: 1-800-592-5499
Australia: 1-800-041-378
New Zealand: 0-800-452-520
Chile: 1230-020-5554
Mexico: 001-888-578-762
Argentina: 0800-333-0778
Brazil: 0-800-892-1630
85 Dwarf Warrior
Am also currently dealing with this issue with another character. :(
100 Blood Elf Priest
Man, my timing sucks. I just went and changed my name maybe two hours ago.

I really hope this is fixed soon!
85 Worgen Warrior
i was never informed by a billing rep at all about this issue, NOW am locked out of my warrior!!!!!!!, NOT TO HAPPY
85 Undead Priest
Why not just lock these services? Now I'm stuck out of my main toon for who knows how long, 5 hours so far.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]