Firelands GDKP

55 Goblin Death Knight
Has anyone on the server considered doing this? Even for normal mode? Figured with the nerfs it might be easily doable to do at least 6/7 in a GDKP run.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I'd join one
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
why dont you do it britt
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Was just talking to some people in a pug about this. I'd like to get one started in the next week or two if there is interest. Mail me in game if you are interested and I'll get the ball rolling. Even if it isn't a gdkp run and a main/offspec roll thing, there is no reason we can't go smack the loot pinatas that is firelands normal.
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
10/09/2011 07:53 PMPosted by Nopedotjpg
why dont you do it britt

I thought about it, but I lack the manpower to actually get one going. Would need a bunch of competant people to help carry the "buyers". Wasn't sure if guilds like <S E V E N> or any others that are breezing through easy hard modes were interested in doing this.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Add in the fact that 10/25 now share a lock out. We used to run 10 man GDKP's with some of our mains carrying the weight and 25 man GDKP with our alts we geared out in the 10 man HMs. I'm sure we have geared enough alts to run one but I think most of our members are happy just running an all guild alt run that they can just blow through on fri/sat. Carrying bads is just a headache and not really worth the money any more (as most members have plenty anyway).
Edited by Treunlaoch on 10/11/2011 10:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
To be honest we only have about 12 people with alts that are geared enough for firelands.. and we ussualy just run it on 10 man to save the headache... honestly i never understood the point of them.. you can easily pug 7/7 on 10 man now.. not that hard...
Reply Quote
56 Orc Death Knight
Edited by Foerekk on 10/14/2011 11:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
10/13/2011 07:22 AMPosted by Foerekk
I'm sure we have geared enough alts to run one but I think most of our members are happy just running an all guild alt run that they can just blow through on fri/sat. Carrying bads is just a headache and not really worth the money any more (as most members have plenty anyway).

No offense, but this is part of the reason why the server is "dying". People lack the ability to want to help others. If it can't be completely smooth for them then why should they do it? People on the server need to go back to the nature of helping people and run things because it's fun. Not because it's a chore to them and they want to get it done and over with.

Once people on the server realize they should be helping everyone instead of staying in their "cliques" then the server can start to move towards a better group of people and hopefully entice more people to make toons on the server.

To be honest we only have about 12 people with alts that are geared enough for firelands.. and we ussualy just run it on 10 man to save the headache... honestly i never understood the point of them.. you can easily pug 7/7 on 10 man now.. not that hard...

This coming from a guy who is utter crap altogether. I remember during Wrath having to carry you through ICC and such.

LOL I also remembering carrying Draekor back in ICC when SWITCHING TARGETS was TOO HARD ;-) but that's because Dylan made me. But in all honesty, coming from someone who's played with Draekor for along time, his skill has grown quite considerably. so before you attack someone for something they've done in the past, play with them again, and see if what you knew is still true.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
No offense, but this is part of the reason why the server is "dying". People lack the ability to want to help others. If it can't be completely smooth for them then why should they do it? People on the server need to go back to the nature of helping people and run things because it's fun. Not because it's a chore to them and they want to get it done and over with.Once people on the server realize they should be helping everyone instead of staying in their "cliques" then the server can start to move towards a better group of people and hopefully entice more people to make toons on the server.

Do you really think back in wrath it was all about people helping each other? Gong show certiantly didnt run GDKPs or sell mounts because they thought it would be benefitial to the server. Players need to stop blaming others for their lack of skill or progression.

This isn't wrath anymore, everyone is responable for learning how to play their class and preform in a raid enviroment correctly. Unfortunatly people need to stop relying on others to help them get good, you couldnt carry people through defile and you certainly cannot carry people through alysrazors tornados. I gaurentee you doing GDKPS for firleands will not make anyone better which was already made quite evident in wrath.

At this point the only way people are going to improve their skills is by doing pugs and try their best to outshine their other raid members. You should always strive to be the best in your raid even if your class or boss mechanics dont really allow it, its still the best way to learn in my opinion.

Reply Quote
56 Orc Death Knight
Edited by Foerekk on 10/14/2011 11:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/13/2011 10:40 AMPosted by Foerekk
I have and he was still not that great either. Especially since DK's are really hard to play right? Or did something change and they because extremely hard to play?

like posting on your main is hard?
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
/sigh

You ask a simple question and everybody has to come in and troll. Thanks Adeclaugus, Arithia, and Sopaid for actually providing some kind of feedback rather than troll.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
i have a holy pally that would heal a pug firelands with other confident players
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]