Disc Priest - Inner Focus

90 Dwarf Shaman
I made a disc priest and I learned the spell Inner Focus from the tree and I use it alot. But something is annoying about this spell : the constant sound it makes.

As I said, I use it everytimes the cooldown is finish, but I don't always use Flash heal, Greater Heal or Prayer of healing right after, I sometimes keep it on for severals minutes. The group I run the dungeon with sometimes yell at me to cut the spell because it gets annoying. I wonder if it would'nt be better to mute this spell?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
You can mute it by creating an empty wav file in its place:

\Data\Sound\Spells\PreCastMageLow.wav
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Make a blank file called "precastmagelow.wav"
Place this file in your WoW directory in /Data/Sound/Spells (make the sound and spells folders if they do not exist yet).

Arrrrr, Dasaq with the 23-second victory.
Edited by Elethia on 9/30/2011 12:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Blizzard should make a glyph that mutes the sound.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I made a disc priest and I learned the spell Inner Focus from the tree and I use it alot. But something is annoying about this spell : the constant sound it makes.

As I said, I use it everytimes the cooldown is finish, but I don't always use Flash heal, Greater Heal or Prayer of healing right after, I sometimes keep it on for severals minutes. The group I run the dungeon with sometimes yell at me to cut the spell because it gets annoying. I wonder if it would'nt be better to mute this spell?

Just macro it to the spells. That way it gets used as soon as you need it, and no sooner. :P

#showtooltip Greater Heal
/cast [combat] Inner Focus
/cast [@mouseover] [@target] [@player] Greater Heal

For example.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Make a blank file called "precastmagelow.wav"
Place this file in your WoW directory in /Data/Sound/Spells (make the sound and spells folders if they do not exist yet).

Arrrrr, Dasaq with the 23-second victory.

But that will only mute the sound on the OP's computer. Part of the complaint was compaints from other players. Wouldn't all the players have to do this in order for the sound to go completely away?

~Z
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage

Just macro it to the spells. That way it gets used as soon as you need it, and no sooner. :P

For example.

This. My priest only activates Inner Focus when she goes to cast GH or PoH. No excessive noise, no crazy workarounds.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
I walk around with Inner Focus and Power Infusion up constantly. If I were Alliance, I'd play a Worgen too.

*sniff sniff* *wrrrwrrwrrrwwrrrr* *pew pew pew*

Dont forget pain suppression!
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
and fear ward...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
But that will only mute the sound on the OP's computer. Part of the complaint was compaints from other players. Wouldn't all the players have to do this in order for the sound to go completely away?

It doesn't need to go completely away. If someone wants to not hear it, they can do what was suggested above. Personally, I don't care that much. I can turn the sound down or I can play music. It doesn't bother me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

why not use it when u actually need it? Problem solved.. plus more effective that way cuz as u said u have it on several minutes.... its 45 sec cd..so your not using it very efficiently "on every cd"
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage

For example.

Not only will it reduce sound up time, it will make sure you use it whenever possible. All good disc priests have IF macro's in (except in PVP where I like to save it for when I need the uninterpretable cast)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

For example.

Not only will it reduce sound up time, it will make sure you use it whenever possible. All good disc priests have IF macro's in (except in PVP where I like to save it for when I need the uninterpretable cast)

Except that its better used in PoH if possible, and its best avoided entirely during the first ten or fifteen seconds of a fight since you are likely to hit 100% mana at some point after the fight starts, making it totally wasted.

I personally have a really obnoxious power aura set up along with a separate keybind, so that I can use it just when I want to, but don't forget or put it off too long. Also a holdover from the old bug that caused it to be wasted if it was cast too soon after something else that consumed it, but that's gone now.
Edited by Sotanaht on 9/30/2011 3:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
09/30/2011 03:12 PMPosted by Sotanaht
Except that its better used in PoH if possible, and its best avoided entirely during the first ten or fifteen seconds of a fight since you are likely to hit 100% mana at some point after the fight starts, making it totally wasted.

This is true. Personally though I'm lazy in that regard, and using a macro like this is certainly better than just running around with IF on all the time. The end result is the same - it just means no annoyance and no need to think about using IF.
More power to you for having the patience/memory to hit IF individually.

As others said in pvp it's different and you'd want IF to be separate usually.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
just use it when ur gonna use it, dont just run around with it always up
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]