Dead or Imbalanced Realms

85 Human Paladin
Hi I used to enjoy playing wow but due to realm imbalance I and about 7 of my RL friends found the game was unplayable and suspended our subscriptions. I haven't had an active account for 9 months I would like to resubscribe but the realm, that all 10 of my lvl82+ alliance characters are stuck on is dead and severely imbalanced pvp server. You can WHO everybody on the realm alliance side in one list that means there are 48 or less alliance players from lvl 1-85 @ around 4 o'clock pm server time on most weekdays or at least it was in that state when I quit playing. When I bought the game it was advertised as a massive multiplayer online experience boasting 11 million strong player base this gave me the impression that when I logged on I would be able to interact with more than 48 players.

Does blizzard plan to do anything about balancing out server populations? The only action I have seen blizzard take has made the situation on struggling servers worse by opening up paid faction changes and server changes without adding any incentive for the player population to transfer to low pop realms or factions. As a result a large part of the player base has migrated their toons from low pop servers to overcrowded high pop servers and usually to the faction that is more dominant. This has left many servers or at least one faction on a server deserted and next to unplayable since most off wows content is based around being able to group up with other characters.

I refuse to pay $250 to transfer my toons to a different server. Does blizz have any plans of offering an incentive for players to play on underpopulated realms. For example a server or faction wide tenacity type buff for underpopulated servers/factions that would scale according to how many players are online. Or increasing drop rates and quest rewards for underpopulated realms or factions. until blizzard fixes this problem I am afraid I have no desire to play their otherwise quite excellent game
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My server has collapsed, just as yours. It is so bad that I can't even find a guild that is planning on doing hardmodes... Just as Iamcanadian, I don't want to pay $250 dollars just so I can play the game that I already pay a monthly subscription for. If I were to transfer just one of my characters, it would just feel like i'm getting scammed for money, after all I just want to play the game, yet I have to pay for a character transfer because my server is dead? I don't even understand why it costs $25 in the first place... Rift manages to give free transfers that reset on a weekly basis. Back to the main topic: Please take action about this, as I do want to play the game, but I do not want to pay large amounts of money to do so. I will be canceling my subscription, and most likely won't return until the problem is solved.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
i got 5 85s on a server that doesnt have more than 3 people that have been over 2.2kish in arenas and maybe 1-2 guilds server wide that plan on doing HM clears.

Had to xfer or relevel it sucks
Edited by Drzeusyqt on 11/30/2011 8:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
My server has collapsed, just as yours. It is so bad that I can't even find a guild that is planning on doing hardmodes... Just as Iamcanadian, I don't want to pay $250 dollars just so I can play the game that I already pay a monthly subscription for. If I were to transfer just one of my characters, it would just feel like i'm getting scammed for money, after all I just want to play the game, yet I have to pay for a character transfer because my server is dead? I don't even understand why it costs $25 in the first place... Rift manages to give free transfers that reset on a weekly basis. Back to the main topic: Please take action about this, as I do want to play the game, but I do not want to pay large amounts of money to do so. I will be canceling my subscription, and most likely won't return until the problem is solved.

Really love this server, so sad to see my friends and 'enemies' leave. Fedas among them. I'm leaving server in 5.0 for certain, if not sooner, because it's just so thinly spread... Please, do something to change my mind. Combine small pop servers, free transfers off and shutting them down, just something.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
12/01/2011 10:30 PMPosted by Reinya

Really love this server, so sad to see my friends and 'enemies' leave. Fedas among them. I'm leaving server in 5.0 for certain, if not sooner, because it's just so thinly spread... Please, do something to change my mind. Combine small pop servers, free transfers off and shutting them down, just something.

if it doesnt include blizzard getting money it will never happen.
Reply Quote
12/01/2011 10:41 PMPosted by Gargarensis
if it doesnt include blizzard getting money it will never happen.

I was waiting for this. <3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
C'mon Blizz...
Do something about it.

12/01/2011 10:30 PMPosted by Reinya

<3
Reply Quote
12/05/2011 09:16 PMPosted by Ææmwææmwææwm
Low pop. servers have existed since TBC. Welcome to the life. Nothing's changed since TBC, and nothing's changing anytime soon.

Nathrezim was high population with ques during TBC. Something changed. =P
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
12/10/2011 10:30 PMPosted by Reinya
Low pop. servers have existed since TBC. Welcome to the life. Nothing's changed since TBC, and nothing's changing anytime soon.

hi i left

<3 echo
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
What changed was server transfers, faction transfers which became a rollercoaster of rats deserting a sinking ship. Nath horde is thriving, alliance is at the stage where it is impossible to find sufficient people to do rated battlegrounds. I'm sure horde must go out questing & think any alliance they come across is an npc.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
12/16/2011 12:53 AMPosted by Sleepaway

hi i left

<3 echo

ohai echo
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
i honestly think faction transfers ruined alot of things. i played on a realm that was more horde than alliance but only slightly. they would usually win things like wintergrasp and other events that were alliance horde related 55-60% of the time. so yea it wasn't to bad but there was definetly a domination on 1 side. when fation xfers came out however a majority of alliance switched to the other side and that was that. noticed something similar happen across realms to. then the rest of the alliance started transfering off our realm to realms that favored alliance.
so whatever they did to fix server realms they would have to stop faction xfers also.
Reply Quote
35 Gnome Warlock
Threads like this pop up every day. It's like Blizzard is really listening to this issue and is looking into a solution. Too bad it's the $25 solution.

Guilds in my server are transferring off to higher population realms to survive. I guess it pays to survive. 25mans in general are almost impossible to do on a medium/low pop server these days as well.

At this point either people are leaving the game because of the desolate or they're forking up the extra $$$ to move on. Do you want to pay to fix this mess that we apparently created? That's the $1 million dollar question.

12/10/2011 10:30 PMPosted by Reinya

Skullcrusher was once a high/full pop too. Sad to see it go medium now.

Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
true dat
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I totally agree but to help in the meantime, could you find a server you want to go to, get SoR's from people on that server and move 1 toon across?

I know it's not a full fix (I agree that servers need to be closed/merged/free xfers off etc), but it may be a solution that get's you back on, without the heartache of leveling.

Good luck!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]