Post Your Favorite Newbie Story

85 Human Priest
I’ve seen threads like this on other forums and they always made me giggle. Post your favorite newbie story, it could be about you or about someone you know. We all started somewhere.

Some of My Newbie Moments:

* I remember feeling rich when I had saved up 1g.

* I opened a ticket because all the quest givers were dead in Goldshire, I thought it was a glich in the game.

* Thought if my armor broke from not repairing that it would disappear.

* I leveled my first toon to 70 without knowing you can activate additional action bars in the UI. When I realized this I remember being ticked off that I cheated myself.
Edited by Idea on 10/3/2011 11:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/03/2011 01:35 PMPosted by Lettersonly
I had a Huntard...I needed everything in Dungeons.

we're talking about noob moments, not what all raiding hunters do
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
I judged players by the amount of health they had. When the dungeon finder first came out, I was level 40, and I needed on everything with stamina on it. On some occasions, I had more health than the tank. I honestly don't know how I didn't get kicked, I guess at lower levels people don't really care about your performance in dungeons as long as the stuff gets killed.

I was a clicker/backpedaler/keyboard turner during most of wrath, as well as when I first started playing cata.

* I remember feeling rich when I had saved up 1g.

Still makes me feel rich.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I started playing in Dec 2006. My first character was a Tauren Hunter.

It took me about 4 days to get out of Mulgore. I must have died about a dozen times.

I didnt want to spend any gold. So i never bought bags until about level 20. I just used my backpack and whatever dropped. My bags would fill up before i finished most quest, so i was constantly trudging back to the vendor to empty them. I was too frugal to just delete the grey rubbish that was dropping.

I killed a wolf outside TB and a malachite dropped. I was like "whoa!". I thought i'd won the lottery. I didnt realize how common it was.

I used to try to keep a balance of all stats, including strength and spirit.

I used to do 'grey' quest. I'd be level 25 and still trying to do level 12 quest. If i picked up a quest, i did it and the rest of the chain, no matter what.

I rolled 'need' the first time i saw a piece of plate drop in RFD. I pissed off 2 warriors who had run the instance just for that drop (one of the warriors was Bor).

I really had no clue what i was doing until about level 50.

The thing is, i really miss those days. The first month or two were what i remember most about this game. Learning to play and exploring the world and just taking my time leveling was quite enjoyable.
Now when i level a toon, i just wish it would end, which is ironic since blizzard made it so fast and easy to do.

Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
when i back peddled, clicked everything and thought i was tuff
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
10/03/2011 09:36 PMPosted by Worm
I didnt want to spend any gold. So i never bought bags until about level 20. I just used my backpack and whatever dropped. My bags would fill up before i finished most quest, so i was constantly trudging back to the vendor to empty them. I was too frugal to just delete the grey rubbish that was dropping.

lawl, sounds familiar...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
10/04/2011 01:22 PMPosted by Puddinator

You still think you're tuff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/04/2011 03:58 PMPosted by Wriggly

You still think you're tuff.

Hey...look at his guild name, nothing sounds tougher.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I don't think, I'm know I'm tuff
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Every 2 levels I'd run back to the armor vendor in major cities to buy the white armor pieces for that level, thought they were huge upgrades, cost a lot of gold that armor was like 1g/piece at level 15 :(
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I also used to judge a player by their Stamina. And then I rolled on "Of the Eagle" because it gave me strength and int....As a hunter. And after the fights I would eat, then drink. Because I didn't know you could do both at the same time.

Ahh...The good ole days.
Reply Quote
2 Human Mage
There was a time when I didn't optimize my character's gem slots given my specific spec's stat weights and socket bonuses! I also never used to maximize damage to raise my effective dps while on the run or not able to do my main spell rotation! Hahahahah...good times.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
My favorite noob moment would have been when I bought the vendor gear and told moonrain about it when we were noobs, we were both rogues lvling together and Id be like LOOK! we'd both be so happy until we learned how retarded we were lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I lvled blacksmithing and mining at the same time but never knew about the other professions like cooking and fishing. It was around lvl 50 when I ran an instance with a tank who used the food buff which read "well-fed" and gave him bonus stats. I must have eaten abt 30 mage cakes in a row thinking you literally had to be "well-fed" to get the bonus.

On topic... zbikk stacked stamina in kara as a lock
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
When i started playing and wondered why my warlock didnt have a rage bar.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
10/10/2011 12:56 PMPosted by Azula
When i started playing and wondered why my warlock didnt have a rage bar.

Oh that was why I had to teach you how to play?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I was arms till level 40 something because i didnt know there were other options.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
10/10/2011 11:38 AMPosted by Revenge
My favorite noob moment would have been when I bought the vendor gear and told moonrain about it when we were noobs, we were both rogues lvling together and Id be like LOOK! we'd both be so happy until we learned how retarded we were lol.

Oh yea, did that too, bought the white gear from the vendor xD
Edited by Steve on 10/11/2011 12:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
10/11/2011 12:01 PMPosted by Steve

Oh yea, did that too, bought the white gear from the vendor xD

Who didn't?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]