Looking back, Firelands and Ragnaros + Video

85 Troll Druid
First a little about the Ragman himself. He was nerfed twice, the HP nerf came first followed by a 15% damage nerf. I can tell you firsthand that the 15% nerf was pretty meaningless for guilds struggling in the p4 transition, but did help consistently getting there.

GG pushed between 200-300 attempts on this monster in a 10 week span. We feel we could have killed it a month earlier, but with a few of our core members seeking to go casual and huge roster/attendance issues we cannot be disappointed with our finish. We killed him with a roster of 11 people raiding an average of 10 hours a week for the last 4 weeks (compared to our 5days 18hours+ during week 2 and 3).

We finished top50 US according to guildox and await the challenges of the last tier of this expansion.

Before I post the video, I'd like to throw out a quick congratulations to the guild Gob Squad for their realm first drake achievement meta, as well as all the other guilds raiding on Archimonde for their progress in Firelands. I would also like to personally thank everyone from my guild for their efforts, sacrifices (one of our MTs gave up some free baseball tickets at one point to make a raid), and patience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf9Wj9oLkro&feature=channel_video_title
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Very awesome to join you guys and made my transfer to this realm completely worth it. It was refreshing to work progression on one of the hardest bosses in the game side by side with so many skilled players. It was my first experience on true progression and it was a blast even if frustrating at times. Despite not getting it prior to the nerfs, I'm extremely proud of our kill and can't wait to progress completely with GIRLS GENERATION through the next tier from the start.
Edited by Eatdamuffin on 10/2/2011 4:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Nerf or no nerf Rag is still a hard boss, and it was a really clean, deserved kill. I was glad to have raided 2 tiers of kick !@# progression with these guys, $%^- all the haters and jealous bads, all the best for the next tier. With hope I can rejoin your ranks when things settle down irl!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Just want to say thanks to GG for the carry and opportunity to raid with all the Korean girls in this guild. Is there any way to gkick Ravi so I will get the first staff? :P
Reply Quote
1 Orc Rogue
How many people did you pay to x-fer over?

Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
>.>
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
10/04/2011 08:36 AMPosted by Hathr
How many people did you pay to x-fer over?

They didn't have to pay me to play with so many beautiful Korean girls.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Seems weird when 10 man guilds have issues with getting enough people online.

gratz on the kill though

btw will you guys get your staff done soon?
Edited by Rockmonster on 10/5/2011 9:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Seems weird when 10 man guilds have issues with getting enough people online.

gratz on the kill though

Why does it seem weird? We have to field a smaller roster, we can't have too many sitting otherwise they'll leave. We have to have just enough to be able to get play time for any members while having enough reliable available backups that can do similar dps if a main person has an issue.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
10/05/2011 09:55 AMPosted by Rockmonster

I think Ravi will have our first staff in 3 more clears?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Ravi will get the first staff in 4 weeks if he's lucky, he's currently 84/250, and only about 40-45 drop per clear...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Damn we will be done 3 by then
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Huge grats on the kill guys. I enjoyed bugging Buundox for updates every couple days. ^_^

In other news, the 10m staff is a complete joke. I'll have mine after 3 more weeks of clears, sitting at 128/250 right now. I missed ONE WEEK during the whole process.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
i finally took a peek at this video.

i love you so much for using gaga. <3333
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Realm first of the hideous Legnaros, congratulations!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]