CLUB TRIX - Fridays at the Gadgetzan AH!

74 Goblin Rogue
I'd rather not have Lucky Imp drama in the Club Trix thread please. =[
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Mage
You guys, this is really funny now. Remember .. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869415169?page=17 When we started Poetica's Underground Rave? All that..... drama? Who loved it? (NOT me).

When Rainlight came to Trix, he dragged me with him, and I brought many others.

Anyways, I had a few people get upset at me when I said I wanted to stop my event, so I guess it's still on. And as to why DJ Rage left WoW shortly after he took over ownership of the Lounge, I can guess -wink-

As far as Rainlight goes, I guess he'd rather cut off his own appendage than dj outside of WoW. He's not talking to me after I failed to supply him with enough listeners, I guess. That's kind of hard to do when I am starting my shift in the hospital.

So, Rainlight if you're reading this, I guess two years IS a long time. The world is full of interesting people?
Edited by Talanesha on 1/23/2012 9:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Mage

I'd rather not have Lucky Imp drama in the Club Trix thread please. =[

Um I didn't know this was here until you told me about that post I was mentioned in.
If you expect me to ignore mention of my name you are wrong.

Trix, I'm pretty sure Rainlight will come back if you ask him, enjoy.

Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Priest
You guys, this is really funny now. Remember .. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869415169?page=17 When we started Poetica's Underground Rave? All that..... drama? Who loved it? (NOT me).

Ok well since I read that forum I can see I opened up a can of worms. I honestly didn't know the drama went down. I ended up getting to busy and not making it to the events or following the forums. I asked just because I honestly like his music. Not a diss on any of the other DJs that host or are guests I just really liked his stuff. Didn't mean to sound like a troll. XD
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Mage
You didn't, dear Celest. Don't worry about it, I just think it's funny.

Oh, sorry I am not supposed to post here because it's non-Trix drama, er.. no I guess it's ok since it's about Rainlight, who used to be half of Club Trix.

It's just music being put on a stream for an rp event, I don't know why it has to be so complicated and make people fight. Maybe jealousy over who gets the lovins? I did get caught up in it because of who I thought my e-friends were, next thing I know I get tons of crap in-game.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I'm just going to ignore posts 78-86.

Looking forward to this coming Friday night!
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Warrior
I don't know the 'drama' that happened, but I spent quite some time talking to a TrixDJ the other night about WHY the numbers have dropped off.
For me, it was when ClubTrix stopped being in the Exodar. The ambience that place had was second-to-none. It felt like a REAL club.

2) Multi-faction ability. A lot of people just don't want to party with the other faction, even though holding separate venues on the same night has proven to not be possible due to the fact that it encourages exploiting the game system, opening us up to possible, albeit unlikely, GM action against us.

I don't see WHY we can't have two separate events in different locations, with the same music being streamed. Why do you think this Pollara? What would be we doing that could be considered an exploit? Two sets of players mingled in different areas, all of whom are connected to a browser page OUT of game. They wouldn't even know for starters, let alone what would they do? Am I missing something here?

I think part of the demise of the night-club life in game has to also be put down partly to it getting boring. It was a great idea when it started, as I said above, the ambience was awesome, but lets face it - you /dance and not much else. You get hammered with /say and /emote spam which makes it almost a mental workout as opposed to something fun. I would be encouraging people to form parties and use /w a lot more. I mean, if you are having a private conversation on the dancefloor, no-one is going to hear you anyway - keep it that way.
And the same goes for 'intimate emotes' - I don't mean erp, but I mean the little things like "/me traced a finger down his cheek" - cute, sweet, but meant for only one person, don't spam the club with it, IRL the only person who would know that would be the person you did it to, or maybe a close group of friends - again /party.
I think for this reason a lot of people stopped coming to the venue, but continued to tune into the stream anyway. Since the listener count isn't being used at the moment (see below) the DJs don't know how many are actually tuned in, even if they are doing other things like raiding, questing, PvPing or even other RP events.

Part of the 'boring' thing also comes with what seems like the same crowd, the same music and not much else. I'll be honest, the other thing for me was losing Rainlight. He has the voice and the charisma for DJing a show like that, he was a bit more interactive with the crowd, like taking requests and doing shout-outs etc. However, not actually being in game at the venue can obviously make this a lot harder, and effectively non-existent if you're not getting the feedback live from the crowd - and I say this as a generalisation as anything, not a callout to anyone in particular, but to any DJ who does ClubTrix (or other event for that matter).

Following on from that is that as much as I love you Shay, and our other female DJs, you always sound too soft and honestly lacking in confidence. I don't mean that nastily in any way, I hope you take it as constructive criticism, but I think it's another reason Rainlight was so effective at pulling the crowd. And hey, as a member of the fairer sex, he sounds schmexy, who am I kidding?

01/22/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Talanesha
And the new streamsite won't even let us install the listener count.

Yes it will. Click change info line and from there you can enable listener numbers. I can do it quite fine on my site, just remember to hit update on the setup page and refresh the info line on the streaming site itself.

01/22/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Celestiae
I stopped tuning in when Rainelight left. :( Even if I couldn't stand to stare at my screen anymore I'd still stream his music while doing other things. Anyone know if there is another place to tune into him?

You can download his mixes from http://www.djrainlight.com.

I hope this feedback is useful guys.....
Reply Quote
74 Goblin Rogue

I don't see WHY we can't have two separate events in different locations, with the same music being streamed. Why do you think this Pollara? What would be we doing that could be considered an exploit? Two sets of players mingled in different areas, all of whom are connected to a browser page OUT of game. They wouldn't even know for starters, let alone what would they do? Am I missing something here?

This was tried briefly with the Horde and Alliance sections of Dalaran. There were a lot of people who were coming to both nights, and with the nights merged into one at the same time (needed to be done) a lot of people had to choose a side. It resulted in higher listeners, but less people partying in a location for any particular faction. After only a few weeks, the alliance side was completely empty and alliance players would use an exploit to gain entrance to the horde side party.

Personally I'd still prefer to keep them separate, however in practice it's shown not to work. So rather than perpetuate an event where some people could get into trouble for exploiting or even promoting the use of an exploit, I was forced to change it into a multi-faction party.

I think part of the demise of the night-club life in game has to also be put down partly to it getting boring. It was a great idea when it started, as I said above, the ambience was awesome, but lets face it - you /dance and not much else. You get hammered with /say and /emote spam which makes it almost a mental workout as opposed to something fun. I would be encouraging people to form parties and use /w a lot more. I mean, if you are having a private conversation on the dancefloor, no-one is going to hear you anyway - keep it that way.

The club does and always has had a per-person lifespan. Eventually people want to do something different and move on. That's not a bad thing. As long as there's new people coming to the server -- which there are, there will always be listeners. The popularity of Club Trix can fluctuate relative to the influx of new players on the server. The abundance of competing club events that have sprung up can hasten the rate at which some get bored with it, however.

I think for this reason a lot of people stopped coming to the venue, but continued to tune into the stream anyway. Since the listener count isn't being used at the moment (see below) the DJs don't know how many are actually tuned in, even if they are doing other things like raiding, questing, PvPing or even other RP events.

We know how many are tuned in and have the feature turned on. Talanesha operates a competing event and is not a part of Club Trix. The current listener counts on Club Trix are peaking in the 50s and averaging in the 40s. This was typical of early summer nights last year and higher than Spring-nights last year. I'm confident it will reach into the 100s again in summer.
Edited by Trixxiz on 1/25/2012 4:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
74 Goblin Rogue
Try checking your volume settings. There's a separate volume control for the mic which may be low.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Mage
Shay, I never saw any competition, not even from Poetica. Events on different nights, or totally different styles. I talked to everyone involved, no competition noted. I even tried to give you the Lounge as Shay's personal event, but you are busy like me.

However Trix posted, saying I was a competing event, ookay? Uhh .. different nights? I have asked you, Trix many times to take over Saturdays again. I would not be here at all if you didn't give up Saturdays, and I'm not even sure Poetica's is still going on, she said she quit many times. You advised Rainlight and I to start our own thing because people ask for a Saturday nightclub.

[u]For those who don't know, Rainlight quit Trix, I think the Saturdays, then went on vacation. When he came back Saturdays were eliminated, is that correct Trix? So Rainlight asked Poetica to start an event on Saturdays that I was involved in

Keri, I looked at my site, I even had Rainlight look into installing public listener count. For some reason it does not give us the option. However someone with administrator abilities can view that at any time, albeit inaccurate?
But again, I don't really care. Listening to me is totally optional. I know the most loyal group of Trix and Imp attendees never ever listened to the streams.

I care about: #1- school #2- work. But if I gave this up, no more djing for me since I sure don't have time to dj in clubs anymore. And what else would I do before work on Sats, if not listen to crappy djs in bars?
I don't know if you were referring to my voice, or if you ever heard me, but I'll try to be louder! I use the exact gear Rainlight used to, mic turned all the way up. I don't even recall hearing a female DJ yelling the way a guy might. I wasn't even allowed to speak where I last used to dj.
Yes, Rainlight is a sexy guy. Instead of talking about him, send him a message!

That brings up people being naughty in emotes or spamming. They will do or troll as they please. It -is- a nightclub, so you can expect some craziness or ERP to occur.
In case you didn't know a lot of people only go to our events for hookups. I have gotten complaints, all I can say if someone propositions you and you aren't into them, just tell them no or /ignore.

One last thing and I won't post again unless Rainlight contacts me about this forum:

People are bored with WoW or have moved to ToR. It will never be what it once was. I have tried to move my event to ToR, but since people are being banned for swearing, it is not an option. A few years ago a friend of mine was suspended for naughty talk on WoW, since then they have eased up on the rules. Otherwise, none of these events would be allowed. Maybe with MoP things will pick up, but with a new Everquest in the making WoW will probably take another decline.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Warrior
01/25/2012 10:50 PMPosted by Talanesha
They will do or troll as they please. It -is- a nightclub, so you can expect some craziness or ERP to occur.

Yes, but if someone tongues someone else's ear, the whole club doesn't know about it.

Yada yada yada
I can't be bothered replying, other than to say yes, I HAVE heard you Tala.

Sorry for the feedback.
I'll keep my opinions to myself next time.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Mage
Sorry for the feedback.
I'll keep my opinions to myself next time.

Nah it's cool baby! I thank you for that :)

But sorry to Trix for using his forum to do it in lol.

Reply Quote
74 Goblin Rogue
Scratching is a completely different ballgame. I'm no turntablist, but that doesn't mean I'm a bad dj. So I will decline your invitation, since I have nothing to gain from it and it's designed for something I do not do. Scratching has never really had a place in trance music, so I've never bothered to focus on it.

01/25/2012 10:50 PMPosted by Talanesha
[u]For those who don't know, Rainlight quit Trix, I think the Saturdays, then went on vacation. When he came back Saturdays were eliminated, is that correct Trix? So Rainlight asked Poetica to start an event on Saturdays that I was involved in

He quit Club Trix altogether, not just Saturdays.
Reply Quote
19 Blood Elf Mage
lol
Reply Quote
74 Goblin Rogue
If your intention was originally to quit just Saturdays, you never made it clear, but it did not matter. I had clearly told you months before when you decided to blow up on air and ragequit mid-set that is something I do not tolerate and if it happened again, you wouldn't be welcomed back, which it did. But I have been generous and forgiving in allowing you to occasionally return as a guest dj, and I do not appreciate your passive-aggressive comments above one bit.

Now, considering I have asked for this to be a drama-free thread, and the only time I have ever had drama problems on this server the past two years I have been here has been the result of Rainlight/Tala matters, I respectfully request you both to leave this thread permanently.
Reply Quote
74 Goblin Rogue
Previous Club Trix Episodes Available for Playback & Download
Recent episodes of Club Trix, including guest mixes, are now available for playback and download through minus. http://min.us/mioiv4FVs#1 -- Switch to list or grid view to see them all. Available are weeks 49-53.

Club Trix #49 (Holiday Week) w/ Antonio Leone Part 1 (House)
http://min.us/mioiv4FVs#1o

Club Trix #49 (Holiday Week) w/ Antonio Leone Part 2 (Cheesy Christmas Trance)
http://min.us/mioiv4FVs#2o

Club Trix #50 (50th Episode Special) w/ DJ Ortiz Guestmix (Tech House)
http://min.us/mioiv4FVs#3o

Club Trix #50 (50th Episode Special) w/ Antonio Leone (Trance Classics)
http://min.us/mioiv4FVs#4o

Club Trix #51 w/ Antonio Leone (House & Trance)
http://min.us/mioiv4FVs#5o

Club Trix #52 (Friday the 13th) w/ Antonio Leone (House & Trance)
http://min.us/mioiv4FVs#6o

Club Trix #52 (Friday the 13th) w/ Antonio Leone pres. Amdukias (Gabber)
http://min.us/mioiv4FVs#7o

Club Trix #53 w/ Masque of Clubs Guestmix (Dubstep)
http://min.us/mioiv4FVs#8o

Club Trix #53 w/ Antonio Leone (House & Trance)
http://min.us/mioiv4FVs#9o
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]