CLUB TRIX - Fridays at the Gadgetzan AH!

100 Goblin Warlock
01/14/2012 10:25 PMPosted by Djpartimage
I'm not entirely sure what Minzel's official role is...this is just the first edition of the page after all. I went with what I knew. As I find out more, it will be updated and edited

Well that was mostly a joke, but she's supposed to be there to help hype people up since Trix often isn't in-game to do it. I'm not sure myself if I have an "official" role, but I've been on the Club Trix Crew since the third week or so.

And I am Guardian of the Epic Purple Hat and Evangelist of the Order of the Samophlange :P

(Just made those up :o )
Reply Quote
I added Minzel as "Hostess", with a link to the character bio on WA.net. :)

Btw...if you can remember what Lyon's IC surname is, let me know. Thanks! :)
Edited by Djpartimage on 1/16/2012 5:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ok. I want to give a statement of the State of Club Trix, at least as I OOCly see it.

I won't beat around the bush. We're not getting the crowds we used to get 6 months ago. Many different reasons have been stated for this, the biggest among them being these:

1) College is in session, not as many people playing WoW (even though the Club started getting really big around April, not May, of 2011 - so I'm not sure about this reason)
2) Multi-faction ability. A lot of people just don't want to party with the other faction, even though holding separate venues on the same night has proven to not be possible due to the fact that it encourages exploiting the game system, opening us up to possible, albeit unlikely, GM action against us.
3) We lost some when Rainlight left. He did have a lot of fans loyal to him, and for good reason, he's a DAMN good DJ, despite his complaints about crowd levels.

The loss of the best-dressed contest, GHI drinks, and Antonio's current inability to be on while DJing may be other reasons as well.

That's why I'm trying to increase visibility of the club online (and I see Antonio has been doing some of this too). We need to find more of the audience we're currently getting, not try to get the old audience back. The part of the old audience that left wants a 1-faction party, and that's just not possible anymore unless it's done on separate nights.

Make no mistake... among all the "nightclub" type events on WrA, we're still the biggest, despite the lower listenership, so in that respect we're still doing quite well.

Any other ideas to try and get more people? :)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
- Advertise more
- Make it a bi-monthly event instead of every Friday
- Bring back the bar tenders
- Give the nights a theme for patrons to create outfits for and base the music around that
- Have a special DJ every week
- Have special events in different locations

I'll add more as I think of them.
Reply Quote
74 Goblin Rogue
I have plans waiting to be put into action, it's just RL stuff keeps getting in the way of carrying them out. And as soon as one is resolved, another arises.

I've also attempted to bring back the drink menu, but there's no interest in it anymore -- at most I'd sell one drink on the nights I tried to bring it back.

Having a special dj every week is cool on paper and has always been a goal; there's just not enough varied djs in the community to pull it off. The will, however, be a guest dj joining us this week with a debut show.

And as for different locations each week, that would hurt participation more than it would help because people won't always be able to stay up-to-date with where it is each week.

But onwards to the announcement..

This week a new dj will be making a radio premiere at Club Trix with a 45 minute guest mix at the beginning of the night, with a possible monthly residency if popular.

8.00pm - The Masque of Clubs (Dubstep)
8.45pm - Antonio Leone (House)
9.30pm - Antonio Leone (Trance)
10.25pm - DJ Particle (Dance)
Edited by Trixxiz on 1/19/2012 11:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
01/16/2012 09:42 PMPosted by Aysun
- Have special events in different locations

01/19/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Trixxiz
And as for different locations each week, that would hurt participation more than it would help because people won't always be able to stay up-to-date with where it is each week.

I didn't suggest for every week, that would be a pain in the butt. I did say "special" events. Special events tend to drag out more people because its such a rare thing. They can plan for it and make sure they get to attend. They are sometimes even more fun than weekly events. It's just like going to a club in the real world. Weekly dance nights pull in varied crowds but something that is advertised for a month will be a packed house.

PS. I'm looking forward to tomorrow night!
Edited by Aysun on 1/19/2012 2:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
74 Goblin Rogue
Ah yes, that has been done in the past and will continue to be done. There was a special Halloween night party at a creepy altar in the far reaches of the Blasted Lands. There will be more like these in the future, but when and where I do not know. Possibly a spring solstice party but that's just coming off my head at the moment. I only do these when something comes up that seems deserving of a large, special event.

Also, I have kept Club Trix and even my identity as a musician separate from politics in the past for the most part (exceptions: SOPA/PIPA, and the Egyptian Revolution), but will be making a statement tomorrow night in regards to the shutdown of Megaupload by the federal government, a file hosting service frequently used by musicians such as myself to store and distribute works legally.
Edited by Trixxiz on 1/19/2012 4:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
74 Goblin Rogue
The megaupload thing won't affect broadcasts of Club Trix in any way except for the pre-show mix, which will now be a rotating selection of about 4 of my old radio show episodes instead of continually running through the whole list of older-than-a-year episodes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
NAXAROVA MIRA!!!

That's Draenish for basically, "drink and party on!" :)

It's our actual first anniversary this week, and while we're not expecting as much of a party as 3 weeks ago, we can still make it big! Whaddaya say? You got a built-in excuse this time! :)

And if that's not enough, Lunarfest starts in 2 days too! Another reason to party!

Let's blow some $#!+ up on the dance floor!!
Reply Quote
74 Goblin Rogue
The Masque of Clubs was well-received and will be our newest resident dj, playing on a monthly schedule of the third Friday of each month. There's three other 45-minute residency slots open, so if you are or know any djs who want to be heard, let me know!
Reply Quote
19 Blood Elf Mage
3) We lost some when Rainlight left. He did have a lot of fans loyal to him, and for good reason, he's a DAMN good DJ, despite his complaints about crowd levels.

Hey, Im still around, just very little on WOW and even less on Dramarest Accord. AKA, like never, ha. IDK if you can consider 8 people a 'crowd', but when it was that small it honestly wasn't worth my Saturday night -- I usually fked off and went out instead. Usually in RL you point at the promoters for not getting the people in, or the previous DJ whose set is so fking awful it drives everyone off. :P It's happened.

As it happens I do the occasional guest spot when I can squeeze in time. I'd have more time if someone else wants to write my Math exams for me. Not happening right?

I offered to do drum & bass for the 20th, trix said no. So I'm doing it tonite instead @ the Imp, cause Tala is awesome and I actually have a weekend off for a change. Basically people ask and I say yes/no. You guys havent been asking. :P
Reply Quote
01/21/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Rainelight
Hey, Im still around, just very little on WOW and even less on Dramarest Accord. AKA, like never, ha. IDK if you can consider 8 people a 'crowd', but when it was that small it honestly wasn't worth my Saturday night -- I usually fked off and went out instead. Usually in RL you point at the promoters for not getting the people in, or the previous DJ whose set is so fking awful it drives everyone off. :P It's happened.

8?? eep!

I usually go by the listener count, and call it when it gets between 25-20, since by that point, there are only a few actual avatars left in the club (though, if most of the listeners are actually in the club, I'll let it drop more... it happened last weekend)

Last night, we had a fireworks show (put on by the "Order of Creation" guild) to celebrate the first anniversary of the club, and we got some pretty good numbers from that, and I've been trying to increase the club's visibility with places like the WrA Wiki and WrA.net (and of course, I announce it on my FB as well).

As I think of more ways to increase visibility, I'll implement them :)
Reply Quote
You did *not* just say that....

Remember, I've heard your mixes before. :)
Reply Quote
74 Goblin Rogue
Yeah I'm open to Rainlight playing whenever, just need to know a day ahead and not when there's already a guest / 3rd dj on the roster.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Mage
8? When I checked it, it was between 16-24 if you are referring to that one night.

I don't care if anyone listens to the Lounge since I record and use this as practice. And the new streamsite won't even let us install the listener count. A lot of people go to the event yet don't listen to the stream, I really don't care! I -was- having fun with this until last night and other people were too.

I get home from work and find all these angry messages about our free streamsite that somehow I was put in charge of. Like I even want to hear that kind of stuff.

And Shay is the one who brings in the numbers, the rest of us are at least a decade older than her so how can we criticize her? If NUMBERS are all you people care about... want numbers? I can cheat and make those as high as I wanted to, and I should have done that last night, shouldn't I ???

If anyone sucks as a DJ, it's me apparently, even though I have djd at clubs, weddings and college radio, but RL clubs are different than WoW events. My only fans for the actual djing aspect have left for another game.

It was fun while it lasted, but I'm out.

I mean, how hard is it to play music on a stream after I leave? Too hard I guess, since it went silent! You guys want a nightclub on Saturdays? Find someone else to crack the whip.
This whole thing is more difficult than djing IRL. If I want to dj, I'll do it IRL where I actually get paid a little, and no one insults me the way WoW people do.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Priest
I stopped tuning in when Rainelight left. :( Even if I couldn't stand to stare at my screen anymore I'd still stream his music while doing other things. Anyone know if there is another place to tune into him?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]