Heirlooms

90 Undead Warlock
Ignore this post, nothing to see here... >.<
Edited by Makros on 5/31/2012 2:49 AM PDT
90 Human Priest
Well with account wide mounts maybe they will do the same with the Bind on Account items.
85 Tauren Shaman
06/04/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Paulanthony
Well with account wide mounts maybe they will do the same with the Bind on Account items.

Yeah, I think they'll do it too.
85 Tauren Druid
The Nero is too stronk
86 Troll Hunter
Or we can call it what it is... They just don't want to do it. All this technical limitations bs is pure rhetoric. This company at times has made over 100 million a month from its subscribers... Let me rewind that "at times has made over 100 million a month from its subscribers".

Now this isn't including overhead and everything it takes to run this game and company. But you guys are doing very well for a video game company.

You can make it so we can transfer from server to server with all of our items for $25 bucks but you can't make it so I can send a new character on a new server some BOA gear. I'll say that is absolute bs... I should be able to purchase BOA gear in game and then log into my battle.net account and be able to send item's from character to character/realm to realm with a 1-2 hour wait time.

I think that is what the op was getting at with the purchasable items. You guys seem to be able to get things done when it comes to your subscribers giving up more money. But when its something that would be free from our end the excuses come rolling in.

To think that you are limited to do anything is ridiculous...

And the only people that will disagree with this are the WoW N**huggers that can be told that a pile of hot steamy crap is gold and they'll believe it.

And to the first responder. Sure you can build a skysc@@*!r, especially if you were making 100mil a month. It's call outsource to the people that know how to get the job done.

Since you guys won't foot the bill on our behalf why not stop all the whining and complaining by changing the name to BOS? Surely it you won't be limited to that??
90 Night Elf Hunter
Or we can call it what it is... They just don't want to do it. All this technical limitations bs is pure rhetoric. This company at times has made over 100 million a month from its subscribers... Let me rewind that "at times has made over 100 million a month from its subscribers".

Now this isn't including overhead and everything it takes to run this game and company. But you guys are doing very well for a video game company.

You can make it so we can transfer from server to server with all of our items for $25 bucks but you can't make it so I can send a new character on a new server some BOA gear. I'll say that is absolute bs... I should be able to purchase BOA gear in game and then log into my battle.net account and be able to send item's from character to character/realm to realm with a 1-2 hour wait time.

I think that is what the op was getting at with the purchasable items. You guys seem to be able to get things done when it comes to your subscribers giving up more money. But when its something that would be free from our end the excuses come rolling in.

To think that you are limited to do anything is ridiculous...

And the only people that will disagree with this are the WoW N**huggers that can be told that a pile of hot steamy crap is gold and they'll believe it.

And to the first responder. Sure you can build a skysc@@*!r, especially if you were making 100mil a month. It's call outsource to the people that know how to get the job done.

Since you guys won't foot the bill on our behalf why not stop all the whining and complaining by changing the name to BOS? Surely it you won't be limited to that??

Ok, trying to compare an actual transfer of a character coding job to that of a "mailing items across server" job is like apples and oranges. Have you ever experienced a major content patch? Everything is screwy for the first couple days because TINY bits of coding have been messed up, and or over looked. For you to just claim how easy it is, and say its "bs" just shows how welfarewarcraft, and ignorant you are.
As a side note, I don't think they are taking that 100 million a month, and using it on just warcraft. Obviously massive server banks, staffing, and other expenses are easy to maintain. Oh and video games are cheap to develop I heard.... LOL. ^ That guy.
85 Troll Shaman
I honestly don't buy the "It's a technical limitation" line. They can flag an account to have pets sent to each character when it's made, something similar can be done with BoA's, they just don't necessarily see it as important. "Technical Limitation" = "Not on our agenda"

What you're describing are two incredibly different mechanics which require very different technical solutions. Yes, we can mail you an item to every existing character on your Battle.net account. But purchasing a BoA item doesn't result in the item being mailed to your character; nor should it, as we're not going to mail every character a BoA item you've purchased on one character. The reason you might not accept the fact we call this a technical limitation seems to be because we fundamentally disagree about how the system should work.

Why not make it so when you purchase an item, you aren't buying the item right then and there, but you are "unlocking" it for the account.

You have to earn the ability to purchase each BoA item. You're not unlocking access to a BoA item which can then be duplicated for every character on an account. You're buying one item. But, that item can be given (not duplicated) to any character on the same account and realm via the in-game mail. What we want to build into Battle.net is the ability for this type of item to be mailed to any character on your account, regardless of realm. Such a system does not exist yet and provides a weighty technical challenge -- we need to make sure there are no adverse effects to making in-game mail cross-realm. For instance, just because we want you to be able to send BoA items to any character on your account, regardless of realm, doesn't necessarily mean we want to open Pandora's box by allowing anyone to mail anything not BoP cross-realm.

Can you see the difference between us mailing every single character on your account on every single realm an item, versus allowing you to mail a single item to any character on your account on any realm? It's a very big one as far as programming is concerned.

But yet we can send these items cross faction with no ill effects, or across multiple accounts as long as they are tied to the same battlenet account. Heck we are now even looking at characters from multiple servers playing together in the open world and prevent them from trading items with one another. Seems to me you have the means to allow cross server BoA items but are holding out due to some technical mumble jumbo that you cant figure out?
Edited by Mccheese on 6/22/2012 9:12 PM PDT
90 Orc Warlock
05/31/2012 02:11 AMPosted by Analspam
ive made suggestion before we got void storage make a void mail box to enable boa items to xrelms enter name enter relm if your account mails if not dosent plus usual fee and time restrictions then when i go to another relm and reach lvl to do a bg i dont get pawned by by all the heirloom accounts with their twinked toons, personally ive got 10 85s same relm ,no incentive to really roll new toons from scratch

This sounds like a legitimate idea to me. Some sort of storage type unit a player could "buy" in-game or bnet as a one time deal to be able to send your bind on "account" items to yourself across different servers.

Honestly the ideas about getting an in-game mail as soon as you create a character doesn't make sense to me. However, would something that's posted into your bnet account that you could send from there work?

Like many people in this thread, I doubt that there's "technical" issues. Just greed. People with money WILL xfer a character with boa's attached to it across servers and blizzard knows that. While the people who are only barely able to pay for their wow sub once a month can only complain until they eventually get fed up and just buy a transfer anyways.
85 Orc Warrior
*coughs* you're showing your Activision again *cough*
85 Human Death Knight
05/31/2012 02:11 AMPosted by Analspam
ive made suggestion before we got void storage make a void mail box to enable boa items to xrelms enter name enter relm if your account mails if not dosent plus usual fee and time restrictions then when i go to another relm and reach lvl to do a bg i dont get pawned by by all the heirloom accounts with their twinked toons, personally ive got 10 85s same relm ,no incentive to really roll new toons from scratch

I have seen this before in another game and it worked very well. They limited it to 4 spaces so that sucked but you could still transfer items from one toon to the next simply by putting it in storage, logging out, logging in to the same account and different toon then withdrawing it.
36 Human Rogue
i bought a pvp sword heirloom from the person in stormwind. i bought it because it binds to your account and you get it for every character you why dont my characters get?plz helo
85 Draenei Mage
If you were making millions off your playerbase, would you be in a rush to discard that income? Can't really blame Blizz for dragging their feet on this issue, anybody with half a brain wouldn't want to lose easy money.
Edited by Velexîa on 8/3/2012 6:42 AM PDT
90 Troll Death Knight
only read the ops post, which i liked..
90 Human Paladin
What about using a type of shared bank space then? Give it 3-5 slots, and only allow BoA items to be placed into that spot. This bank could then be accessed by any character on the account, but only BoA items. So those heirlooms, pets like the Onyxian Whelpling or Archaeology purples can be shared. I know y'all have the coding to restrict items in storage containters....
90 Pandaren Warrior
Why is this thread still getting posted on? He said sometime back in October that they were looking at changing the entire system "sometime after 4.3." Which we now know is MoP. So this system will change in MoP (should be what everyone takes from this.)

If they're giving us mounts on every character, I imagine heirlooms will be very much the same way, probably sans enchants. I'll wait. Still be faster than leveling up old school.
90 Goblin Priest
If they made all mail cross-realm, I can come up with only two potential issues: Harassment and gold farmers.

1) Harassment. I don't think the ignore system allows you to ignore players from other servers unless you're in LFG, LFR or PvP with them, and so it would be possible to harass someone using in-game mail from another server. This can be solved by making cross-realm mail limited to characters on the same account, i.e. I could send mail from Tazibah (Saurfang) to Kevonos (Quel'Dorei), but my gf who also plays on Saurfang couldn't send anything to Kevonos cause he's on Quel'Dorei.

2) Gold farmers. A lot of gold farming activity is bannable. Spamming their sites on trade, using automated bots to farm, or using speed hacking will all result in a ban. But some of the gold farmers just farm the gold and don't spam trade or cheat. Cross-realm mail would allow them to farm on lower population servers, where it's easier to get mining/herb nodes, and transfer the items for sale to a higher population server where they sell higher. Then they could maybe transfer the gold somewhere else for sale. Or they can just play the AH that way. They could buy items on low price servers, transfer them to higher price servers, and sell them back on the AH there.

This could be addressed by limiting the things that can be sent across servers. It could be limited to maybe gold, heirloom items, archaeology purples and bind on equip items. The only reason I include bind on equip items is professions. I have a character on Saurfang that has Tailoring as a profession (Aivira). If I wanted to get a cloth-wearing character on Quel'Dorei equipped with tailoring gear, I could just make it on Aivira and send it over.
08/06/2012 07:07 AMPosted by Tazibah
This could be addressed by limiting the things that can be sent across servers.

You mean just like what happens now with cross faction mail today? BoAs have been cross faction on the same server since 3.3. You can only send mail to a toon on your account and if the mail has anything except BoAs, it will not send. Blizz solved your 2 issues 2 and a half years ago ;)
Edited by Solaru on 8/6/2012 7:15 AM PDT
Necro thread.. I will play though..

Heirlooms were a bad idea. Limiting the spread is how they choose to contain the problem and not lose too much profitability. The question Blizzard asks isn't "Is this possible?" It's "would this make us money...?"

Clearly the answer is NO. And its not some great conspiracy to think so.. Stick one of their programmers on this problem for month or two - and they easily solve it.
08/06/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Hume
Necro thread.. I

Actually it is not a necro. The CMs and devs have said that there is noting wrong with using the search function and posting to an older thread as long as the discussion is still relevant and you are adding to it.
Edited by Solaru on 8/6/2012 7:29 AM PDT
90 Dwarf Paladin
You guys don't realize how much money blizzard makes from transfer fees.

let's just put in perspective. Transferring one character costs almost DOUBLE what it costs for an entire months worth of game play.

Do you see how insane that is? They make 25 dollars for doing something that is AUTOMATED. It is FREE money for blizzard. Literally FREE. They do NOTHING and the money POURS in.

The reason BOA's are not transferable is the exact same reason raid finder exists. Money. Blizzard will not do ANY change to their game that results in LESS money.

Stop thinking blizzard is on your side. They are not. In fact, they will continue to exploit us as long as this game exists. Until their entire staff is driving BMW's, we will not see any changes made to save us money.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]