Tyrande the Troll

85 Night Elf Rogue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ5Da77pcBY&feature=youtube_gdata
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulE7pDI8rJw&feature=channel_video_title

Any explanation at all?
Edited by Kyalin on 10/6/2011 9:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizz hates the voice actors from WCIII? (With the exception of Metzen, of course)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Tyrande's voice actor hasn't voiced her for a long, long time if I'm guessing correctly, because it's the same person.

Also, elves are basically trolls anyways. Inbred ones with weird teeth and too many digits at that.
10/06/2011 09:53 PMPosted by Kerasth
Blizz hates the voice actors from WCIII? (With the exception of Metzen, of course)
She's the same voice actor...
Edited by Dusksworn on 10/6/2011 9:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
AoA
That's young Tyrande isn't it? She sounds quite energetic.

Anyway, it's the same voice actress... kinda odd really but it doesn't bug me that much.

10/06/2011 09:54 PMPosted by Dusksworn
Also, elves are basically trolls anyways.

That's terrible logic. They're a vastly different race now than what they were centuries ago after first encountering the Well of Eternity.
Edited by Talrendas on 10/6/2011 9:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
She always sounded remotely trollish, but had something else in there as well. I think it was italian or something. That however....ugh....

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Tyrande's voice actor hasn't voiced her for a long, long time if I'm guessing correctly, because it's the same person.

Also, elves are basically trolls anyways. Inbred ones with weird teeth and too many digits at that.

*Eyeroll*

Sure, we discover three weeks ago that they were descended from trolls, and all of the sudden, they're given troll accents?

The second one is supposedly from end time, I will add.
Reply Quote

She's the same voice actor...

Seriously?! Why the hell did she change her accent?! It was perfect the way it was!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
10/06/2011 09:56 PMPosted by Kerasth
Seriously?! Why the hell did she change her accent?! It was perfect the way it was!
Well when was the last time Tyrande had a voiced line?

10/06/2011 09:54 PMPosted by Talrendas
That's terrible logic. They're a vastly different race now than what they were centuries ago after first encountering the Well of Eternity.
Hmm... I suppose I need to make my jokes clearer in the future.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Blizzard is cheap when hiring voice actors, like, really cheap. No no, I mean cheaper than that. Don't you dare even think anything about my mother but yes, hella cheaper than what you were going to suggest.

So they still hire that terrible, terrible person who voiced Eartmender Norsala and Sylvanas Windrunner to keep doing more girls' voices, whom must be charging peanuts.

You know. The ladies who have the ability to speak through their noses, not their mouths.
Reply Quote
10/06/2011 09:58 PMPosted by Dusksworn

Warcraft III?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
AoA
10/06/2011 09:58 PMPosted by Dusksworn

Hmm... I suppose I need to make my jokes clearer in the future.

*shrug* I just noticed other peeps were making that same conclusion and actually being serious about it, no worries.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid

Something I think you guys have to remember. In Warcraft 3, despite the words being translated into English, they were speaking Darnassian, not Common.

In WoW, she would be speaking common, and it will come with her accent.

The voice actor has a different accent, yes.... But lore wise, she's speaking a different language.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Blizzard is cheap when hiring voice actors, like, really cheap. No no, I mean cheaper than that. Don't you dare even think anything about my mother but yes, hella cheaper than what you were going to suggest.

So they still hire that terrible, terrible person who voiced Eartmender Norsala and Sylvanas Windrunner to keep doing more girls' voices, whom must be charging peanuts.

You know. The ladies who have the ability to speak through their noses, not their mouths.
Read the thread...

This is the same Tyrande that was in Warcraft 3. I'm supposing that after years of not voicing her she's gotten rusty with her Tyrande voice.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
...I hate to say it, but this actually hurts to listen to. -_-
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
She sounds like Bwemba... or any troll woman, really. Bleh.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
AoA
It really is the weirdest voice acting I've ever heard. (Well in terms of Warcraft, at least.)

It sounds very trollish at first then it actually starts sounding like normal Tyrande. Perhaps it has something to do with the events she's taking place in, such as what's going on is causing her to speak in such a way that's different. I don't know what it could be but it would probably make a little bit of sense if that were the case.

And even then, maybe the voice actress was simply confused on how to voice a younger Tyrande and tried to go for something very vibrant and energetic.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
W.T.F.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Doesn't matter. I still loathe Earthmender norsala and Sylvanas windrunner's voices with a passion. She did a good job with that lich on ICC whose name I totally forgot right now, and Sindragosa, but those two fuel my nightmares.

I'm more of a visual person anyways, and Tyrande looks pretty hot with her new mdoel so I'm generally ok with this. It really doesn't make think that Tyrande's going to be passing joints and going "'ey mon" anytime soon.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest

And even then, maybe the voice actress was simply confused on how to voice a younger Tyrande and tried to go for something very vibrant and energetic.

Since it's (according to the above) the same V.A., couldn't she have spoken her lines as normal then just pitch-shifted it a few octaves?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]